PDA

View Full Version : Rifles at Cnd Tire in Vancouver

itsy bitsy xj
05-22-2013, 10:29 PM
So I was in Canadian Tire in East Van on Grandview hwy yesterday and I got talking to the guys working there and they told me how a bunch of the just took the pal course so the store could get a licence to sell fire arms. They told me it is supposed to all be in place by the begining of Aug/13.

They then let me look at what they will be selling and the peice list of the rifles. I didn't see any screeming deals to be had but they will price match if your favorite store is out of stock on that gun you just can't wait to get your hands on.

Whonnock Boy
05-22-2013, 10:34 PM
They were talking about this on CGN. One poster mentioned that they are selling Hodgdon 4350, and Varget. You can have the powder brought in if you want being that it is in the catalog. I think the Maple Ridge store is going to be making changes soon. The ammunition section was a little messy, and I asked the guy what was up. He said "we are making some changes" when I mentioned other CT stores are selling firearms.

Wullfen
05-22-2013, 10:37 PM
My first rifle was a Marlin 30-30 I bought in a Canadian tire in Kamloops 25 years ago! Good news!

Weatherby Fan
05-22-2013, 10:43 PM
My Nephew has moved to Alberta for work and he sent pictures of racks of guns in the CT store there.....I was like wow wish we had that !

adriaticum
05-22-2013, 10:49 PM
With the expertise CT employees have at selling light bulbs, I'm not looking forward to it.

cloverphil
05-22-2013, 11:13 PM
With the expertise CT employees have at selling light bulbs, I'm not looking forward to it.

hilarious

it'll be a great idea to have a canadian named store selling guns and ammo again, a step in the right direction

Whonnock Boy
05-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Someone as knowledgeable as yourself doesn't need expert employees when purchasing firearms equipment. :wink:

olympia
05-22-2013, 11:32 PM
im glad to hear that, i wish more stores would stock rifles and make it more mainstream and not so BAD AND DANGEROUS, when I head into the bush with my firearms in towns like Squamish you can instantly tell who the starbucks customers are and who the locals are just by the reaction you get when they see your big bad gangsta ass weapons, I remember this one time a buddy and I came out of the trail by the sub station in the ashlu valley and we both had our meat harvesters with us and they instantly jumped into their former ambulance/converted rv and drove off, while a local who drove by just waved and acted like ....well just a couple of dudes hangin out

adriaticum
05-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Someone as knowledgeable as yourself doesn't need expert employees when purchasing firearms equipment. :wink:

I'm not that knowledgeable, that's why I need help with questions.
CT service stinks, but I should say not all stores are the same.
Every time I walk into "my local Canadian Tire" I leave pissed off.
I'll stick to my local gun shop for guns, thank you very much.

cdnshooter13
05-23-2013, 12:42 AM
I'll stick to my local gun shop for guns, thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

You cant go to canadian tire ever without getting pissed off?? Maybe you shouldnt own guns then;)

Steelwheels
05-23-2013, 04:25 AM
You cant go to canadian tire ever without getting pissed off?? Maybe you shouldnt own guns then;)[/QUOTE]

What's there to get Pissed Off about....They do give out Rain Checks..:mrgreen:

cdnshooter13
05-23-2013, 04:41 AM
You cant go to canadian tire ever without getting pissed off?? Maybe you shouldnt own guns then;)

What's there to get Pissed Off about....They do give out Rain Checks..:mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

Thats the point i was trying to make to adriaticum but the damn reply with quote functions always screwin up on me!!

Steelwheels
05-23-2013, 04:59 AM
What's there to get Pissed Off about....They do give out Rain Checks..:mrgreen:

Thats the point i was trying to make to adriaticum but the damn reply with quote functions always screwin up on me!![/QUOTE]

Shhh... That could be a good thing!!

Gateholio
05-23-2013, 06:03 AM
Guns at CT is a good thing. Keeps guns in the public eye, takes some of the mystique out of them.

