PDA

View Full Version : Jerk stole my outboard!!

Fella
05-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Someone stole my 9.9 mariner which was locked onto the back of my dads boat in my cousins shop. If anyone in the chilliwack area knows someone who suddenly has an older mariner 9.9 that shouldn't have one, let me know!

landphil
05-20-2013, 11:27 AM
If you find the prick, make him row. I bet you could figure out creative ways to get at least 9.9 HP out of him. Good luck!

adriaticum
05-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Good luck with that!
Did you ever see those videos on how to make non-lethal shotgun loads...

russm
05-20-2013, 11:57 AM
^ that may not be the vest idea.

Weatherby Fan
05-20-2013, 12:00 PM
I think they should start chopping a hand for people convicted of theft ! it would curb the appeal of stealing stuff pretty quick !

Fella
05-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Crappy thing is we have a good idea of who might have done it. Cousin is building a turkey barn on his property and we think one of the construction guys may have taken it.

REMINGTON JIM
05-20-2013, 12:07 PM
I think they should start chopping a hand for people convicted of theft ! it would curb the appeal of stealing stuff pretty quick !

X2 or maybe one of the BOYS for the repeat Offender ! :twisted: RJ

lilhoss
05-20-2013, 12:12 PM
My father-inlaw had one stolen from behind his shed too.An old Honda.The best part was that the piston was seized on the 'ole piece of crap!He laughed,"hey,now I don't have to haul it to the dump!" Good luck with that!

Sofa King
05-20-2013, 12:20 PM
how'd they get past the lock?

they were pretty desperate, to go to that extent.
obviously it was someone who was around the place, which makes it even worse.
just shows, you can't trust anyone.

and my brother puts his brand new downriggers and lowrance and rods and reels all in his boat and leaves them there, because he says there's no room anywhere else.
then he leaves the boat at a storage facility.
i just shake my head.
i actually had to bitch at him to get him to put a lock on the trailer hitch.
he was just leaving it unlocked.
i told him that nobody even sees us go there to pick the boat up or drop it off, what's to stop a thief from coming in there and driving away with it.
some people seem to think nothing bad will ever happen.
i always expect the worst, that way i'm relieved when nothing happens and not devastated when something does.
i won't even leave anything in my boat when it's at home.

op, hope you can track down your motor.

pnbrock
05-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Had outboard stolen off my boat saw it on Craigslist three months later. Called but guy was so sketchy stopped answering my calls before he would let me see it.

Hammerhead
05-20-2013, 06:32 PM
There's too many out there that are to damn lazy to work for their own stuff and ballsy enough to help themselves to yours. I hope you get it back. Maybe a trail cam could work if you have some other things that he might be interested in.
HH