PDA

View Full Version : Missing leh's

caves16
04-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Ive been in the habit for years now of using a courier (priority posting) my LEH'S in to victoria ,so bear watch, peta,or any other "do good hippies with their heads so far up their asses they refuse to let facts get in the way of their opinions " kinda people working for the post office,couldnt rip them up and toss them.
Well last year I was real busy and didnt get around to it so I just regular mailed them ,to which I never even got responses back for my grizzly,caribou,or black bear tag.Obviously never reached Victoria!
So I was just wondering how many hunters this has happened to ?
How many hunters now priority post them with a courier as a result of this ?

Wild Images
04-30-2013, 03:01 PM
IF you read the LEH book you will see that only successful draws would be sent out !!!

04-30-2013, 03:05 PM
You need to look online to see if you missed.

houndogger
04-30-2013, 03:19 PM
I always get my black bear lehs every year.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-30-2013, 03:25 PM
I always get my black bear lehs every year.

Me too ... Hell I managed to drawn fer 2 of them this year

lilhoss
04-30-2013, 04:45 PM
I suppose that's where my Rosey draws have been all these years. Damn hippy,dirt munching, tree hugger, peta, fur loving worker ripping them up at the post office!

Cami
04-30-2013, 05:19 PM
i guess he didn't get his bb tag because he didn't give em 40 $ :-D

Jelvis
04-30-2013, 05:35 PM
There are so many cards sent in that some literally fall through the cracks from the post office to Victoria.
In this busy day and age you must know that some get misplaced along the way.
Jel .. Lost in Space .. Please try again ..

ruger#1
04-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Me too ... Hell I managed to drawn fer 2 of them this year What color crayon did you use?

Jelvis
04-30-2013, 06:10 PM
The leh cards are so thin they get inside other mail like flyers and papers and no one would know it unless you leafed through every paper in the post office boxes and bags.
Jel .. Could be the one that got lost was the Kamloops Cali ANY RAM MU 3-29 .. things happen get over it .. lol ..

quadrakid
04-30-2013, 09:10 PM
I don,t imagine you will ever hear back on your application for black bear!

f350ps
04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
I don,t imagine you will ever hear back on your application for black bear!

My thoughts exactly, after all that's one tough LEH draw! :) K

Singleshotneeded
04-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Always a good plan to drop them off at a gun shop and have them couriered over...I did
get my NIL in the mail last year though, I thought...

Salty
04-30-2013, 09:52 PM
The Canada Post hippies have your number dude you have no chance. LM FAO

In other news I just got a rifle in the mail/ What the hell?..

Bowzone_Mikey
05-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Always a good plan to drop them off at a gun shop and have them couriered over...I did
get my NIL in the mail last year though, I thought...

No you didnt

Bowzone_Mikey
05-01-2013, 08:31 AM
What color crayon did you use?

I alternated colors with every letter ... did a nice pattern of Purple, black, yellow and red ... made sure I drew some numbers backwards and some upside down letters too ....

BiG Boar
05-01-2013, 08:46 AM
This is the funniest thread of the year so far. It made the sig line.

j270wsm
05-01-2013, 08:52 AM
I always put my leh's in an envelope, that way they all arrive at the same time and Ive never missed the draw.

Deer_Slayer
05-01-2013, 09:58 AM
yeah true but they still send you a notice to let you know you were unsuccessful. Probably is anti nuts in post office ripping them up

ruger#1
05-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I alternated colors with every letter ... did a nice pattern of Purple, black, yellow and red ... made sure I drew some numbers backwards and some upside down letters too ....

Well I did better then you. I glued alphabets to my card. I hope no one from the post office ate it.

Gateholio
05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
yeah true but they still send you a notice to let you know you were unsuccessful. Probably is anti nuts in post office ripping them up

No they don't. Only successful applicants are mailed a response.

ruger#1
05-01-2013, 10:48 AM
No they don't. Only successful applicants are mailed a response. I have some that were sent to me telling me that I was unsuccessful, my odds and the species and region . Kind of like me getting my hunting license this year. I wont be entering anymore BCWF contests anymore.

The Dawg
05-01-2013, 10:48 AM
They used to send a NIL by mail, but haven't for a couple years

bforce750
05-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I lost mine but just found them ...color phaze black bear here i come!!!

