PDA

View Full Version : Bear Hunting in Region 2?

xtrail
05-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi, I was planning on going for a day trip black bear hunting. I want to go to Chilliwack, is there any chance of finding a black bear in Chilliwack? Any tips would be helpful, I don't have a general area figured out but somewhere near Chilliwack Lake road. Thanks for your help.

Fella
05-16-2013, 10:00 PM
All ill say is weekends are a zoo up there. Don't get your hopes up of seeing anything on the main fsr's.

xtrail
05-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks for your response, would Merritt be a better option?

gutpile
05-16-2013, 10:12 PM
You have a better chance of getting a blackbear in chilliwack then winning the lottery
any logged of areas of the valley .

ElectricDyck
05-16-2013, 10:17 PM
West side of Harrison is good for b bears, drive as far as you can, the further you drive the better it gets.....there used to be an open dump at the end of the lake, you can see some bears and turkey vulchers, the bears might have garbage bags hangng out of their asses, not something I'd eat. Boston Bar is good for bears, although I think it'll still be early at some of the higher elevation places, not that green yet....anyway a couple ideas for you.

Trophyslayer
05-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Save your gas go up chilliwack I've seen a ton of bears up there i dont think i have ever not seen a bear up there in spring glass open slides cut blocks basically anywhere there's lots of feed.

Deeboe
05-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Hi, I was planning on going for a day trip black bear hunting. I want to go to Chilliwack, is there any chance of finding a black bear in Chilliwack? Any tips would be helpful, I don't have a general area figured out but somewhere near Chilliwack Lake road. Thanks for your help.

All you will find in Chilliwack is piles of garbage on every FSR

Steeleco
05-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Thanks for your response, would Merritt be a better option? Yes, there's so much country to see and learn, much easier on the truck and lots more critters to see.

bigredchev
05-17-2013, 09:08 AM
one warning about Chilliwack lake is there is TONS of campers, hikers, atv'rs , dirtbikers etc. Be very careful when shooting because it is very densely populated from now til sept 15. I shy away from there for that reason. I have a second vote for merritt area.

Fella
05-17-2013, 10:46 AM
I was up there in the middle of the week not too long ago and it was a zoo. Atv's everywhere, guys shooting at targets in every block. It's a pig sty too. Last time we were up there we came back with a box for clays filled with shells. There's probably 3 dump trucks worth of garbage in each cut block.

xtrail
05-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Thanks for all the reply's, I decided to go to the Merritt area, saw a lot of deer and a few moose but no bear. I had a good time, very nice country.

ElectricDyck
05-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Cool, nice to get out in the bush even if you don't see your prey.

xtrail
05-17-2013, 11:23 PM
It gives me another excuse to go back to the bush again because I didn't fill my tag. :)

itsy bitsy xj
05-18-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm heading out in the morning, I know its the middle of a long weekend but I have to when /i get the time and now I have a free day so off I go. A buddy of mine was 4x4ing at West Harrison last weekend and saw two, I may go there or Chilliwack Lake. I'll post if /i get anything