knockturnal
05-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Anyone been out shooting any carp yet?

MerrittBow
05-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Saw a couple on nicola, water is too dirty yet tho

nolan-sawka
05-12-2013, 12:40 PM
quite a few just past vernon in the creek on the left it floods and they all go up in to the guys grass, couple of em in the ponds behind cnc

Bc Deer Hunter
05-12-2013, 02:12 PM
2 weekends ago south of duck lake i saw some guys bowfishing... I havent got around to getting a setup or else i would be out there too :roll: :-D

Ambush
05-12-2013, 02:21 PM
As a young man, MANY years ago, we used to bow fish pike and carp in the shallows of Lake Erie. Lot's of fish, sun and ample refreshments made for some real fun days. With the number of times we ended up on the outside of the boat it's a good thing that those fish spawn in very shallow water!

I'd like to do it again sometime. Maybe have to take short OK spring vacation.

backcountrybowhunter
05-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Wheres the closest place to Cranbrook to go bow fishing? Always been a dream of mine. Thanks in advance

As a young man, MANY years ago, we used to bow fish pike and carp in the shallows of Lake Erie. Lot's of fish, sun and ample refreshments made for some real fun days. With the number of times we ended up on the outside of the boat it's a good thing that those fish spawn in very shallow water!

I'd like to do it again sometime. Maybe have to take short OK spring vacation.

knockturnal
05-12-2013, 04:30 PM
I've got 2 old compounds set up for it. 1 for my monkey arms (29-30")and 1 for someone with a smaller draw length (25-27"). The let off on them isn't very much so pretty much anyone can use them. Especially if you are just instinctively snap shooting at stuff. You guys are more than welcome to use them if you want.

t-rexer
05-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Always wanted to but wasn't sure if it was legal or not. I think it would be so much fun getting a big spring on his way up river to spawn

knockturnal
05-12-2013, 05:35 PM
That's not legal. Only coarse fish.