PDA

View Full Version : brown bear spring 2013

BCHunterTV
05-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Great day to enjoy the sun,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKO_r76kfQ

IslandmanDan
05-22-2013, 10:04 AM
AWESOME!!! I need to get me some hounds! When that head came out of the hole, I freaked. Uber intense! Way to go....

adriaticum
05-22-2013, 10:17 AM
Glad only the bear was shot.
Nice bear.

tadpole
05-22-2013, 10:22 AM
Brutal action. Maybe I'm just getting old.:???:

604redneck
05-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Nice bear even better dogs

nolan-sawka
05-22-2013, 11:36 AM
didnt find that brutal at all, thats huntin with hounds. good job boys, nice bear!

G.A.
05-22-2013, 11:54 AM
intence stuff....gonna watch again...lol

rides bike to work
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
looked like the dog was in the cave when the first shot was taken.

cool video

did you see the bear before it went in the hole

hif not how did you judge it was large

BCHunterTV
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Judged it was large when it came outside...no the dog wasnt inside...and we didnt see the bear til after we hiled a mnt over to the dogs....and this is the first cave for me... few ground fights but mainly trees

pnbrock
05-22-2013, 12:17 PM
That bear died of lead poisoning , nice bear none the less.

walker(bandit)
05-22-2013, 01:58 PM
One of my more intense catches

kennyj
05-22-2013, 04:03 PM
Wow! That seemed a little hairy! Nice bear. Do the dogs hurt the hide when they are biting on it?
Very exciting.
kenny

redneckjoe
05-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Nice! Looking forward to running my dog this fall.

BCHunterTV
05-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Wow! That seemed a little hairy! Nice bear. Do the dogs hurt the hide when they are biting on it?
Very exciting.
kenny

no, if there nipping at it theyll pull hair

r106
05-22-2013, 05:21 PM
that was intense. When it popped out of the cave and the shooter didn't shoot I was thinking the bear was going to open up a can of whoop ass

BCHunterTV
05-22-2013, 05:35 PM
that was intense. When it popped out of the cave and the shooter didn't shoot I was thinking the bear was going to open up a can of whoop ass

Haha ya! Happy I started packing the camera...

digger dogger
05-22-2013, 05:46 PM
GREAT vid dan, always something new with the dogs!

RayHill
05-22-2013, 05:49 PM
That was some shaky camera hand. There was more ground and bush then bear on that video ha

BCHunterTV
05-22-2013, 06:56 PM
That was some shaky camera hand. There was more ground and bush then bear on that video ha

Hard to hold back hounds and film... believe me I'm not scared! Lol

1980skywalker
05-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Hounds are definitely not like walking your ordinary dog, couldn't beleive how hard they pull the first time I tried to walk one, especially when they are riled up. That video shows it like it is from a first person perspective, no editing, no bs, no wild tv. Most of the stuff you see on tv is edited bigtime and they only show you what they want you to see. That video is a priveledge for all of us on HBC and what a great bear you guys got to boot, HUGE CONGRATS to all involved! I don't blam the shooter at all especially if it was his first bear, the adrenalin surge is unreal and shit just seems to hit the fan when 'buck fever' takes over!

lorneparker1
05-22-2013, 07:18 PM

Hahaha same! I thought Danny was gonna take the gun from the guy or throw his camera at the bear! lol Im not gonna lie I yelled at the laptop "shoot the facking thing!!"

ElectricDyck
05-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Wow! Intense! With that kind of action you need an hd camera! Nice vid.

sarg
05-22-2013, 07:42 PM
great video, i'm kinda pissed i missed the end of that chase, but i got a good tour of the hill side for 3h after we got turn around on are way in :( i can't wait to see the video of chase # 2 :)

gbear
05-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us! Great action. I can't imagine how it was actually being there

BCHunterTV
05-22-2013, 08:29 PM
This chase is one I'll defiantly remember!

BCHunterTV
05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Thank you! Well put..

Hounds are definitely not like walking your ordinary dog, couldn't beleive how hard they pull the first time I tried to walk one, especially when they are riled up. That video shows it like it is from a first person perspective, no editing, no bs, no wild tv. Most of the stuff you see on tv is edited bigtime and they only show you what they want you to see. That video is a priveledge for all of us on HBC and what a great bear you guys got to boot, HUGE CONGRATS to all involved! I don't blam the shooter at all especially if it was his first bear, the adrenalin surge is unreal and shit just seems to hit the fan when 'buck fever' takes over!