Brez
05-23-2013, 06:11 AM
Getting back to the thread..............the store in Trail is getting a pretty good stock of firearms as well. A welcome sight - kinda like the old days at Mcleods.

sawmill
05-23-2013, 07:01 AM
I gotta check out the CT in Cranny.I do get the lightbulb thing though.They wanted to see my PAL to buy a can of .22 pellets for my pellet rifle.17 year old kids.:confused:

Ride Red
05-23-2013, 07:16 AM
I gotta check out the CT in Cranny.I do get the lightbulb thing though.They wanted to see my PAL to buy a can of .22 pellets for my pellet rifle.17 year old kids.:confused:

And they should, as a lot of pellet rifles now are over 500 fps which require a PAL.

Liptugger
05-23-2013, 07:19 AM
X 2 could be interesting

Philcott
05-23-2013, 07:29 AM
I guess I'll make the rounds here in Victoria and see if there are any plans to start carrying them again. I would be surprised if there are.

Stone Sheep Steve
05-23-2013, 09:29 AM
CT is a sponser of a few hunting shows on Wild TV. Good to see them diversifying.

SSS

Josethesiningfish
05-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Finally some common sense got into the the CT CEOs heads!! looking forward to this.

adriaticum
05-23-2013, 10:52 AM
It's not going to be every CT store.
But let's go with what Gatehouse said, it will be good to have guns in the public eye.
Recently every time I mention shooting people tell me I'm on the wrong side of the border.
Go figure.

Vader
05-23-2013, 11:05 AM
I've shopped at the Canadian Tire on Macleod Trail in Calgary for years and wondered why the rest of the country's CT's didn't have guns in them.

IronNoggin
05-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Finally some common sense got into the the CT CEOs heads!!

I've shopped at the Canadian Tire on Macleod Trail in Calgary for years and wondered why the rest of the country's CT's didn't have guns in them.

The "CEO's" actually have nothing to do with this decision. The way that CT is set up, each store has an individual "Owner" and it is extremely rare for any one to go without that for even a small amount of time. The Franchise offers up basic stock, and will allow individual stores to expand upon that based upon the personal decisions of the Owner, and of course regional variations in stocking requirements. Each individual store has always had the option of stocking firearms. What you are seeing now is simply a few more owners getting online with the idea of doing just that.

Hope more follow suit soon.

If you want to make a difference in your local store - speak Directly to the Owner. It is his, and his decision alone. Without input suggesting they do so, many simply will not realize there is any demand...

Cheers,
Nog

Iron Glove
05-23-2013, 01:54 PM
That's great, I can walk to the Grandview store in about 10 minutes, pick up a latte at Starbucks and walk home with a rifle over my shoulder.
It's East Van, shouldn't cause any problems, right :confused:
Wonder if they'll have any Mastercraft Brand firearms and ammo - the 60% off sales will be great. ;)

Sasquatch
05-23-2013, 02:31 PM
I picked up some 12 gauge shells at my local CT last fall. Had to go through 3 different employees to find someone who was "allowed" to sell me the shells. The young man didn't really have a clue, but he didn't pretend to either. It still saved me having to drive somewhere farther for a couple boxes of ammo.

Singleshotneeded
05-23-2013, 02:50 PM

No worries, we're happy to help! You find the knob thingy sticking out the side of the rifle, lift it up, then pull it back.
Then you take some of the shiny brass thingies that look like little missiles and you put them in the hole that appears,
after you pull back that knobby thingy. Make sure the shiny missiley thingies' pointy part is pointing forward towards
the front of the big bad rifle, away from the flat bit that you put up to your shoulder before you shoot. Important!
Push down on the missiley thingies and you should hear a click, then put more missiley thingies on top of the first one,
you should be able to get three in there anyway...
Now grab the knobby thing you pulled back to reveal the place where you put the missiley thingies, and push it forward.
When it's gone as far ahead as it can go, push it down. Make sure you keep your finger off the trigger, and move the
safety thingamajig until you see an "S"...that makes it safer. When you're ready to shoot something, you put the safety
thingamajig to "F", which is the first letter of the word most guys use when they see you holding a loaded rifle.
Make sure you don't shoot anything except paper targets or yummy stuff to eat that that BC regs book says you can shoot.
There you go, now you're knowledgeable like the guys on CGN and Canadian Tire...you're welcome buddy! :-D
PS. It's considered by most dudes at CGN and Cdn Tire to be more fashionable if you match the number on the bottom of
the missiley thingies to the number on the outside of the barrel, which is the thingy that ends in a hole at the front. For
example, if it says .303 British on the barrel, then put the gun down if you're not anglo-saxon. If you are anglo-saxon, then
use .303 British missiley thingies and NOT .303 Savage missiley thingies, because if you put .303 Savage thingies in your .303
British rifle you'll be considered totally un-trendy and not "with-it"...some dudes might even think you're a U.S. senator! :-D

