PDA

View Full Version : Sheep in Kamloops

bc sportsman
05-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Anyone familiar with sheep hunting in 3-29? Not looking for someone to tell me where to hunt should I be lucky enough to get the draw. Just want an idea of any challenges I should expect in hunting that specific area. Access problems etc. If I don't get drawn, I'll probably hunt there for mulies. Will be moving into the area this summer.

Thanks

Jelvis
05-06-2013, 10:12 AM
You will have no problems like a sheep hunter would have way back in the Rocky Mtns type of problems.
This Kammy Cali Any Ram Leh 3-29 hunt is completely unique, no problems at all.
Study the boudaries on the Rouseau Creek and go from that spot, and use that area for access.
Follow signs on the Hwy 1 or the Coq 5 towards the Kammy Airport, once past the Airport on Tranquille road go til you hit Frederick Road turn on Frederick Road and go as far as you can, you will be only about 1.5 k from Rouseau Creek.
If you do win the LEH 3-29 Any Cali Ram Kammy Lake you can come up once for a scout and see a "walkin the park hunt."
This hunt would be a hunt of a lifetime for any sheep hunter.
Jel .. weather will be fantastic and you will get a shot at an incredible looking Cali sheep .. anything else?

BigfishCanada
05-06-2013, 10:20 AM
The only challenge is patience, not shooting the first one you see. There are monsters there so make sure you use your tag for a nice one, YOU have seen the ods right? I would say the hardest LEH to win in BC maybe? The only other possible problem would be rattlesnakes...all over the hills where the big sheep roam! PS-My houses are the perfect base camp!

bc sportsman
05-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Thank you both. Just what I wanted to hear. Didn't want to apply for a hunt that would be too strenuous for me. Thanks guys.

Jelvis
05-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Hey strenuous is slight, go as slow or fast as you wish to go. Walk slow and look hard. No extreme steep and the ground is hard dirt and sage and cacti. You will be blown away. You can hunt in your Nike's and a tank top.
As long as you know how to gut and drag a ways you won't need to be Arnold lol. Don't ruin the cape.
Jel .. Good luck sheep hunter .. from the Loops