PDA

View Full Version : PG Lynx Lake Range

XMD70
05-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Once again this spring three of us retired CORE instructors cleaned up the Lynx Lake Range. It's still not perfect, but it looks less like a dump. We were, as usual, underwhelmed by those who abused the facility by attempting to destroy it or bury it in garbage. It seems as though those hundreds of hours we spent teaching Outdoor Ethics over the past 30 years were a waste of time. The place is nearly done for, and we don't have the physical or monetary resources to keep it operational. Any of you in the PG area who use the place might consider leaving it a little better than you found it each visit. Bring a garbage bag and a rake, clean up a bit. If you have any spare building materials lying around, maybe do a bit of patch work or PM me and we can work something out. Anyone with access to some plywood to patch up the roofs or provide windbreaks, or maybe some roofing materials please let me know. We know there are a few good people out there, thanks to Frank and John who showed up while we were there and helped out for several hours.

The Dawg
05-10-2013, 11:27 PM
I know that myself, moosin, Brett and carnivore king always make a point of removing our targets, and bringing everything out that we brought in.

We have discussed a couple of times trying to fix it up a bit, but we are of the same thought of you- it's almost a "what's the point, idiots are going to wreck it anyways"

Ill run it by them again, and see what we can do.

drivintrucks_shootinbucks
05-10-2013, 11:27 PM
A big thank you to those of you who cleaned up. I know your frustrations. There is a gravel pit i shoot at that i have taken several truck loads of garbage from to the dump...it seems like a never ending battle unfortunately