andrewscag
05-25-2013, 04:17 PM
I'd wager that bringing rifles back to CT stores has more to do with getting rid of the long gun registry than anything. Timing seems about right for major retail decisions.

REMINGTON JIM
05-25-2013, 04:35 PM

LMAO ! Is`nt that the truth ! :( Most CT and WM employees are not smart enought to find there way to the right aisle let alone be Smart enough to help you out getting the right product ! :-? RJ

stugatz
05-25-2013, 04:56 PM
wonder IF Wal-mart will follow.......then Princess auto Ha!

olympia
05-25-2013, 05:45 PM

ya never know...maybe they will have ryobi 30-30's or black and decker 45-70's

keoke
05-25-2013, 05:54 PM

Princess auto rifle would scare the hell out of me

heyblast
05-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Walked into a CT in Sudbury ten years ago to get some things we needed for work and my work partner and I walked over to sports section.I'm sure our jaws hit the ground, 40 foot gun rack full of new and used firearms, game calls cloths everything, all the fishing gear that you could ever want. Yes it's upto the owner and hope to see that here.

geoskier
05-25-2013, 06:19 PM

Last summer I walked into a crappy tire and asked the first guy I saw where jerry cans were. He had no idea what a jerry can was. So I asked the second guy, he didn't either. I asked a third guy and after explaining to him what it was, he showed me to it.

They certainly do need to get their shit together if they are going to sell guns!

nano
05-25-2013, 07:19 PM
What I can't understand is that their are people that are upset a wholesale sports and their service,yet think Canadian tire is going to be great. They are the same work force and I see nothing changing.

finngun
05-25-2013, 07:52 PM
no cheap 22 bullets wholesale sport....35-45$ a box 500....Canadian tire 26$ federal 525box... guess where im buying mine:confused:

bassplayer
I remember back in the 80's when Can Tire and Walmart both sold hunting rifles.

redneckjoe
What I can't understand is that their are people that are upset a wholesale sports and their service,yet think Canadian tire is going to be great. They are the same work force and I see nothing changing.

"Canadian Tire is Ukrainian redneck Disneyland" as we say in Alberta.

I don't think people are going to Canadian Tire just for the services or for hunting specialty; more like it's a redneck version of Wal-Mart.

Gateholio
05-25-2013, 08:15 PM

More places that sell guns, the better. CT gun counter service will be the same as any CT service, unless they get some keeners working there. The gun service will compare to independent gun shop service the same as going to the CT auto section compared to smaller specialty auto shops.

ruger#1
05-25-2013, 08:25 PM
I remember back in the 80's when Can Tire and Walmart both sold hunting rifles. You forgot about the Army & Navy stores. Now yuppy stores with pink sandels.

albravo2
05-25-2013, 09:02 PM
I spoke to the manager at CT Squamish a couple days ago. She said they are significantly expanding their hunting section but I didn't have the presence of mind to ask if they would be carrying rifles.

Gateholio
05-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Be a great opportunity for them. I don't think anti e is selling guns in Squamish right now

nano
05-25-2013, 09:12 PM
More places that sell guns, the better. CT gun counter service will be the same as any CT service, unless they get some keeners working there. The gun service will compare to independent gun shop service the same as going to the CT auto section compared to smaller specialty auto shops.

First off I am not saying we should hide our guns. I do not believe CT should be selling guns because they will have a kid that has no idea what he is doing because his time is cheap to them. Their auto section is a joke as it is , I have a CT flagship store by my house and the times I need shells for trap on Sundays I will head over there. Not once have I been asked for my pal from the 17. Year old in charge of the sporting goods.

