PDA

View Full Version : 5-13 b or c

russm
05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Anyone gotten either of these draws before? My dad knows the area but he's outta town and hard to get hold of, thought I'd see if anyone's got some info.

russm
05-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Forgot to mention its for the moose draw

dino
05-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Im in the same boat kinda. I have a buddy that put me in for moose in that area, I want to know if theres muleys in there. I couldnt care less about the moose but they seem to think their in there. lol, I dont even know where 5-13 b even is.

allan
05-21-2013, 01:10 PM
The roads get pounded by hunters . There was lots of logging last year going on where I was. It's no atv access so bring a game cart and a couple of strong friends with even stonger backs if your going that way. It is not the easiest hunt.
Btw I saw zero deer while I was there for a week.

XMD70
05-21-2013, 01:15 PM
13B is immediately south of the Blackwater River close to Pantage Lake mostly east of the Blackwater road.I was there a few days ago. Seeing a little more moose sign in the area each year. Seems to be a healthy population. Lots of mule deer in the area too. Moose are LEH only in region 5, it's been like that for quite a while. No ATV's allowed for hunters in 5-13. I'd guess a lot less pressure on moose in that region.

Piperdown
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
B it is, if you get the draw pm me a friend owns a ranch there with cabins for rent great place even better people, good luck

russm
05-21-2013, 02:47 PM
We put in for B and C was the second choice, just gotta wait now....

Timbow
05-21-2013, 04:55 PM
C for moose and B for deer. Make sure to have a whitetail tag if you get B. B has moose but less than years past, but they are there.

264mag
05-24-2013, 08:48 AM
We drew 5-13 c last year and it was great. Lots of logging and the weather was warm. Moose were active early morning and very high up. We stayed at Fishpot Lake Resort and it was awesome,the folks there run a great operation and offered lots of help and advice on the area. My 17 year old shot his first bull and filled the freezer.
There were several bulls taken the week we were there and we saw Moose every day.
I think if we back the pressure off for a year or two and reduce allocation we will have lots of moose down the road.

BCbuckhunter
05-25-2013, 05:57 PM
I got the draw for 5-13 c last year. lots of moose in that area, if you know were to look for them. There is also lots of moose and deer in 5-13 b again you just have to know where they are. As I work in the logging industry I see a lot of country and learn the habits of the local animals in the area. There is some awesome hunting in the Quesnel area.

hunter1947
05-26-2013, 04:12 AM
If I put in for these areas I would put in for 5-13C more moose in this area..

Taurusguy
06-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Just to add to this... I have hunted 5-13C and B a few times .. and every time there has been fair bit of snow. I have NEVER even seen a deer track! Moose tracks galore though! The last time I was there I got totally setback by the moose antlers as they are dark and more deer like. I ran into several bulls .. but didnt pull the trigger because I was not sure what I was seeing since the area was covered in dark sticks. I did however jump the moose into the direction of another hunting group who happened to shoot the bull. Confirmed this weird antler configuration after i seen it in his camp when we drove by. Totally shocked. Researched it after and when they rub off the velvet on black dead trees ... wouldn't you know it .. THE ANTLERS turn black too and spindly! >.< (in pine kill areas filled with piles of dead black trees). WE totally got skunked .. cuz I couldnt ID the thing even though i was right on top of it. :( Better to be safe than sorry i guess. Any doubt at all .. and I will not shoot. 100% or not at all. O well .. I know for next time.

Seen a 4 day story of a big wolf (biggest wolf track i have ever seen) chasing a lone large moose (moose track pretty much as big as my boot) all over 5:13c (never actually seen it end tho as I was on foot alot and the wolf took over) .. but they ran around all over both mountain sides i was on, crossing cuts .. and tree lines .. all over the place. The Big Moose even fell down a few times crossing the roads over the 4 days i seen the tracks.

Its pretty much a moose zoo all through 5:13