PDA

View Full Version : Took a trip to the farm today.

ruger#1
05-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Got there at 7 am. Seen a nice bear at about 500 yards he was moving fast. Went up the hill, Lots of bear crap and lots of deer tracks. Came across two sets of wolf tracks. Looks like it is going to be a good season. Lots of wild strawberry's in bloom. Alder trees have lots of caterpillars. So I think we are headed for a lot of warm weather. It would be nice if that wolf would get out of there. Came down off of the hill around 11am. Took a trip to the Dewdney slough. The park gates and boat launch are open. Lots of stickle backs and salmon fry. No bites, Lots of action on the east side of the slough. Cutties were nailing the salmon fry hard. Watched one come out of the water. It got about a foot of air. Someone with the IQ of a turd took a chainsaw to the log that says welcome. That must of been fun to do. Frigging idiots, That is why there is a gate there. 26c at 1 PM.

Steelwheels
05-04-2013, 04:00 PM
So.... Off to the Funny Farm.. EH
How many plants this time...???

Big Lew
05-04-2013, 04:01 PM
My wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago just as the park person showed up. We thought the same as you, but he insisted that he sawed it down and hauled it away. According to him, they will be replacing it with a new sign. Hasn't been replaced yet, so maybe he is a good bull ***ter.

ruger#1
05-04-2013, 04:07 PM
My wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago just as the park person showed up. We thought the same as you, but he insisted that he sawed it down and hauled it away. According to him, they will be replacing it with a new sign. Hasn't been replaced yet, so maybe he is a good bull ***ter. Man I went to use that wash room. Made me sick. You would of thought he would of took the whole sign down. I caught four cutties off of farms road. All were wild and released. 10" to 14" Was a great day.

ruger#1
05-04-2013, 04:13 PM
So.... Off to the Funny Farm.. EH
How many plants this time...??? To many to count. They are growing all over that hill. Some are 80' high. Did see a few Turkey valtures. I also thought about you steel. I picked up a Canadian Pacific Police Service card today also. I talked to that constable for a while. He was down the bottom of the hill by the CP line.

Steelwheels
05-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Anytime is Train Time... Must remember that!!
Let me know if you need help with the Harvest...:wink:

sounds like a good outing...

ruger#1
05-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Anytime is Train Time... Must remember that!!
Let me know if you need help with the Harvest...:wink: Lots of maples laying down. Natives have been taking swirly maple. I do not know what they use it for. I dont drink or smoke or grow, So you are out of luck.

Steelwheels
05-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I dont drink or smoke or grow, So you are out of luck.

Good on you... Man after my own heart!!

ruger#1
05-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Went to the slough at 7AM, gates were open. Not much for cuttie action. Cleaned up the garbage that some pigs left behind. Found an American quarter that was 2007 says Idaho on it. Has a picture of a bird. Finally got Tia to swim in the water. She is doing good. I think I tired both them out, Both GSPs are sleeping. Next weekend time to do some gold panning.