Surrey Boy
05-25-2013, 09:22 PM
Now they just need a liquor section, and I'm set!

Auto parts, fuel, guns & ammo, fishing. They've got everything I need.

ruger#1
05-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Now they just need a liquor section, and I'm set!

Auto parts, fuel, guns & ammo, fishing. They've got everything I need.
Are you sure you missed condems, Just in case you have a party.

ruger#1
05-25-2013, 10:01 PM
LMAO ! Is`nt that the truth ! :( Most CT and WM employees are not smart enought to find there way to the right aisle let alone be Smart enough to help you out getting the right product ! :-? RJ
I wonder some times. How do they get out of the store. Seeing eye dogs?

Surrey Boy
05-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Are you sure you missed condems, Just in case you have a party.

Surrey boys don't worry about paternity suits. Or names.

Gateholio
05-26-2013, 03:57 AM
First off I am not saying we should hide our guns. I do not believe CT should be selling guns because they will have a kid that has no idea what he is doing because his time is cheap to them. Their auto section is a joke as it is , I have a CT flagship store by my house and the times I need shells for trap on Sundays I will head over there. Not once have I been asked for my pal from the 17. Year old in charge of the sporting goods.

I don't get it? You don't want them to sell guns but you buy shells from them?

redneckjoe
05-26-2013, 04:01 AM
First off I am not saying we should hide our guns. I do not believe CT should be selling guns because they will have a kid that has no idea what he is doing because his time is cheap to them

Doesn't they employee need to have a firearm permit before they can handle or sell rifles to customers? Reckless handling in public can result in being charged and then prosecuted.

Gateholio
05-26-2013, 04:24 AM
Doesn't they employee need to have a firearm permit before they can handle or sell rifles to customers? Reckless handling in public can result in being charged and then prosecuted.

Yeah, they need a PAL. Doesn't prevent some atrocious gun handling I've seen in stores though. :)

Weatherby Fan
05-26-2013, 05:36 AM
I don't get all this negativity about CT before they even stock the said items on their shelves, no one is forcing you to shop there !

Is it not better for the Consumer and the Outdoor Community as a whole to have as many retailers selling guns and outdoor gear as possible :confused: I sure would like another option in Maple Ridge to go and look at some guns rather than paying $7 + gas to drive back and forth across the bridge to Langley

Now if we could just get Costco to sell guns&ammo we could buy in bulk :mrgreen:

Everett
05-26-2013, 08:01 AM
Bought my first Rifle from a CT store in Dartmouth Nova Scotia that store used to have upwards of 400 firearms on display at all times. The walls were covered in African Trophy's as well. The Canadian tire on Mac Cloud trail in Calgary carries some real high end shotguns.
Personally think its great that CT is back in the business just another sign that gun owners are winning the war.

IronNoggin
05-26-2013, 12:18 PM

Again, that all depends on just which store you wander into...

I don't get all this negativity about CT before they even stock the said items on their shelves, no one is forcing you to shop there !

Some have in-person history, but it does seem the majority simply jump on the wives' tale bandwagon. :roll:

Here in Port, My Missuz runs the CT Sporting Goods section. She has been hunting & handling firearms since well before many of the members of this forum were even a sparkle in their daddy's eyes. And I'd hazard a guess, she can out-shoot likely 90% or more of the posters here on any given day. She is careful just who she selects to handle ammo etc, and those she does have to prove to her they well know what they are doing.

As for whether they will carry firearms in the near future, the jury is still out. That will depend entirely upon the new Owner as he settles into the reigns over the next couple of months...

