PDA

View Full Version : Boston bar bears

rides bike to work
05-11-2013, 08:18 AM
I hope everyone is having a good time chasing these spring bruins I know I am but haven't had much luck in my regular spots.

I'm going to try up the Boston bar area this week but have read on past threads that some of the forest service roads up there pass through reserve land and I don't want to step on any toes.

Can anyone recommend wich areas I should check out up around Boston bar for a Boston bruin.

pnbrock
05-11-2013, 08:22 AM
just drive through early morning if concerned.

Jack Russell
05-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Anderson creek road south of town, east side of Fraser river. Lots of country, powerlines, slashes, timber. Takes in low mid and upper elevations.

olympia
05-11-2013, 10:28 AM
i talked to a guy that was there for a couple days, he was there about 5-6 days ago and he says he saw nothing. Did you guys read that article in yesterdays province paper saying "bear sightings are down this year" apparently something to do with less food source

Big Lew
05-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Anderson creek road south of town, east side of Fraser river. Lots of country, powerlines, slashes, timber. Takes in low mid and upper elevations.

Similar question was asked last year...good area, but like I warned then, be aware that many places can be subject to spring washouts and slides this time of year.

olympia
05-11-2013, 02:11 PM
Similar question was asked last year...good area, but like I warned then, be aware that many places can be subject to spring washouts and slides this time of year.

very good advice

Jack Russell
05-12-2013, 08:51 AM
You won't need to go very far up the Anderson road to find bears right now.

Foxton Gundogs
05-12-2013, 09:02 AM
I spent 2 days around Lytton/Lillooet a couple of weeks back staking out some alfalfa fields. We seen 7 total, 4 shooters, unfortunately (or fortunately for the bears) they were all black. The only signs of activity were close to water and irrigation. But that was a couple of weeks back. Good Luck

Brew
05-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Was in boston bar yesterday. Saw one 5 footer up urquart creek. A monster that was up in the cliffs up scuzzy creek which is washed out just past the campsites. One up anderson but he was small as well. Anderson had a washout at 14 km where we turned around. the pickup was just a little too low to attempt it.

twr
05-13-2013, 11:27 AM
did you happen to run into a color fase? ive been after him for 2 years now.