DBM
05-22-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't know what it is about Bandit, but he cracks me up. He absolutely loses it when he knows there's a bear around. Paul, Is he the same with cats?

Hammerhead
05-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Thanks for posting that. A lot more intense than treeing one i'm thinkin!!
HH

walker(bandit)
05-22-2013, 09:14 PM
That dog is insane on all game he hasn't been on a lot of cats just cause I only run a couple three dogs one lead and two younger he is a crazy coon and bear dog

mungojeerie
05-22-2013, 11:04 PM
How were you sure it wasn't a sow with cubs in there?

eddy p
05-23-2013, 09:50 AM
i was taught to make sure cubs were not present before the shooting starts,i think you guy;s got lucky

BCHunterTV
05-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I knocked on the cave and asked....

sarg
05-23-2013, 11:29 AM
I knocked on the cave and asked....
Lol, now that's funny :twisted:

elktracker1975
05-23-2013, 11:36 AM
X3 mungojeerie and Eddie p, bit of a gong show, looks like the shooter had no idea how to shoot or load that gun as well?

walker(bandit)
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
The chase was 2 miles long over a mountain if that was a sow with cubs it would have been a different race they will run but in a circle pattern as not to get to far from the cubs. The cubs will scamper up a tree to get to safety. In my experience I have been chasing bears 7 years with hounds.

osburn
05-23-2013, 01:06 PM
It's video like this that gives true houndsmen a bad name some things you should just keep to yourselves and off the net guys.

elitehuntergreg
05-23-2013, 01:26 PM
nothing wrong with this! sweet vid , great hunt congrats guys. more ethical than driving down the road and shooting from the window! would of loved to see 1 shot kill but hey, i remember my first bear kill and let me tell you it was my first ride at the rodeo haha to all the wankers complaining lets see your hunting vids, money on it that you complainers are beer drinking cousin kissin road hunters with nothin better to do! great video cant wait to see more!

walker(bandit)
05-23-2013, 01:28 PM
This is a hunting site last I looked and the method used on this bear are legal in bc so if you don't like it don't watch plane and simple. If you don't have something nice to say shut your trap or where you not raised that way

markt308
05-23-2013, 01:53 PM
First of all great video. Second guys, don't forget there are anti-hunting trolls that go on forums like this and their only goal is to stir $hit up and cause division between hunters with negative comments. In this case they are bashing a perfectly legal (and successful) hunt. Just a reminder fellas. Been a while since I've been on here and hope your all doin great. cheers

finngun
05-23-2013, 02:02 PM
great hunt good video,,,i wish i can someday do the same kind of hunt ..:mrgreen: keep up the good work..there is no shortage of the winnies..from the tree,or from the cave .. no diff.. hunt is hunt

BCHunterTV
05-23-2013, 02:15 PM
When we as hunters rock the boat on one another the whole boats gonna sink...

sarg
05-23-2013, 02:20 PM
When we as hunters rock the boat on one another the whole boats gonna sink...
Isn't that's the truth, :(

G.A.
05-23-2013, 02:50 PM
i dont think they 'HAVE TO' either. its a choice..and a legal one. surprised it made it this many pages before thy popped thier head up to attack

walker(bandit)
05-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Lmao that's awesome

ElectricDyck
05-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Keep posting up good vids bchunter, it's good for everyone! I enjoy watching them and it helps people like wade feel like he's better than you!:mrgreen:

Gateholio
05-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Thread cleaned up and re-opened.

If some of you wish to debate the ethics or methods of hound hunting, start another thread, that's perfectly fine as long as it is done in a respectful manner. Don't attack this one.

Wade is going on an HBC vacation for a bit. The rest of you chucking insults should note that, and refrain in the future.

coquitlam
05-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Have you all wondered why the number of vids and pictures that people post have dropped over the years . This is a great example BCHunterTv posted some hunting action and people want to s**t on him.

lovemywinchester
05-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Crazy vid, thanks for posting! I would hate to be the kid reaching in that hole to pull that bear out. I was nervous as hell walking up to my first bear and I put three 170 gr bullets in him from 50 ft.

