PDA

View Full Version : Allison lake

walnutz
05-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Just got a cabin up at Allison lake in princeton and just wondering if anyone has a place or has stayed there before?? We have hunted that area in the past but never been to the lake itself. Any input either good or bad would be apprecitated! Talked to a few of the other people in the area and havent heard anything really negative about it but looking to HBC for some info. Cheers!!

ruger#1
05-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Rented the two cabins out front. Had seen lots of deer. That was summer time. Fly fish with a fly that has some red on it, Also if you spin cast use a dare devil or a lure with some red. There are whitetails and moose in that area also.

squeege
05-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Some great deer hunting around there especially Dry Lake road (is deactivated). Some elk kicking around there also especially to the west of the lake on the upper ridges (some old logging roads to get there to the south, quad access). Fishing is pretty good for rainbows up to 1lb. I had luck with panther martin spinners and half back nymphs on sinking tip.

walnutz
05-16-2013, 09:48 AM
My main concern was the lake allowing ski boats and seadoos etc.... Hoping that its not used alot for that and more for fishing and trolling boats.

Richmond69er
05-16-2013, 10:36 PM
It's beautiful!

Iron Glove
05-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Wife and her family used to spend most summer holidays at Skye Blue Lodge on the Lake, we camped or cabined a few times there years ago. Father - In - Law apparantly wanted to buy the Lodge about 45 years ago but Mother-In-Law refused to agree so no deal. It burnt down not long after.
Nice Lake, nice area.

Phreddy
05-17-2013, 07:37 PM
It's a gong show for speed boats and weekend warriors when the weather's decent. I would liken fishing there at that time to trying to do a waltz in the middle of the Pt. Mann bridge at rush hour. Quiet as a chain factory.

Jelvis
05-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Allison Lake and some camp areas, for a base.
Lots of aspen trees.
Located on HWY 5A at the southern end of Allison Lake a 50 acre camp ground to laze around. Hah.
28 k south you hit Princeton for gas ot dee zel. Chips lol.
you can have a chit, a chave and a camp fire.
Extras; you can avoid the Coq5 and follow the Hwy 5A, the road follows Allison Creek to Princeton.
120 k longer route but avoids the hills and it's hunting country. lol. yah.
Jeldo -- Allison -- a beautyful name and a beauty area, for the Big Looie.

05-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Its Close to Vancouver ...... so

Lots of Skiing and sledding at that lake, also fishing, as any where in the province, some, deer moose bear elk are around.

Did you buy water front, R u on the Merritt or Princeton end subdivision?

Ct

walnutz
05-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Its lake front almost dead center of the lake. There is a stretch of i think 8 cabins and its one of those. As for it being busy all summer i will have to find out for myself as i get mixed reveiws from the people i have asked. Thanks again!!

RayHill
05-21-2013, 05:34 PM
My friend (I mean) a guy I know, haha has a place on that lake too. If he is out in his boat the fishing wont be good, because he is a wing nut and the fish will be spooked. I have seen him get his ass chewed out by a few fishermen when he got back to the dock.

ruger#1
05-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Rented the two cabins out front. Had seen lots of deer. That was summer time. Fly fish with a fly that has some red on it, Also if you spin cast use a dare devil or a lure with some red. There are whitetails and moose in that area also.
My mistake. I got Allison lake mixed up wtih dry lake. I fish dry lake. less traffic.