PDA

View Full Version : 4-33 Grizz hunt

Timberjack
05-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Hey guys. I've got 2 options for my grizz hunt in 4-33. Done lots of research, and have a good idea of the spots I want to hit, but being on the island I'm having trouble getting a good read on the snow levels. I've got 2 options for the hunt - the week of May 18-26, or June 1-8. I really don't want a rubbed bear, but also don't want to go before I have reasonable access to the back ends of the main valleys. What would you guys do? If there's anyone out the who can give me some advice on where I might get to on the mainlines (akokolex or incoomaapleaux, etc) by the may long it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, TJ

monasheemountainman
05-08-2013, 01:24 PM
id go 18-26..the big boars will be out. plus the weather is supposed to be good still

Timberjack
05-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Thanks for that mtn man. that was my thinking til my hunting partner buggered up my plans for the 18-26 of may. Rubbed bears if I go 1st week of June you think? Anyone else with any advice? Thanks, TJ.

monasheemountainman
05-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Not necessarily but you should study your bear well before you take him. No cubs around is obviously the first thing you make sure. Then look for rubs. Good luck!

gutpile
05-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Rubbed bears ? I think that all depends on weather.

604redneck
05-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Rubbed bears ? I think that all depends on weather.
nope weather doesnt matter bears are like people....all of them heat up at different rates, ive seen bears missing half there fur in may and other bears not missing any a weeek later at the same elevation within 5km on the same road. I was in the kootenays last weekend and u will be good to go may long

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
05-09-2013, 01:56 AM
18 to 26 ..you have the same chance . depending on the weather , how bad the rub is going to be . not much you can do about it .

GoatGuy
05-09-2013, 06:45 AM
Boars have been out for a month.

The problem in that country is sightability tends to crash towards june. A lot of those slides can close in within a matter of days once they start leafing out, making spotting tough, and shooting almost impossible. There's nothing like crawling around in a slide when you can hear the bear eating but can't see 'em.

Good luck and have fun - it will be a busy place, lots of buddies that have draws down there this year.

revarchery
05-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Was out tonight, 1 Grizzly in range too rubbed. No snow anywhere it's been 28 degrees for a week. Slides are mostly all leafed out. It's been a strange spring.

REMINGTON JIM
05-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Iv'ed Bear hunted there and with this HOT weather for sure go May 18-26 - you will NOT be too early ! :-D RJ