Good idea not to generalize. Sometimes that leads to sadly mistaken preconceptions. Just Sayin'... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

nano
05-26-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't get it? You don't want them to sell guns but you buy shells from them?
My store of choice is closed on sunday. I needed shells so I gave them a chance, went in and was not happy.

stugatz
05-26-2013, 04:29 PM
Princess auto rifle would scare the hell out of me

How about a "powerfist" pump shotgun...chinese craftsmanship all the way baby!!

finngun
05-26-2013, 06:17 PM
I remember back in the 80's when Can Tire and Walmart both sold hunting rifles.

and Army and Navy sold Very cheap bullets...i'll still have some:mrgreen:

REMINGTON JIM
05-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Did say in my quote NOG MOST CT stores ! :) I hear what your sayin too ! :wink: RJ

Kamikazi
05-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Got word yesterday that Canadian Tire Abbotsford is going this way too.

keoke
05-28-2013, 07:21 PM
How about a "powerfist" pump shotgun...chinese craftsmanship all the way baby!!

I had a power fist 6" vise shear in half, so no to how about a power fist pump gun lol.

itsy bitsy xj
05-28-2013, 10:37 PM
no cheap 22 bullets wholesale sport....35-45$ a box 500....Canadian tire 26$ federal 525box... guess where im buying mine:confused:

just bought two boxes there for $20.99 each. I got them to price match another store and got $4.20 in cnd tire $$ to put towards the next 1000 rounds I buy there

itsy bitsy xj
05-28-2013, 10:42 PM

Thats what I said in the first post, they are waiting until the staff gets their PALs then the store can aply to sell guns

Rock Doctor
05-28-2013, 10:58 PM

Ive never, ever, had to show my PAL to buy ammunition up here.

RD

adriaticum
05-28-2013, 11:19 PM
No worries, we're happy to help! You find the knob thingy sticking out the side of the rifle, lift it up, then pull it back.
Then you take some of the shiny brass thingies that look like little missiles and you put them in the hole that appears,
after you pull back that knobby thingy. Make sure the shiny missiley thingies' pointy part is pointing forward towards
the front of the big bad rifle, away from the flat bit that you put up to your shoulder before you shoot. Important!
Push down on the missiley thingies and you should hear a click, then put more missiley thingies on top of the first one,
Now grab the knobby thing you pulled back to reveal the place where you put the missiley thingies, and push it forward.
When it's gone as far ahead as it can go, push it down. Make sure you keep your finger off the trigger, and move the
safety thingamajig until you see an "S"...that makes it safer. When you're ready to shoot something, you put the safety
thingamajig to "F", which is the first letter of the word most guys use when they see you holding a loaded rifle.
Make sure you don't shoot anything except paper targets or yummy stuff to eat that that BC regs book says you can shoot.
There you go, now you're knowledgeable like the guys on CGN and Canadian Tire...you're welcome buddy! :-D
PS. It's considered by most dudes at CGN and Cdn Tire to be more fashionable if you match the number on the bottom of
the missiley thingies to the number on the outside of the barrel, which is the thingy that ends in a hole at the front. For
example, if it says .303 British on the barrel, then put the gun down if you're not anglo-saxon. If you are anglo-saxon, then
use .303 British missiley thingies and NOT .303 Savage missiley thingies, because if you put .303 Savage thingies in your .303
British rifle you'll be considered totally un-trendy and not "with-it"...some dudes might even think you're a U.S. senator! :-D

Lol, read the whole thing.
Funny.

The .303, .308 or 30-06 shiny thingy that goes in the hole in the middle of the rifle, can I round that off to two decimals?

Muliechaser
05-29-2013, 05:47 AM
And they should, as a lot of pellet rifles now are over 500 fps which require a PAL.

There is no legal requirment to produce a pal to get pellet gun ammo as it doesnt go boom. Thats like saying we need to show our pal for a kitchen knife. Either way . No were in the rules does it say ypu need to produce a pal to get pellet gun ammunition only must be 18. Years if age to purchase.
I hate CT everybody seems to have a problem of somesort. Dont care to elaborate . Also its good arms will be gettig more exposure but some ppl just needto get over it and stop acting like guns are big scarey machines or something.

Muliechaser
05-29-2013, 05:54 AM
Sounds alot like rcmp charging people with improper transport of arms when really they wernt doing anything illegal and all was ok. But becuase the cop thinks he knows now loik at the time and money wasted. CT always hires morons and they probabyl will continue to do so

hunter1947
05-29-2013, 06:10 AM
When CT hires a personal person for the rifle section they should state they need a person for this position that was ones a core instruckter then would have no prob down the road..

