PDA

View Full Version : My LEH Application Found on Street

rollingrock
05-24-2013, 11:57 AM
A week ago I filled up my LEH Application form, stamped it and dropped it in a Canada Post mailbox. Today just 30 minutes ago I received a phone call from a gentleman who lives not too far from where the mailbox is. He found my LEH by his house with a corner ripped!

I still haven't seen the forms yet. But to me it seems that some as$ in Canada Post has problems with hunting and is purposely tampering with our application.

WTF!:twisted:

Tenacious Billy
05-24-2013, 12:04 PM
An unlikely scenario. I'm sure most Canada Post employees favour their job over stopping you from getting a moose draw.......sometimes accidents happen.

rollingrock
05-24-2013, 12:15 PM
An unlikely scenario. I'm sure most Canada Post employees favour their job over stopping you from getting a moose draw.......sometimes accidents happen.

Excuse me....do you work for Canada Post?

gutpile
05-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Sounds like it !

edg
05-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Yep,had a bison draw go to Toronto and come back stamped insufficient postage!

steel_ram
05-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Oops, the wind got that one. Whoops, slammed a door on that rifle box.

G.A.
05-24-2013, 12:35 PM
sounds easy enough to settle, you know the date and location you put it in, and they know the person on the route that day. even if it was dropped by accident, its still their responsability to make sure that dont happened.

Frango
05-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Wow some of you guys are sure quick to jump on the Postal workers hate hunters wagon. G.A has a good suggestion. Perhaps its time to rethink everybody hates hunters routine.You hunt, do what you do and stop saying everybody hates me for what I like to do .Perhaps it's easier to say I did not get a LEH because some postal person stole my card or the NDP are to blame or its only people from the lower mainland or Vancouver island that get draws than it is to say I just did not get a draw. As one TV hunter always say's be proud of your hunting .Stop blaming perceived anti's in every bush or around every corner.

Weatherby Fan
05-24-2013, 01:16 PM
put all your cards in one envelope and mail it or better yet throw them in an Express post envelope and get a tracking #

for a cpl $ its a great piece of mind

Tenacious Billy
05-24-2013, 01:29 PM
No...not even close. Just like I said - sometimes poop happens.

weatherby_man
05-24-2013, 01:31 PM
put all your cards in one envelope and mail it or better yet throw them in an Express post envelope and get a tracking #

Good thought WF, same as what I did.

boxhitch
05-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Sure , and the envelope is addressed to the LEH office , the whole lot gets tossed !
Its a scam , and now that the nils are not mailed back , no one knows if they are in the draw except the winners . LEH and CPS are in cahoots.
And the odds ? well , they are toyed with so that hunters actually think they have a chance. Its all a sham
The only applications guaranteed to get in are the one with a return addy for Wilderness Committee or Raincoast

BCKyle
05-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Good thought WF, same as what I did.

Me too! ...plus I was late getting it together so I didn't have much choice! :-?

I was a little worried about whether they accept LEH cards if they are mailed like that but from some forum searches here it sounds like it shouldn't be a problem.

And for the OP, did you at least have time to get it sent in again? 'Cause that would be pretty sh**ty if you didn't have time to re-post it... Good luck on your LEHs that made it!

Bowzone_Mikey
05-24-2013, 01:48 PM
A week ago I filled up my LEH Application form, stamped it and dropped it in a Canada Post mailbox. Today just 30 minutes ago I received a phone call from a gentleman who lives not too far from where the mailbox is. He found my LEH by his house with a corner ripped!

I still haven't seen the forms yet. But to me it seems that some as$ in Canada Post has problems with hunting and is purposely tampering with our application.

WTF!:twisted:

*cough* Troll *cough*

f350ps
05-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Sent mine Tuesday morning at 10am from Ladner, Express Post, checked the tracking number the next morning and it was delivered and signed for at 5:30am. Best 10 bucks I spent this week! :) K

SKYLINE
05-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Maybe one day BC will get out of the dark ages and do the draw online. I'm not holding my breath though

steel_ram
05-24-2013, 02:44 PM
It's all about beating the odds. Part of that might be just getting there. It's Gordo's, no Chrusties I mean Dix (he was only 35).

cdnshooter13
05-24-2013, 02:44 PM

X2 on this! Why lick 5 or 6 stamps and have them all mailing individually? I express post mine everytime and its like 10 bucks.

The Hermit
05-24-2013, 02:58 PM
A hahahaha funny thread!!! Okay next year you can send them to me and for $5 and if they arrive at my place by the last day for entry I will personally hand deliver them to the MOE drop box in the lobby! LOL Now I'll be wanting MOE to make all hunting LEH! You guys are a riot!

trapperRick
05-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Like he said

Tenacious Billy
05-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Like he said

Not sure why everyone doesn't do this........:confused:

Singleshotneeded
05-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Take your LEH's in future to a gun shop, you give them a twonie and all your cards, and they courier them to Victoria.
No risk of pinko posties or vandals...

whitetailsheds
05-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Take your LEH's in future to a gun shop, you give them a twonie and all your cards, and they courier them to Victoria.

