PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

Fella
05-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Ok so this is my first year hunting bears, I've been out for days, I've hiked, driven and sat still. I've glassed and I've called. I've seen more poop than a daycare worker, and I've been careful to keep my face to the wind but I've yet to actually see a bear. I've gone out morning, afternoon and night. I know there are bears in the area because I've seen poop, tracks and mown grass. What am I doing wrong??

winchester284
05-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Maybe the radio in your truck is on too loud...... it's scaring them. :twisted:

604redneck
05-07-2013, 09:06 AM
The bears are where the bears are bring a lawn chair and sit just in the trees watching up a cut block that's greened up and keep the wind in ur face and drink some beers and play games on ur iPhone. If u know there are bears there they will eventually come out

Wade
05-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Be patcient,find an area that you can sit and glass for a couple hours in the evening. Look for grassy areas. On hot days like we're having now bears will usually stay in the timber or shady spots. In the evening they seem to come out to these grassy areas

nolan-sawka
05-07-2013, 09:13 AM
well this threads done everyones going to start bitching about drinking beer hunting now hahah. as for what youre doing wrong i think bear huntings all about putting on the km, 95% of the bears iv shot iv seen them on the sides of the roads or iv seen them just up in a cut from the road, just stick with it once you see one itll boost up your motivation right away and make you wanna keep at it day after day and eventually it will happen and you'll get a shot. iv never went without shooting at least 1 nice bear in the spring if not 2. keeep at er'

Mr. Dean
05-07-2013, 09:17 AM
If you think you found an area they're using, wait it out. Go there in the late afternoon and see what comes come sunset.
Late evening is probably the best time for viewing.......

monasheemountainman
05-07-2013, 09:35 AM
The bears are where the bears are bring a lawn chair and sit just in the trees watching up a cut block that's greened up and keep the wind in ur face and drink some beers and play games on ur iPhone. If u know there are bears there they will eventually come out

is that how we are gonna get your grizz?

Wild one
05-07-2013, 09:37 AM
If you think you found an area they're using, wait it out. Go there in the late afternoon and see what comes come sunset.
Late evening is probably the best time for viewing.......

What Dean said

They are creatures of habit so if you find an area with good feed, water, and bear crap they will be back.

604redneck
05-07-2013, 09:42 AM
is that how we are gonna get your grizz?
Yup maybe play ihunter on the phone for a few hours get a game of poker goin

05-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Make sure you're there the last 30 minutes of light, and pay attention to the wind.

Ltbullken
05-07-2013, 11:31 AM
They're there, if the sign is fresh. I find the late afternoon/early evening is the best time for bears. Find a good cut block with lots of grass and forbes and glass, drink coffee, chat quietly with buddy. You'll see them. If there is a lot of traffic on the road and previous hunting activity, the bears might wait till traffic dies down. I was on a road after a weekend when everyone hunts and didn't see a bear on that road for about 2 days then they just started appearing.