Ambush
05-29-2013, 06:36 AM
CT always hires morons and they probabyl will continue to do so

The store in PG has [or had] a policy to hire 10% "challenged" people for staff. I have to respect them for that and I can easily put up with some inefficiencies.

I find that most staff don't have a lot of product knowledge but most know where to find it.

And, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT FOR MINIMUM WAGE!!??

Gateholio
05-29-2013, 07:31 AM
CT is what it is. I know that before I walk in the door and everyone should. No point in going there for anything other than the most basic advice on guns, fishing gear, tools, microwave ovens, auto parts or garden furniture. They are not a specialty shop, and it's only luck if you get someone who knows thier stuff.

I also give them kudos for hiring challenged people. I've run into a few of them at CT stores and always thought it was great they were in the workforce instead of being hidden away like what used to happen.

Fella
05-29-2013, 07:50 AM
Gatehouse nailed it on the head. Save your big expectations for the local outdoors store and have bottom of the barrel expectations for CT and you won't leave disappointed.

adriaticum
05-29-2013, 08:23 AM
There is no legal requirment to produce a pal to get pellet gun ammo as it doesnt go boom. Thats like saying we need to show our pal for a kitchen knife. Either way . No were in the rules does it say ypu need to produce a pal to get pellet gun ammunition only must be 18. Years if age to purchase.
I hate CT everybody seems to have a problem of somesort. Dont care to elaborate . Also its good arms will be gettig more exposure but some ppl just needto get over it and stop acting like guns are big scarey machines or something.

You have to have PAL to buy any air rifles that shoot over 500 fps.
You don't need PAL for pellets.

bassplayer
05-29-2013, 09:09 AM
I also give them kudos for hiring challenged people. I've run into a few of them at CT stores and always thought it was great they were in the workforce instead of being hidden away like what used to happen.

We hire disabled people at the foundry. They started by sweeping floors and then we moved them into grinding positions. Some of them proved themselves so much that we put them on the payroll full time and they are making a regular wage like the rest of us. I'm an inspector at the foundry and i send castings back to be reground if they weren't done right the first time and i must say, the guys with the disabilities seem to put out better work than most of our regular guys.

Singleshotneeded
05-29-2013, 09:38 AM
The "CEO's" actually have nothing to do with this decision. The way that CT is set up, each store has an individual "Owner" and it is extremely rare for any one to go without that for even a small amount of time. The Franchise offers up basic stock, and will allow individual stores to expand upon that based upon the personal decisions of the Owner, and of course regional variations in stocking requirements. Each individual store has always had the option of stocking firearms. What you are seeing now is simply a few more owners getting online with the idea of doing just that.

Hope more follow suit soon.

If you want to make a difference in your local store - speak Directly to the Owner. It is his, and his decision alone. Without input suggesting they do so, many simply will not realize there is any demand...

Cheers,
Nog

SOME Canadian Tire locations are privately owned franchises, and some are corporate stores. West Kelowna/Westbank Canadian Tire is a franchise, but the Kelowna store is a corporate store...as an example, here in Greater Kelowna. I'm all for Cdn Tire having guns, it raises their profile amongst the general public...they're not evil things, lol...

redneckjoe
05-29-2013, 09:39 AM
]the guys with the disabilities seem to put out better work than most of our regular guys.

Because most of them live in perpetual fear that they will be replaced or being unable to find a new job. Why should the normal people work hard if they know they can find another job easily?

adriaticum
05-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Because most of them live in perpetual fear that they will be replaced or being unable to find a new job. Why should the normal people work hard if they know they can find another job easily?

People who don't put in an honest effort in a day's work and claim they would work hard if they had a job they liked, never find jobs they like and never put in a honest effort.
They usually pray to get into some kind of union government job.

Muliechaser
05-29-2013, 10:16 AM
You have to have PAL to buy any air rifles that shoot over 500 fps.
You don't need PAL for pellets.

Yes i know that. But for pellets? I can see if what they sell goes over 500 fps it may be mandatory to have pal to buy pellets. But they dont as far as ive seen. Here in the south ok anyways .i can see this being a big greyarea...