Ya but what if the anti's have infiltrated the gun shops?!?

.330 Dakota
05-24-2013, 03:57 PM
I always send my Puroletter, so when they open it they see individual cards and if there is a group moose draw its in a small envelope inside as well,,never any issues with Puro,,,which is owned by Canada Post,,however you cant see whats in the Puro-Pack,,only the address

Gateholio
05-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Sounds like it was dropped out. If it was a true anti hunter postie that wanted to risk their job to mess with you, your application would have never been found. Keep in mind that it's just an application- destroying it doesn't change that someone is going to get the draw and hunt, so it's pointless to mess with your form.

Weatherby Fan
05-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Ya but what if the anti's have infiltrated the gun shops?!?

Well there's only one thing left to do............hand deliver them and conduct the draw yourself........a guy may even get a draw then !

Darksith
05-24-2013, 04:08 PM
wow, this is maybe one of the best threads of the year...simply amazing.

To all you consipiracy theorists, if you really are so skeptical, express post it so you have a tracking number. Its only an extra $20 to do that. Get all your fellow conspiracy buddies together, put all your cards there and then do it. I find it comical that you can be so skeptical and think that canada post workers are out to get you, yet you are willing to simply toss your card in the mail without an envelope on it. What if someone spilled their coffee on it, or a grease stain and it then becomes unreadable....simply amazing how some people think everyone is getting screwed yet you still buy your cards every year.

Darksith
05-24-2013, 04:12 PM
A hahahaha funny thread!!! Okay next year you can send them to me and for $5 and if they arrive at my place by the last day for entry I will personally hand deliver them to the MOE drop box in the lobby! LOL Now I'll be wanting MOE to make all hunting LEH! You guys are a riot!

Maybe your an Anti trying to get their cards and $5 too lol

Glenny
05-24-2013, 04:13 PM

Still Water Sports does this every year. Wouldn't do t any other way.

Ozone
05-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Maybe the postie put in for the same draw?

05-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Sorry to side track this thread but... Are the results out yet?

.300WSMImpact!
05-24-2013, 04:23 PM

yes I got nil ................ again

or did someone take all my cards and discard them, hmmmm, I WILL get to the bottom of this

Weatherby Fan
05-24-2013, 04:25 PM

They were out at noon and I got the Kamloops Sheep Draw.............now where is my guide whats his name ? Oh yeh coach yeh thats him !

Krico
05-24-2013, 04:43 PM
You conspiracy theorists are awesome. Thanks for the Friday laugh. Now go hide in your mom's basement, and don't forget to put on your tinfoil hats!

buckshot
05-24-2013, 06:31 PM
This might be humorous to some of you but, last year on my moose LEH hunt, we ran into two groups of postal workers who 3 tags each. Also we met three hunting store employees with elk draws while deer hunting up island. Weird or what!

Bobfl
05-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Use an envelope in the future, A simple little card missed the bag when the posty was emptiing the box, simple mistake.
On a better note you would have never got drawn anyway.

Apolonius
05-24-2013, 08:12 PM
I think it is just about time to go with applications through the computer,pay right there and you got your receipt.Maybe even get assigned a number. After what buckshot had to say ...there is a conspiracy.And there is truth to that.

Gateholio
05-24-2013, 08:17 PM
This might be humorous to some of you but, last year on my moose LEH hunt, we ran into two groups of postal workers who 3 tags each. Also we met three hunting store employees with elk draws while deer hunting up island. Weird or what!

I'm not sure what is weird? That postal workers or hunting store workers also put in for LEH? I bet you could find groups of coworkers hunting together all over BC.

Tenacious Billy
05-24-2013, 08:44 PM

Oh geez.......:roll:

rollingrock
05-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Ok,I drew my conclusion basing on more information that hasn't been disclosed here. I'm just telling people here that your mails aren't as secure as you think. There is no low limit for low-lives. Simple as that... I can tell you that a few employees of Canada Post have been busted for mail/parcel theft. There're all kinds of animals working there. I only put in a high odd draw, so that's not a big deal.

canadianeh479
05-24-2013, 09:17 PM
I thought about offering to do that, but I don't want them to come back to me when they don't get their draws saying I never dropped them off so I get better odds or something. Better not to associate with crazy people.

Drillbit
05-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Is it LEH time?

I better mail my cards in......

604redneck
05-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Sure , and the envelope is addressed to the LEH office , the whole lot gets tossed !
Its a scam , and now that the nils are not mailed back , no one knows if they are in the draw except the winners . LEH and CPS are in cahoots.
And the odds ? well , they are toyed with so that hunters actually think they have a chance. Its all a sham
The only applications guaranteed to get in are the one with a return addy for Wilderness Committee or Raincoast
that's funny I have been drawn atleast 1 species a year for the last 8 years.....must be that the envelope I send it in is invisible to the antis......tooo many goofs on this site need to get lives. deal with it that some people have shitty luck!

Lozzie
05-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Carrier pigeon.

