PDA

View Full Version : PG area boat launches

pete_k
05-13-2013, 02:45 PM
I'd like to compile a list of boat launches in the area.
I only know of 2 so far:
River Road launch on the Nechako
Miworth park launch on the Nechako

Any places up near the Hart area? Would like to put the boat in and visit the Hubble Farm on the Fraser.
Also, the Mud River drains to the Nechako about 15km West of town. It looks like a fun little river to try out.

jml11
05-13-2013, 03:01 PM
The launch in Shelley would probably be the best to access hubble homestead. Others include Stone Creek south of town, good access to Fort George Canyon, isle pierre (rough at low water) and finmore west of town. Upper Fraser has Hansard Crossing and there is one at the McGregor River confluence I belive. Mud River is VERY rocky through the canyon at the lower end best only at high water...learned that the hard way once...

The Dawg
05-13-2013, 05:12 PM
What did you get? :)

pete_k
05-13-2013, 06:24 PM
The launch in Shelley would probably be the best to access hubble homestead. Others include Stone Creek south of town, good access to Fort George Canyon, isle pierre (rough at low water) and finmore west of town. Upper Fraser has Hansard Crossing and there is one at the McGregor River confluence I belive. Mud River is VERY rocky through the canyon at the lower end best only at high water...learned that the hard way once...

Ah good advise. Thanks. Mud River looks so docile when you're on the highway

pete_k
05-13-2013, 06:29 PM
What did you get? :)
18' Harbercraft Warrior with 200 sportjet and 12degree hull. Not a rock crusher by any stretch. Good all purpose boat I think.
Put in Saturday at River Road with family. Took it up to Miworth for a picnic then back.
Takes some getting used to. lol. But alot of fun. Nice to be back on the water again.

PG hunter
05-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Km 23(approx.) on North Fraser Rd., trail to the right takes you out onto gravel bar, can be soft after high water...winch comes in handy or two trucks, I`ve launched there a few times without too much trouble(17Ft with 470 Mercruiser inboard,AT pump)You`ll be about 15K up from hubble and 30min down from mouth of McGregor. A better launch is at the McGregor R. bridge @ 50Km. on North Fraser Rd. cross bridge and turn on the trail to the left out onto gravel bar,you can go down to the Fraser in less than an hour or you can go up the McGregor to the Herrick...beautiful country!!

The Dawg
05-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Wicked! Shoulda swung by and showed it off!! We gotta go play soon :D

pete_k
05-14-2013, 10:30 PM
The launch in Shelley would probably be the best to access hubble homestead. Upper Fraser has Hansard Crossing ...
Went for a drive to check out the Hansard Bridge launch.
Both East and West access roads on the North side of the bridge have been dug up with 5' deep trenches.
No way to get down with a vehicle.
Who and why?

moosinaround
05-14-2013, 10:38 PM
18' Harbercraft Warrior with 200 sportjet and 12degree hull. Not a rock crusher by any stretch. Good all purpose boat I think.
Put in Saturday at River Road with family. Took it up to Miworth for a picnic then back.
Takes some getting used to. lol. But alot of fun. Nice to be back on the water again.
Sounds like a good all round boat Pete! Eutsuk Lake next year? Moosin

pete_k
05-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Sounds like a good all round boat Pete! Eutsuk Lake next year? Moosin
Absolutely. Even this year. Always heard about and wanted to try that boat trolley in from Whitesail. Fishing is supposed to be epic.

moosinaround
05-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Absolutely. Even this year. Always heard about and wanted to try that boat trolley in from Whitesail. Fishing is supposed to be epic.
I am in the process of looking for a new boat trailer for mine. Not sure if I will make it this year, as planning for fall hunting trips, yard maintenance, and family stuff will make it impossible but next year for sure!! A dream trip of mine, and I have an inside contact there too!!! Moosin

nap
05-15-2013, 07:04 PM
:-DYou wouldn't have any issues right now at the Shelly launch, Don't know of any reason why the launch at the Hansard would be dug up, makes no sense, did you turn right at the corner and head towards Sinclair Mills for 1/2 a km. I sure hope we can get the boats in there, A fun trip through the Grand Canyon when you get a some time in that fine looking rig of yours.:-D

pete_k
05-15-2013, 08:00 PM
No, I just checked the bridge accesss roads. LOL. are you telling me I was a 1/2 km from the boat launch?
Grand Canyon? sounds dangerous! The river looks so calm up there.
I agree. Need more experience and time alone without the kids so I can try a few maneuvers.

Ambush
05-15-2013, 08:01 PM

Eutsuk is very nice and some big rainbows, when they're bitting. The trolly is a pain unless the Warden winches you over the hump.

Plenty of big rainbows in Whitesail. Fish the bay in front of the Ranger cabin or the black cliffs a little farther west. Pay attention to the buoys and stumps. The lake can and does blow up enough to make you wish for a much bigger boat regularly.

Downriggers and big spoons, wobblers, and the like.

nap
05-15-2013, 08:20 PM
No, I just checked the bridge accesss roads. LOL. are you telling me I was a 1/2 km from the boat launch?
Grand Canyon? sounds dangerous! The river looks so calm up there.
I agree. Need more experience and time alone without the kids so I can try a few maneuvers.

I am thinking you were right close, the access road to the river is about 1/2 km from the North side of the bridge right towards Sinclair Mills. If you look down just after you come off the bridge on the right you can see where you can launch the boats. You have to remember that it doesn't look like either the Myworth or the Nechacko, Most out there will just be spots where guys have found spots to back there rigs into. The Grand Canyon is not a place where anyone would go on their own, it would be best to fallow someone through it, It is pretty awesome.:-D:-D