Mc

Gateholio
05-29-2013, 10:16 AM
We hire disabled people at the foundry. They started by sweeping floors and then we moved them into grinding positions. Some of them proved themselves so much that we put them on the payroll full time and they are making a regular wage like the rest of us. I'm an inspector at the foundry and i send castings back to be reground if they weren't done right the first time and i must say, the guys with the disabilities seem to put out better work than most of our regular guys.

Great to hear. Good management will place people in jobs that they can excell at, and the employee ends up doing good work and feels job satisfaction. Sometimes it takes some effort to find what they are good at but if they have a good attitude they can find thier niche.

bcshadow
05-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Thank you for your tongue in cheek comments and making me smile! many a true word is spoken in jest. Can't wait to see how Crappy Tire performs.

5 spike
05-30-2013, 05:03 AM
Guns at CT is a good thing. Keeps guns in the public eye, takes some of the mystique out of them.

This is so true.

JIL_24/7
08-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Anyone know if the gun show is up and running at the Vancouver Canadian Tire yet?

Iron Glove
08-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Anyone know if the gun show is up and running at the Vancouver Canadian Tire yet?

Was there last week and nothing to show yet.
Awaiting the 50% off sale on Mastercraft Ammo tho'. :wink:

itsy bitsy xj
08-20-2013, 02:53 PM

I asked the young guy working there and he said they (the employees) are still waiting for tier PAL's to arrive before te store can apply for a licence to sell guns

r106
08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
I was told the Abbotsford store is getting them as well not sure when though

ruger#1
08-20-2013, 03:25 PM
Would be nice if Mission would also.

Kudu
08-20-2013, 04:25 PM

Then why even go there to buy firearms - stick to your overpriced mom and pop store!

lockmancpl
08-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Stopped in at the Grandview CT store on the way home today. Still putting it all together. Going to be very impressive. No real firearms as of yet, due to to delay with CFO office. Maybe late September. Fishing and other sporting goods already in place.

BuckNaked
08-20-2013, 06:54 PM

I emailed the manager of Chilliwack today, its a no go there for now, but like you mentioned they are setting up a Hunting Pro Shop(his words) at Abbotsford hat will be ready in the fall. His branch is going to watch it closely and they will decide if they will follow suit or not.

r106
08-20-2013, 06:56 PM
I always knew deep down there was a reason to hoard my CT money

ROY-alty33
08-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Heres the link to CT "Pro Shop"

w w w .canadiantire.ca/AST/ResearchCentre/hunting_fishing_proshop.jsp?locale=en (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/ResearchCentre/hunting_fishing_proshop.jsp?locale=en)

warnniklz
08-20-2013, 07:05 PM
...Awaiting the 50% off sale on Mastercraft Ammo tho'. :wink:

Now that's funny jack. Wonder if it'll have a lifetime warranty. "This shot off 25_06 ammo didn't punch holes in the paper from my 30_06... I'd like to return the brass"

Can tire employee "no problem sir/ma'am"

Drillbit
08-20-2013, 08:40 PM
As somebody already posted, the Trail CT has a decent selection of guns, I was impressed!

Bought ammo at the Quesnel one last month and was talking to the ammo girl. She said they got a new owner and have to get rid of their BearBangers because something is changing, so I'm doubting they're gonna get guns.

Singleshotneeded
08-20-2013, 08:45 PM

Just don't buy a Remlin and you'll be fine...

adriaticum
08-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Then why even go there to buy firearms - stick to your overpriced mom and pop store!

Actually my overpriced mom and pop shop has the best prices on ammo and will match any rifle price I can find.
So yes, I will stick to them.
That's not to say other mom and pop shops are the same.

adriaticum
08-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Just don't buy a Remlin and you'll be fine...

Yeah, I've read lots of negative stuff about the new Marlins.

SAVAGEONE
08-20-2013, 09:46 PM
hilarious

it'll be a great idea to have a canadian named store selling guns and ammo again, a step in the right direction

But remember we're not talking lightbulbs, they'll be selling guns.:-D

:grin:

:mrgreen:

scott87
08-20-2013, 11:37 PM
i think its a good idea. it never hurts to have more options. doubt they will beat the prices of my go to shop, but you never know might just have one of there giant boxing day sales.

fyffer
08-21-2013, 05:53 AM
I will not spend my money there. They sell cheap low end products and will not stand behind there products. I will put my money into my locally owned home hardware and local gun shop.