604redneck
05-24-2013, 11:08 PM
wow, this is maybe one of the best threads of the year...simply amazing.

To all you consipiracy theorists, if you really are so skeptical, express post it so you have a tracking number. Its only an extra $20 to do that. Get all your fellow conspiracy buddies together, put all your cards there and then do it. I find it comical that you can be so skeptical and think that canada post workers are out to get you, yet you are willing to simply toss your card in the mail without an envelope on it. What if someone spilled their coffee on it, or a grease stain and it then becomes unreadable....simply amazing how some people think everyone is getting screwed yet you still buy your cards every year.
An even funnier thing is when they get there draws they come on saying that there are no animals and they saw nothing all year.

604redneck
05-24-2013, 11:12 PM
Ok,I drew my conclusion basing on more information that hasn't been disclosed here. I'm just telling people here that your mails aren't as secure as you think. There is no low limit for low-lives. Simple as that... I can tell you that a few employees of Canada Post have been busted for mail/parcel theft. There're all kinds of animals working there. I only put in a high odd draw, so that's not a big deal.
There are also crooked cops..........and fraudulent judges along with lying politicians, lol

GoatGuy
05-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Send it on purolator!!!! It will get there

sceddy
05-25-2013, 01:14 AM
i have put in every year for 25 years< have got a doe and two moose draws in that time, my buddy got got an iland elk draw last year, we were succesful. I hand deliver ever year

hunter1947
05-25-2013, 04:33 AM
I have never had a problem ever with my LEH tags not getting to the wildlife branch..

steel_ram
05-25-2013, 11:53 AM
I dropped mine off in the bin at the lobby of the Min. or Environment. No one around, except for a snoozing commissionaire and some bearded, long hair guy, in fatigues hiding behind the shrubbery. The shrubbery . . . that sound woody.

05-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Sent ours in on the 22nd by express post. It cost $10.00 for delivery on the 23rd. Pretty simple...

Wait till the 23rd and the cost goes up to 30 bucks to make sure its in Victoria by 10:00 am the 24th! :)

ruger#1
05-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Ok,I drew my conclusion basing on more information that hasn't been disclosed here. I'm just telling people here that your mails aren't as secure as you think. There is no low limit for low-lives. Simple as that... I can tell you that a few employees of Canada Post have been busted for mail/parcel theft. There're all kinds of animals working there. I only put in a high odd draw, so that's not a big deal. I have a mail lady that seems to put my mail in someone elses mail box. My neighbour brings my mail to the house. I also get other neighbours mail. Probably the same thing.

yamadirt 426
05-25-2013, 10:26 PM
The guys in the lower mainland can take the leh to stillwater in ladner up to the 23rd. He makes sure it gets to victoria on time.

Bobfl
05-26-2013, 10:47 AM
GOOD ONE FRANCO, nothing else to say

North Star
05-26-2013, 08:14 PM
The most likely scenario is that the mail box was broken in to and useless mail to a thief discarded.

xcaribooer
05-27-2013, 12:22 PM
dont we learn this same lesson every dang year people ?? COURIER your draws to Victoria if you want to be sure they arrive. don't just put a stamp on it and hope for the best. you are very naïve(sp?) if you think there are not posties who "collect" leh cards thinking they are saving animals. There is corruption in EVERY workplace.

rollingrock
05-27-2013, 01:06 PM
The sh!tty part is I don't do LEH very often. This was the second time I've ever put in! :mrgreen:

Gun Dog
05-27-2013, 05:13 PM
I filled out all the cards for the gang this year and ended up with 5 envelopes in 5 different mail boxes as I was out and about shopping. We'll see how that works this year.

westview
05-29-2013, 12:19 PM
to work at Canada post, you must be part of the Justin Trudeau fan club, and listen to the CBC

westview
05-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Can we phone them to confirm they got there?

westview
05-29-2013, 12:24 PM
The fact that your leh was ripped, makes me wonder.

steel_ram
05-29-2013, 12:40 PM
We should all phone in and see if they got them, and then phone in on consecutive days to see if we got drawn yet.

elitehuntergreg
05-29-2013, 12:48 PM
I have family in Portmc Neil, after not getting any draws they later found out from a family friend who works in the post office tell them that one of the employees purposely throws out all the application cards that come in. moral of the story is to put your draws in an envelope, dont just throw them in the mail. yes there is antis out there we all know that

BRrooster
05-29-2013, 01:10 PM
Had some problems once myself, and wrote a letter to the editor of the local newspaper. And they printed it in the paper. The wife said that we had problems with our mail delivery for a long time after that!!!! Sent in two LEH,s , one was delivered back to my home address, I remailed it and got my notice back that I was not successful for that particuar draw. The other one did not make it to Victoria on time......figure that one out.
Oh and where does the phrase "going Postal" come into the picture? And why is it that "mans best friend" dont like postal workers ? hah! Okay so they're just people , just like everybody else. Maybe there should be a screening test just like we had to go thru to get our PAL. Okay I should stop now before I say something that means Im too stupid to talk to!