PDA

View Full Version : Pipelines

Dusty Roads
05-07-2013, 09:25 AM
So I was out the other day, drove a few Km's past what I believe is a compressor station for a gas line of sorts (around the station there is lots of no shooting signs etc etc.
i was long past it and walked in on a spot where the line meets up with the road. I parked and proceeded to walk up the clearing, pipeline is buried, no signs etc, crown land.
walking away from the compressor station, couldn't hear it couldn't see it, my guess is probably 5 k away from it. After having no luck, I walked back to my truck, when I got there I was met by a guy who has a cabin at the end if the road, real tree hugger type, he accused me of breaking the law and endangering the ecosystem and even threatened to call the RCMP if he sees me hunting the line again, he conformed with me that it's crown land but really laid into me. I buggered off, I searched the regs... I even left messages and emails with conservation officers (no responses 10 days later) and I'm just curious, my dad worked for PNG 10 years ago and said people did it all the time... Was I in the wrong? Maybe a newbie question but need some confirmation here... Thanks for any response

boxhitch
05-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Crotchety old troll from the end of the road , sounds familiar. Folks anywhere will try and keep others out through intimidation.
Best check with the regional district on property ownership and then go back loaded for troll.

Rock Doctor
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM
That spot, or one extremely freakin close to it would be my new shooting range.
I live and work in "Gas Pipeline Central", and everyone around here uses ROW's for hunting at some point. Most Compressor Sites/Stations that I know of don't have NO SHOOTIN / NO HUNTING signs beyond 1km of there location, and that is more of a request than a law.

RD

BearSupreme
05-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Ya ive never seen anything saying you cant shoot by the lines. Sounds like he is the one breaking the law by interfering with a lawful hunter.

Mr. Dean
05-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Tell 'em to pound sand and to PLEASE call the cops on ya.

Surrey Boy
05-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Hunt as you please, and if threatened, act in self-defence.