Iron Glove
08-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Stopped in at the Grandview CT store on the way home today. Still putting it all together. Going to be very impressive. No real firearms as of yet, due to to delay with CFO office. Maybe late September. Fishing and other sporting goods already in place.

Yes but they've been putting it all together for over half a year now - I wish they'd hurry up 'cause we are moving away in 2 months. :)
The fishing & other sporting goods, including a decent amount of hunting stuff, has been there since the store opened years ago.
One advantage of CT is that they are open late and on Sundays. Try that with the local mom and pop hunting store when you really need something.

ducktoller
08-21-2013, 10:34 PM
Yes but they've been putting it all together for over half a year now - I wish they'd hurry up 'cause we are moving away in 2 months. :)
The fishing & other sporting goods, including a decent amount of hunting stuff, has been there since the store opened years ago.
One advantage of CT is that they are open late and on Sundays. Try that with the local mom and pop hunting store when you really need something.

If I'm gonna go big box I'd jjust do wholesale. They always feed my dog :)

Iron Glove
08-22-2013, 07:18 AM
If I'm gonna go big box I'd jjust do wholesale. They always feed my dog :)

You trust Wholesale to properly feed your Toller. :confused:
I prefer Tysol. :wink:

Darksith
08-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Actually my overpriced mom and pop shop has the best prices on ammo and will match any rifle price I can find.
So yes, I will stick to them.
That's not to say other mom and pop shops are the same.
x2...I'll stick with the local shop that has the employees with the skills, and the prices to match

604redneck
02-27-2014, 04:47 PM
Anything new on this?

warnniklz
02-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Selwct "pro-shops" are carrying artillery

warnniklz
02-27-2014, 08:49 PM
I can't find it at the moment... but there was a spot on the c-tire website that shows which storea are packing heat

Surrey Boy
02-27-2014, 08:58 PM
The on at Grandview and Natal? Rupert? Has guns, but unless you like overpriced Savages and Mossbergs, it's not worth the drive.

Surrey Boy
02-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Selwct "pro-shops" are carrying artillery

I've been to Leduc and seen it myself.

warnniklz
02-27-2014, 09:10 PM
I've been to Leduc and seen it myself.

Not all pro shops are carrying firearms. Smither's is considered a pro shop but isn't packing firearms. They will eventually... but not yet

crazybushcreature
02-27-2014, 09:33 PM
The can tire in chilliwack will have firearms by the fall I was told by a guy who works there. They are changing its section to a hunting/fishing pro shop. They have the glass cases in there now for the rifles to display in.

biggyun68
02-28-2014, 12:11 PM
I live between Reliable and Italian: Crappy Tire doesn't factor
I look at the hunting section when I am there for other stuff: Everything seems expensive...

russm
02-28-2014, 01:05 PM
Abbotsford store has guns and a decent hunting section, things seem to be priced pretty close to anyone else.

warnniklz
02-28-2014, 01:17 PM
I've tried some of c-tire's mossy oak stuff. The slings are slings, they hold your tool on your shoulder. Nothing to write home about.

The foam ass pads are deadly. Especially when you need to kneel down on your kitchen or laundry room floor to finish capong a critter.

Tried the deer drap they have. What a POS. The d-loop straightened out and the nylon rope broke.

I was really impressed with their canvass game bags. I did end up destroying them... but I was pulling some good weight in them through a creek bed and through sticks.

russm
02-28-2014, 02:03 PM
I like the bright orange "heat seat" they sell, it works good on cold aluminum boat seats.

jeff341
02-28-2014, 04:02 PM
Both Chilliwack and Abby seem low on amo......but the Abbotsford store is not bad for overall selection....about 40 rifles in stock now

russm
02-28-2014, 04:17 PM
They're all low on ammo, I went to 3-4 of them a couple weeks ago looking for 22 ammo.