PDA

View Full Version : Britania FSR bear sign?

fishingguy44
05-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Heading up to Furry creek area. has anyone seen much bear sign that way? A day out is always a great day but just curious if I have a legitimate chance. Anyone is welcome to join if they want also. probs a saturday over night.

olympia
05-16-2013, 09:44 AM
i know much of that side of highway 99 is no shooting area so be sure to check the regs, i think the no shooting area is from west can to furry creek so you may be ok but it dont hurt to check

fishingguy44
05-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Ya I have checked before. I am ok as long as I use my bow. however there are always guys out there with fire arms too. I will be bow hunting though

bandit
05-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Last time I went there the place was a war zone. Tons of dirt bikers on the north side and literally 10's of makeshift shooting ranges on the south. The noise alone would be enough to scare all the bears for miles around!

BlackOwL
05-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Yes is called Britania FSR now is a new logging company and there is a sign inn about 100 mts to Your left by the Ministry of Forests and Ranges that is illegal to enter, This is as consequence of dirt bikers, trucks and quads misbehaving in the area, and ninjas with guns shooting like there is no tomorrow, I Been in Squamish for 10 days now and ready to go back to my kingdom fart away of the noisy sissy crowds. Don't even try Upper or Lower Mamquam don't waste Your Gas, in the lower there is extreme activity by loggers this scares wildlife, and in the upper by bikers, hell they even put a new sign that You should't shuttle for respect for bikers, it wasn't like this 4 years ago when last visited Squamish. Some idiots even asked Me if I am allow to hunt in the area, can You believe that? Impertinent *******s they think to have the only right in the world to enjoy life, So we pay for hunting licenses but the preference goes to bikers and hikers added to that Dog walkers. Whats their contribution? Only farts and noise!

TheProvider
05-17-2013, 07:14 PM
There are tons of atv's and bikers. You have just as much to be there as them. People always are surprised that hunting is allowed in places. First bear I shot in Squamish my gf posted a pic to facebook of our oldest daughter sitting on it. Someone commented on the picture asking us how we managed to get the bear to lay there as we put our daughter on it and took a picture :roll: Gf replied that I had shot it and it was dead. Too which the lady replied "Oh thats horrible. I thought it was illegal to hunt bears." None hunters have no clue about hunting or regs so don't expect them too.

yakideath12
05-17-2013, 11:34 PM
invest extra a hour of driving will reduce your stress level from people.

longstonec
05-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Watch out for the rock climbers.

albravo2
05-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Remember that Furry Creek, Britannia and Mamquam are the first dirt roads that people from the city come to when they are trying to get their redneck on. As a result, the idiot ratio is quite high. I've also noticed that folks tend to erect 'No Shooting' signs that are based on their preference, not on the law. The 'No Shooting' sign on the Furry Creek FSR, for example, fails to mention that the law only applies to within 1/2 mile of the highway. Most of those impromtu shooting ranges are legal but the sign makes it seem to everyone else that shooters are breaking the law.

It is absolutely worth the additional drive up the Squamish River FSR. That opens the upper Squamish, Elaho and Ashlu areas which are much less travelled. And there's bears up theres.

TheProvider
05-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Some days I miss living in Northern Ontario. The radio and news papers warn people its hunting season and too wear reflective clothing when going into the bush :P

Anywhere you see homemade signs you should post you own " Hunters legally hunting in area. Please keep noise to a minimum."

TherealSLYFOX
05-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Tried upper squamish there was a little barricade said road closed said to contact ministry of environment no phone number probably flooded anyways anyone have update would love to smash a bear up there

TheProvider
05-18-2013, 08:49 AM
Tried upper squamish there was a little barricade said road closed said to contact ministry of environment no phone number probably flooded anyways anyone have update would love to smash a bear up there

If you saw this last weeked. The road was infact closed at one point. It is reopened.

Brew
05-18-2013, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't bother. Was working up there last week. They are heli logging up there. There is even a gate but not sure if it gets locked on weekends or not.

albravo2
05-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Anywhere you see homemade signs you should post you own " Hunters legally hunting in area. Please keep noise to a minimum."

Now that right there is a great idea...

shortrange
04-18-2014, 02:53 PM
I've been to Britannia Creek FSR a few times since April 1. Saw lots of kids on quads and plenty of logging. No bear sign. Better chance beyond Squamish.

Brew
04-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Don't bother. They are logging up there hard and off highway truck is running up and down.

MichelD
04-18-2014, 03:45 PM
And you can forget about Squamish, Ashlu and Elaho on the May long weekend, and probably this one too.

So many people trying to camp out that they run out of space and just pull off anywhere. You see 'em in gravel pits, under hydro lines, all along the river. I even saw one group in a swamp. A lot of idiot stupid shooting guns for nothing too.