BCHunterTV
05-23-2013, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSVMIwfll7s

RiverOtter
05-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Glad this thread got re-opened.

I'm a spot and stalk bear hunter, mostly because it is a very effective way to hunt them, but it was interesting to see it done with hounds.

Good job guys, looked pretty intense at times.....

Bear Chaser
05-23-2013, 07:58 PM
Great vid. Thanks for posting.

It's good to show that hunting with hounds is far from a cake walk and is definitely not for the faint hearted.

limit time
05-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Does each dog have a roll? I noticed two are sitting back and the others are at the tree.

BCHunterTV
05-23-2013, 08:18 PM
I tied back them back to rile them up more, make them want the tree that much more...

Thanks for watching guys

limit time
05-23-2013, 08:27 PM
How often do you run them? Could you have one hound to hunt with?

osburn
05-23-2013, 08:47 PM
You would want at least two or three dogs to hunt with more on bear less on cats. It's nice to be able to road them every other day to keep them in shape unless you hunting them lots.

walker(bandit)
05-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Well I run mine every sat and Sunday and you can run one dog but I don't recomended it for bears two dogs does well on cats 5 of the 8 in the last vid are mine and some dogs just like to sit back and tree and others like to stand on the tree more instinct that is and genetics.

sarg
05-23-2013, 09:59 PM
man i like that "shooter" dog. another good video danny :) can wait to get out and get more footage :)

Caribou_lou
05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
I kind of figured this video may raise some hackles! Hunting bear with hounds just doesn't look like my type if enjoyable hunting. But I do understand for some that this is what they love to do. And I will support it because if they do try to stop people from hunting bears with hounds they will most likely try to stop hunting cougars with hounds next. Which I want to do one day!

This video is a bit of a gong show though guys. Did you shoot the bear in the face? On purpose? That kinda grinds my gears. I am a big fan of good clean kill shots. Which this was not. This video does not shed good light on hunting bears with hounds in my opinion. Sure seems like the dogs did their job well. They guy behind the gun may need some practice.

Colinofthewoods
05-23-2013, 10:39 PM
I agree with last post, I don't have a problem hunting with dogs. But really, from the actions in the video , a guy could assume the shooter had never shot the gun before, didn't know how many shots it had, didn't know much about taking a clean shot. I am not sure I would put myself in that situation.

this is the kind of video that gives the anti's lots to bitch about. I love watching hunting videos, but this one is not for me. Best of luck with your hounds. I am guessing you didn't get on video how you determined it was the boar you wanted and not a sow.

limit time
05-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Well I run mine every sat and Sunday and you can run one dog but I don't recomended it for bears two dogs does well on cats 5 of the 8 in the last vid are mine and some dogs just like to sit back and tree and others like to stand on the tree more instinct that is and genetics.
Could a guy start with one dog? And is a " finished" dog the way to go if you don't know how to train one?

ElectricDyck
05-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Caribou lou although I think your user title is hilarious, chuckled out loud, no disrespect but I have to disagree...the video is honest...which a lot of times is lost when tales are told, I once ejected a unspent round in the excitement thinking I hadn't rechambered a round yet, life is not perfect. Even in a slaughter house in controlled circumstances things can be less than perfect. I would "guess" (same as you must be doing) that this bear died just as fast a double lung shot bear that runs off to suffocate.

Caribou_lou
05-24-2013, 07:19 AM
I have watched videos of hounds running bears before. So I am comparing this video to another. Which was an enjoyable watch. Much more composed and allot less panic!

This may be an honest video. But if I wanted to watch bad camera work, alot of yelling and cussing, and someone freeze on stage, I'd watch Jerry springer.

G.A.
05-24-2013, 07:44 AM
me being a new hunter im not sure how id handle an angry bear in a small den and where or how to shoot it..id imagine its facing them straight on not giving a side shot...then id think if i waited for the right opportunity he may charge out at me and id get it..
and to be fair ive seen this members other vids and hunts and this isnt a usualy ending for them. not all hunts are text book.

r106
05-24-2013, 07:51 AM
I have watched videos of hounds running bears before. So I am comparing this video to another. Which was an enjoyable watch. Much more composed and allot less panic!

This may be an honest video. But if I wanted to watch bad camera work, alot of yelling and cussing, and someone freeze on stage, I'd watch Jerry springer.

