PDA

View Full Version : Ike or tofino

tubby
05-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Looking to do 2 days guided in either tofino or ukee mid June. Any info would be great. Best guides, past experiences and acommodations would be great

Thx
Kodamoanee

pnbrock
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Go later say aug for bigger fish jmo.

DLP
05-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I've heard Dan the fishmeister is the best. or Matt off this site, ironnoggin. both ukee, both have given me spot on advice, and both get good reviews. how many people? (I have a furnished bachelor suite I rent)

pnbrock
05-22-2013, 01:35 PM
Dlp you have my full attention ,pm me your rates. Cheers

tubby
05-22-2013, 01:44 PM
3 ppl...looking to load up on springs and halibut...not concerned with trophy fish....June 15/16

thx

koadamoneebonee

IronNoggin
05-22-2013, 03:46 PM
3 ppl...looking to load up on springs and halibut...not concerned with trophy fish....June 15/16

thx

Don't know if I'm still open then, but a "Maybe". Shoot me a PM reminder and I can pass along the contact information & check it for you. If I'm already spoken for, I would concur that Kenny Myers aka The FishMeister is amongst the Very Best. Can send his contact info. If he too is booked, I know a couple others that are Deadly as well... We can & will Make It So! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

DLP
05-22-2013, 03:49 PM
oops sorry 'Kenny' made a mistake, not Dan.

pnbrock
05-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Kenny still with pacific rim?

IronNoggin
05-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Kenny still with pacific rim?

Ummm... He never was... :confused:

Cheers,
Nog

plumbcrazy
05-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Try Dave Porter, he runs Salmon and Halibut sport fishing. Nothing but great things to say about him, in fact I'll be fishing with him all this weekend. he's at 250-735-FISH

Gunner
05-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Shawn Hillier,Tofino Osprey Lodge. He's a personal friend, I used to charter my boat through him but as far as I am concerned he is by far the best in Tofino. He can out fish me, but don't tell him I said that. Mrs. Gunner for Gunner

pnbrock
05-22-2013, 05:53 PM
my mistake

MB_Boy
05-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Shawn Hillier,Tofino Osprey Lodge. He's a personal friend, I used to charter my boat through him but as far as I am concerned he is by far the best in Tofino. He can out fish me, but don't tell him I said that. Mrs. Gunner for Gunner

Hahaha.......I do know him as well, have known him for a number of years!! Longest serving guide in Tofino and I was yackin' at him on the radio when fishing over there this past weekend.

Blainer
05-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Shawn Hillier,Tofino Osprey Lodge. He's a personal friend, I used to charter my boat through him but as far as I am concerned he is by far the best in Tofino. He can out fish me, but don't tell him I said that. Mrs. Gunner for Gunnerand I'm just happy to see Gunner respond, or Mrs Gunner for Gunner.
Hope all is good!!

tubby
05-23-2013, 09:56 AM
Does anybody have any experience with salmoneyecharters?

05-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Ken Myers is about one of the best.... I was fRiends with Porter, He was a good guy as well. But based soley on Experiance Ken is hands down one of the bets in Ukee...

tubby
06-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Looking to stay couple nights in ucluelet...not looking for anything fancy, just a place for 3 guys to crash after fishing. Anybody got anyway experience

Peter Pepper
06-04-2013, 10:11 PM
In Ukee they drink beer. Preferably lucky lager. In tofino they drink $15 fruity martinis.
Choose wisely

06-05-2013, 08:03 AM
"The cabins" Google it.
Much past that http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotels-g183794-Ucluelet_Barkley_Sound_Vancouver_Island_British_Co lumbia-Hotels.html

The hotels are pretty much compairable.
West coast motel, Pacific Rim motel...

IronNoggin
06-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Looking to stay couple nights in ucluelet...not looking for anything fancy, just a place for 3 guys to crash after fishing. Anybody got anyway experience

Generally refer folks that are fishing to the West Coast Motel (279 Hemlock St. Ucluelet, BC V0R 3A0 Phone: (250) 726-7732)
They overlook the main boat basin, so is only a couple seconds to the boat. Decent Place and rates are well within reason.

Cheers,
Nog

tubby
06-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Great trip with Matt. Limits on both halibut and springs as well as many many released.sick boat as well
cant wait to book again

IronNoggin
06-20-2013, 02:31 PM
It was Great to meet You & Your Crew Tubby!
BTW, you ain't Nearly as "Tubby" as your handle indicates! Downright Wiry IMHO! :-D

Was a Lot of Fun, and the FishGoddess was Most Cooperative! Like to see those GRINS alright!

Rather unusual to see so many Big Rays when we were hunting Hali's!

A couple pix of those for you:

This first one would have gone ~ 175+ pounds:

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Tracks/Ray_2.jpg

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Tracks/Ray_4.jpg

And the second was well over 200!!

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Tracks/Ray_5.jpg

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Tracks/Ray_7.jpg

Hell of a workout for your Partner as I recall...

Had Fun with you Gentz! Welcome back any time!

Cheers,
Nog

PS: Check your PM's Buddy...

06-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Told ya Ukee is Better!!!!
salmon pictures??? where are they!

love the skate,,, dont they make your heart drop when you see them after you sweated and struggled to get them up!

IronNoggin
06-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Told ya Ukee is Better!!!!

Can be at times Dru! :wink:

salmon pictures??? where are they!

The Ladz had me a little too Busy hopping from side to side trying to keep up with their catch rate to get any on my camera!
Maybe they got a few :confused:

love the skate,,, dont they make your heart drop when you see them after you sweated and struggled to get them up!

True! Both times I had the measuring devise out, thinking HUGE Halibut! First was ~ 45 minutes, second damn near an hour! And Yup, both times the heart did sink a little. Got in on an Excellent Battle that most never get to do, and a handful of pictures to show for those burning arms anyway... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

06-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Im a bit Bias to Ukee!
And skake fishin' could be seen as "Catch and Reliese hali fishin' "

pnbrock
06-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Can't u keep skate ? Are they not immatation scallops ?

IronNoggin
06-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Can't u keep skate ? Are they not immatation scallops ?

Legally you can, but what the hell are you going to do with 200 pounds or so of flopping fish on your back deck? :shock:

And... in the past I have made the "imitation scallops" you refer to. Lots of hassle for what you get out of them, Trust Me!
Simply better to snap a picture and watch them Fly Away IMHO... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

06-20-2013, 03:13 PM
I skinned 1 skate in my life.... 1.... out of whack loads of them..... I can attest to 'Nogs "More hastle then they are worth"

Slime like a slug combine that with the little hook thingers on the big dots they got on the wings........ Its brutal... and i never got to try it, i did it for a Guest.... I was always curious about it, but i will never do that again.