PDA

View Full Version : Snow levels around Valemount

Hammerhead
05-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey Guys
Just trying to time out a trip to 7-02 for my Grizzly draw and looking for a little help on the snow levels up that way. We were up there 2 years ago just before the May long weekend and it seemed to time out well that year. If anyone in the area could give me some input on this years levels it would be appreciated.
Thanks guys and good luck on the season
HH

junkyard_g
05-04-2013, 10:40 PM
http://bcrfc.env.gov.bc.ca/bulletins/ASP_Summary_2012-13.pdf = snow pillow at 111% of historical average at mcbride station. Was out near where the macgregor meets the fraser last sunday. couldn't get down any roads that weren't plowed. 2-3ft of snow in the timber down low. 23C today in PG and for the next week or so so the snow should start dropping real quick now. cold april up here this year.

Hammerhead
05-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Thank junkyard g for the help and the link. Looks like the warmer weather is coming around as you say so I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it. Thanks again
HH

junkyard_g
05-05-2013, 09:48 PM
no prob. forecast now up to 27c in pg by next weekend. more snow could be a blessing=concentrating the bears in smaller areas. as long as you can get with in striking distance of course. good luck on your trip.