PDA

View Full Version : spinning reel

v-king
05-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Looking to buy a new spinning reel, probly shimano sahara but I've noticed that it only has 3 ss bearings. There are other reels out there in the same price range with 6 or 8 ss bearings that get a much worse review.
Is there a difference in quality and design of the bearings that would sugest that more is not always better?

05-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Shimano has always made great spinning reals.... Well reels in general. My Spirex 2000 lasted through years of abuse on the west coast of the Island catching Coho and Steel head. There is going to be different designs for sure between brands.

It has been years since i bought a spinning reel but what i learned was wit reels less function is better and top drag was best. All the peices that made bottom drag work and the flip drag thinger work... did not last after repedid Steelhead.

It seems Spinning reels have come along way in the last well 15 years,,,,, i need to get a new one as well... but its on the back burner as i Fly fish almost soley now... but when i do it will be a Shimano.

North Star
05-27-2013, 10:34 PM
What 835 said.