PDA

View Full Version : Lillooet

Wade
05-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi guys, anybody here from Lillooet? If so how do you like it? What's the town itself like and how about the hunting and out doors stuff?

BRvalley
05-03-2013, 12:54 PM
I lived around Gold Bridge for a year and a half, Lillooet itself is a typical small town, not much to do....no shortage of hunting and fishing opportunities...the area gets busy for the extended 4 pt hunt in dec

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 03:19 PM
ive been here for a long time ..its great!!!!!! laid back lifestyle.town dosent have a whole lot ..but have a ice rink ..pool ..curling rink..i love it..can be hunting and fishing in minutes from home . and the weather is the best in canada !

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 03:29 PM
the area gets busy for the extended 4 pt hunt in dec

i dont find it busy at all ..hardly see anybody out and about .

Salty
05-03-2013, 03:33 PM
That's because you ditch the road out behind you so no one else get's in! And just close the gate on 99. lol

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 03:43 PM
That's because you ditch the road out behind you so no one else get's in! And just close the gate on 99. lol its big country dude ..if you want a piece of ground for yourself ..its no problem ...but hey close the gates ..good thinkin ..lol

RoscoeP
05-03-2013, 03:50 PM
I have hunted in that neck of the woods a few times, and I have thought about moving there. I used to sport tour on a motor bike and always did the Duffy Lake road pick up beers In lillooet, good camping at the Hydro Camp ground. I love that area but my wife has some health issues and needs to be closer to a bigger hospital.
There is good hunting all around that area, if I was abit younger I would move there in a heart beat. Cheers Roscoe

BRvalley
05-03-2013, 03:52 PM
it's big country indeed...like all of canada

I suppose it depends on an individuals definition of busy...when the morrow, gold dust and bralorne motels are booked full with hunters from dec 1-10....i call that busy

beautiful country, lots of animals and good fishing

Wade - feel free to PM any questions

Salty
05-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Big country it is. What i like is its border line desert and in a half an hour you're in almost alpine, and rain forest not far past that. Big big geography around Lillooet. Plus the Fraser doesn't suck too bad. ..

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 04:01 PM
also some of the best sturgeon fishing in the province 5 minutes from your door .

BRvalley
05-03-2013, 04:04 PM
also some of the best sturgeon fishing in the province 5 minutes from your door .

shore fishing sturgeon is something else in that upper river...I think I landed about 2 or 3 out of 10 on average

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 04:06 PM
shore fishing sturgeon is something else in that upper river...I think I landed about 2 or 3 out of 10 on average i havent done it much in the last 10 yrs ..but did a lot of it in my younger days ... 5 in a day was common ! biggest ever was over 10 ft

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 04:14 PM
you can also pm me for more info wade .

sapper
05-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Hey Frenchbar. I hunted out of your area in the 2011 season and loved the area. I saw the most deer I've ever seen in my life (all on some guy's ranch and unable to be touched :) ) but had a great weekend. I remember around the time reading a post by you and figured by your name that you were likely in the Lillooet area. It must be good weather up there right now.

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Hey Frenchbar. I hunted out of your area in the 2011 season and loved the area. I saw the most deer I've ever seen in my life (all on some guy's ranch and unable to be touched :) ) but had a great weekend. I remember around the time reading a post by you and figured by your name that you were likely in the Lillooet area. It must be good weather up there right now. its 25 and sunny ..cant beat it !

Weatherby Fan
05-03-2013, 05:12 PM
its 25 and sunny ..cant beat it !

All heck Frenchie its 25 and sunny in Maple Ridge !

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 05:13 PM
All heck Frenchie its 25 and sunny in Maple Ridge !
ya but its a f@@@ing zoo :wink: not to mention been surrounded by delusional canuck fans:)

Weatherby Fan
05-03-2013, 05:16 PM
ya but its a f@@@ing zoo :wink:

No no Frenchie the new zoo is in Surrey.........they fenced off Whalley !

Delusional Canucks fans for sure.........all kinds of them lol last week we gunned down a Detroit fan at the local mall, police said it was a drug deal gone bad but I know better !

I have hunted around Lillooet a fair bit and it a great place to go hunting, as Frenchbar says weathers awesome and scenery is spectacular and there's the odd deer around to !

gutpile
05-03-2013, 06:23 PM
i hear that there are lots of bears around Lillooet

LYKTOHUNT
05-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Did one horse back hunt up on the Shulaps above Serpentine Lake it was one of the best hunting trips I have done. We did not bring anything home but some pics of a grizzly in our camp a few times, I could have shot a buck but chose not too as it meant with the bear around we would have had to go home early I think, anyways that was my only alpine hunt and it was terrific. The horse ride up and down kind of scared the crap out of me but I am not a horse guy.

Gateholio
05-03-2013, 06:39 PM
The real issue is that the highways are poorly maintained and the locals are unfriendly. :)

Salty
05-03-2013, 08:17 PM
and empty rum bottles littered all over the place

lovemywinchester
05-03-2013, 08:17 PM
Lillooet is a great area for outdoor adventures for sure. I mined gold on the Bridge River for years and it is wild country. We saw a huge grizz up there and a monster cougar as well. Everything is bigger up there. Never saw many deer but I'm sure they were around. The town itself is too small for my liking for full time residency but my mining partner bought a place in the Hop farms and plans on retiring there.

It's rough country. Plows run the roads every day up there clearing snow in the winter and rocks all summer. Guaranteed rugged!

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 09:26 PM
and empty rum bottles littered all over the place
only when weatherby fan is around road hunting ....

Weatherby Fan
05-03-2013, 09:35 PM
only when weatherby fan is around road hunting ....

Not just any rum bottles buddy lol hey did I mention the Canucks are up 2-1 on the sharks lol

frenchbar
05-03-2013, 09:41 PM
not so fast lol

rides bike to work
05-03-2013, 11:21 PM
So weatherby jinxed us dooooh!!