PDA

View Full Version : Another Lynx

trigger
01-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Went out yesturday morning for some coyotes, after about an inch of snow fall. Did three set ups and no yotes. I did find alot of fresh wolf sign. They had killed a deer, but no wolves. Driving home in a big rush to go get ready for new years this guy ran across the road up ahead. He ran in to some new growth pine and hunkered down under a branch. my buddy shot hom in the head with a 17 hmr. Was the only shot he had and it was his first lynx sighting ever so he didnt want to miss the oportunity. Not much of a hunt but an awesome cat.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/trigger22/yotes/IMG_0086.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e368/trigger22/yotes/IMG_0087.jpg

BlacktailStalker
01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
No way ! Damn you Scotty lol.
Your other one looks a lot better though, nicer coat and bigger.

DropTines
01-01-2007, 07:45 PM
good job man
________
Roy d. chapin jr. (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Roy_D._Chapin_Jr.)

Chuck
01-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice cat, not overly big though. How you gonna do him? Worth a few bucks for sure! He'd make a nice full mount.

john-brennan
01-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Nice score anytime.

Ovis17
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Nice.......I fluked out on a bobcat like that a few years back. Congrats.

boonerbuck
01-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Must be plenty of lynx up there. They seem to be doing good in their established areas. No shortage of them around here also.

Good job guys.8-)

He should enter that in our contest.

trigger
01-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Ive been bugging him to sign up, but he doesnt have a computer.

boonerbuck
01-02-2007, 11:15 AM
If he joins up on your's or someone else's and enters the cat, he gets an entry for the digital caller at least.

Nice little bonus to an already great trophy.

SHAKER
01-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Nice! That a hell of alot easier than runn'n them long legged things with hounds. Tried and fail'd at that many times.

Pete
02-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Of course you or your buddy had a tag?

RiverOtter
02-06-2007, 12:20 AM
The guy owns a $700+ electronic caller, its not a big stretch to think he'd fork over 8 bucks for a lynx tag.
Especially when he's posting pics on the net.

Is that troll poop I smell?????

RO

BlacktailStalker
02-06-2007, 07:22 AM
HEY MOD'S OR MARC, somebody zap this Pete guy.
Same stupid post on both lynx threads.

bsa30-06
02-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I noticed both his comments yesterday, and figured he was trollin.

Pete
02-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I asked a valid question. If we call in a cat and take him that is very cool and I would support any one who does it in a legal fashion which includes buying a tag. How many folks that use calls buy tags for cats? I have called cats in before and yes I have taken cats and Yes I do buy a tag.

MB_Boy
02-06-2007, 04:40 PM
I asked a valid question. If we call in a cat and take him that is very cool and I would support any one who does it in a legal fashion which includes buying a tag. How many folks that use calls buy tags for cats? I have called cats in before and yes I have taken cats and Yes I do buy a tag.

Uh Pete...........why don't you go back and go through every thread where any animal has been harvested and post up your same question.

"Nice cougar......the hounds did a good job, I assume you bought a tag?"
"Nice buck.....I assume you bought a tag"
"Nice bull.......you called him in? I assume you bought a tag?"
"Nice grouse......he sat there stupid one the road and you shot him? I assume you bought a tag?"
:wink: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As RIverOtter stated........I think he can shell out the 8 bucks for a tag especially seeing as he was involved in taking one back in early December.

Stone Sheep Steve
02-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I can't believe we forgot to ask Dana if he had a tag when he shot Mass'n'Trash or if he actually cut it after he was down!!! We let him off too easy!!:lol:

SSS

Stone Sheep Steve
02-06-2007, 05:31 PM

I'm sure you had a valid question in mind but "Presentation" can be important on sites like this. I've learned to sugarcoat most of my questions since living with my wife.

Maybe something like this would have been a better start to posting on this site.....
"Beauty Lynx Trigger and a pretty cool way to get him! 8)
Just curious for those of you that call predators....do you buy bobcat and lynx tag in case you call one in?? How about a cougar tag?"

Yes. I buy a lynx and bobcat tag just to guarentee that I don't see one. I'm pretty sure a cougar will show up one day soon as I never buy a tag for one...:roll: .

Just a little friendly advice:) !

SSS

RiverOtter
02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I've learned to sugarcoat most of my questions since living with my wife.

Maybe something like this would have been a better start to posting on this site.....
"Beauty Lynx Trigger and a pretty cool way to get him! 8)
Just curious for those of you that call predators....do you buy bobcat and lynx tag in case you call one in?? How about a cougar tag?"

SSS

How long you been married Steve, that was smooth.:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good advice though, especially for the net where you can't pick up on voice tone/facial expressions etc.

RO

hunter1947
02-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Hay scotty is your friend going to get him stuffed from the tax ??http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif?? wayner.

Pete
02-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will be more careful next time. I did not mean to offend anyone.

3kills
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
"Nice grouse......he sat there stupid one the road and you shot him? I assume you bought a tag?"

grouse tags dam thats what i forgot to buy last year ;)

Stone Sheep Steve
02-06-2007, 10:35 PM
How long you been married Steve, that was smooth.:lol: :lol:

Long enough to learn that fiesty women are a lot like sport cars....lots of fun but you can get into a heap of trouble in a heartbeat if you don't know how to handle them properly:wink: .

SSS

lip_ripper00
02-06-2007, 10:43 PM
[quote=Stone Sheep Steve]Long enough to learn that fiesty women are a lot like sport cars....lots of fun but you can get into a heap of trouble in a heartbeat if you don't know how to handle them properly:wink: .

or like driving a truck, miss a gear going down hill.......:lol:

MB_Boy
02-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will be more careful next time. I did not mean to offend anyone.

Pete.....don't worry about it, just a bit of a heads up as a number of newbie's come on to the forum and just start beaking off and then right away start asking where to shoot a 200+ Muley.

Your posts thus far seem pretty good.......stick around and just realize that there is fun poked on the forum as a lot of members know one another and again making assumptions or "accusations" (not the best word) is not looked upon that highly.

Welcome to the forum.

BearSniper
02-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Beautiful Cat ! :)

I notice the grey colour seems more pronounced than internet or book photos.

Very striking colour difference as compared to a Bobcat. Look at the huge paws.

Good job. Will you get him rug mounted or full body?