I would love to see some of your video's running hounds so we can see what a proper video is supposed to look like.

Chasing hounds, moving threw bush and holding back hounds on a hill while trying to video it. I think he did okay.

osburn
05-24-2013, 09:02 AM
Danny your videos may be exciting to watch for some hunters but tend to paint a bad image for houndsmen and bear hunting with dogs.

You seem to have the attitude that that this won't come back to bite you. But with all the pressure that some of the states south of us are facing with hound bans its better to not add fuel to the fire.

One day we could be facing the same pressure due to poor public image. Some videos are just better kept of you tube.

sarg
05-24-2013, 09:27 AM
That's the problem with the world today, every one is shelter from real life stuff. Not ever chase is perfected and not every day life is perfected nether but people seem to think it is ok to hide the imperfects of life witch doesn't help anything it just makes for more closed mind people in this world. Good video Danny and I can't wait to get more footage with u,

BCHunterTV
05-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Are you saying all hound videos or just when there is a bear involved?

05-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Nothing against hunters using dogs etc as it is legal and fair chase ..... but ... the position dude and friends put them selves in and not get badly hurt is surprising.

Too bad Browny hadn't come flying out at dude laying in front of it's den, then you'd see S___ ! fly

Actually rather pathetic to air the video, or rather good for the How Not Too learning aspect. X2 on the lucky no cubs ....... or was there ? As I said good example of How Not Too

CT

BCHunterTV
05-24-2013, 10:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRG8NNqqeqE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

redneckjoe
05-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Could a guy start with one dog? And is a " finished" dog the way to go if you don't know how to train one?

Depend on who you talk to. I know Vladimir Beregovoy of Virginia says a good dog is a dog which can tree a black bear on his own. I also know a few Russian-Canadians and Russian-Americans who recommends two dogs.

I know a few other who runs curs and spitzes who think if a dog should hunt in a pack while chasing black bears, then they are not very good hunting dogs and should be culled and shouldn't be bred. Houndsmen will disagree with their statements though as many of them seen hounds taken out by bears and would recommend three or more.

Everyone in the bear-hound community has a different opinion.

osburn
05-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Danny I see that you have this same video posted on the houndsmen forum how many guys on there told you good job last time I looked it was zero but keep up the good work.

I also see that this is not the first time that hound guys have ask you to be more selective on the footage you show on the net.

BCHunterTV
05-24-2013, 12:56 PM
It wasnt until these videos came fwd I got pms here and on fb from some guys in the koots... ..nothing on that site.

Again, ive done nothing wrong..I'm an adult and can decide for myself thank u...as u can see ive privatized my videos until I get an honest opinion

BCHunterTV
05-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Great edit btw

Re: brown bear spring 2013
Danny I see that you have this same video posted on the houndsmen forum how many guys on there told you good job last time I looked it was zero but keep up the good work.

I also see that this is not the first time that hound guys have ask you to be more selective on the footage you show on the net.
Last edited by osburn; Today at 12:32 PM.

Caribou_lou
05-24-2013, 01:18 PM
I would love to see some of your video's running hounds so we can see what a proper video is supposed to look like.

Chasing hounds, moving threw bush and holding back hounds on a hill while trying to video it. I think he did okay.

I don't hunt bears with hounds. Like I mentioned in a previous post! But if I did and had footage like this. I will honestly tell you that I'm smart enough not to put it on the net! You look at it and say all in all what they were faced with these guys did an ok job. I get that. Any other person out there will cringe at this video at many points. In my opinion this does nothing good for hound hunters.

osburn
05-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Danny here is a quote from you that i got of that site from your video of the bear with the arrow hanging out of it its been awhile but i do rember watching that video.

Here was one of your responses When asked to be more selective on your footage

(I agree on the you tube thing there all gone) of course you went on to say you've done nothing wrong lol:-D

chilcotin hillbilly
05-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Danny, I missed the video, I want to check it out, it sounds like a rodeo.

BCHunterTV
05-24-2013, 06:11 PM
pm sent Doug, :wink:

Rhyno
05-24-2013, 06:16 PM
I had hoped to see it to, was reading the thread on my phone but couldn't watch the vid....as soon as I got home from a week in the field sat down with a beer to watch it but all I got was a Barney video! Can you pm it to me please....Thanks!