PDA

View Full Version : Squamish FSR?

fishingguy44
05-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Is there a FSR thats not FN down by Paradise valley? by the chequamis? area to hunt bear close by?

nuadixion
05-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Most of the roads close by turn into zoos...people on quads, motorbiks etc.....try mid week, early morning and might by alright.
there is cat lake road-of off99 , chance creek for-of off99, mamquam fsr, ......study your google maps and just go for it.......

TheProvider
05-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Like mentioned. Not to discourage you but they are normally busy. On a long weekend it is a gong show. There are older grown in roads though that are good for walking. Just need to find them

DLP
05-17-2013, 02:12 PM
yes actually I just bumped into the CO he is heading up there this weekend for 3 days and they plan to monitor the area very closely for 'bad behaviour'. He says its one of their worst areas to patrol. Multiple tickets (he said a 100, thought he was exaggerating) are given out for littering and firearm related infractions in that area alone on a typical long weekend. in any case, it is an area to be careful in, people who use it are careless at best, criminal at worst.

TheProvider
05-17-2013, 02:23 PM
CO's normally have a roadblock every May 24 and theres always plenty of tickets to hand out. Not just stopping hunters.

One Shot
05-17-2013, 07:02 PM
yes actually I just bumped into the CO he is heading up there this weekend for 3 days and they plan to monitor the area very closely for 'bad behaviour'. He says its one of their worst areas to patrol. Multiple tickets (he said a 100, thought he was exaggerating) are given out for littering and firearm related infractions in that area alone on a typical long weekend. in any case, it is an area to be careful in, people who use it are careless at best, criminal at worst.

He is not exaggerating, at times I thought maybe more. They set up road blocks, patrol the valleys and stopping in on camps checking for damage, litter, miss use of ATVs firearms etc. Long weekends up there is a zoo. Lots of garabage is left after each long weekend. It really shows off the prime form of idiots and stupidity. Don't even go close to there on long weekends any more.