BiG Boar
05-01-2013, 02:35 PM
I lost mine but just found them ...color phaze black bear here i come!!!

Man! You drew a color phase? Lucky!!!!

Gateholio
05-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I have some that were sent to me telling me that I was unsuccessful, my odds and the species and region . Kind of like me getting my hunting license this year. I wont be entering anymore BCWF contests anymore.

I did too until they stopped mailing NILs out.

ruger#1
05-01-2013, 03:04 PM
That sucks, I bet you told them they could save money.By doing that.

Gateholio
05-01-2013, 04:34 PM
They came up with the idea on thier own.

bforce750
05-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Yup !!!I put in for the late season hybernation draw, that way i can hunt cougars and wolves at the same time

ruger#1
05-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Well i'm going all out this year. Putting in for Grouse and rabbit LEH.

steel_ram
05-02-2013, 02:40 PM
No reply for losers would make it easier to toss a bunch. Saves work. It's still totally random who's gets tossed.

Moose63
05-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I thought about couriering the LEHs, but decided, nah, if the posties\antis\guides\whatevers want to get me I could call helplessly to Victoria for some compensation......for something like "sorry your LEH was lost in the mail"...

Praying for online LEHs, it would be so damn easy to implement, maybe this card system creates union jobs, oh wait the Liberals are in power....

aggiehunter
05-02-2013, 07:17 PM
When the liberals get back in I promise we'll find your missing lottery tickets...

Marlin375
05-02-2013, 10:05 PM
I got one of mine mailed back to me a couple of years ago. The scanner read my return address instead. I had to walk it into the post office, they stuck in an envelope and covered the postage to get it to Victoria. Lucky I sent it in early or I would have been hooped.

caves16
05-13-2013, 01:26 PM
It always states the unsuccsessful draws you didnt get as well,which is why i know the grizzly draw got plucked as it never mentioned it at all.

caves16
05-13-2013, 01:29 PM
I understand that and every year i can see the ones that were unsuccessful,its the tags that are not mentioned successful or not that im refering to,clearly never made it there.

caves16
05-13-2013, 01:34 PM
yes i actually put in for that mu 3-29. too
Im just thinking it aint accident or misplacement,when both no shows over a couple years were my grizzly draws. Half this board aint understanding,im not talking about unsuccessful draws im talking about was never put in the draw!

caves16
05-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Do you even understand what im talking about? No mention of a unsuccesful leh means it never made it there.

Andrewh
05-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Do you even understand what im talking about? No mention of a unsuccesful leh means it never made it there.

Not true, I always mail all mine in the same priority envelope and have been successful without hearing about the others. So unless you are saying someone opened the envelope, took some of cards out and then sent the remaining in, you are wrong.

You will NOT hear about unsuccessful draws. If you don't hear anything then you were unsuccessful, plain and simple for most regardless of how badly you want to blame it one someone 'stealing' your LEH cards out of the mail...

hunter1947
05-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Don't matter for me I never get picked anyways..

Gateholio
05-13-2013, 02:25 PM

Not anymore. They don't mail you unsuccessful notices anymore.

s0ylentgreen
05-13-2013, 03:26 PM
i found this on page 3 of the 2013/14 LEH
(and i looked back - it also appeared on the 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 LEH as well)

NOTICE ! CHANGE TO LEH
The Fish, Wildlife and Habitat
Management Branch will not be
mailing notices to applicants who
are not successful in the draw.
Once the draw has been run,
please check the online draw
status page for your results and be
sure to call if you do not receive
an authorization that you should.
Notification of the results of the
LEH draw will be available online
at: www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/

blackbart
05-13-2013, 09:38 PM
The link to the online results is usually posted on this site within give or take 0.00878 seconds of the draw being run.

Usually this time is directly correlated to the annual high active user number (I think 493 this year).

This event is often (okay, always) followed by many new posts such as "long time lurker, first time poster.. got drawn for a samsquantch in 1-12 and would like to know where to go. Not looking for your special spot, but need some help". Good times really...

Salty
05-13-2013, 09:45 PM
The link to the online results is usually posted on this site within give or take 0.00878 seconds of the draw being run.

Usually this time is directly correlated to the annual high active user number (I think 493 this year).

This event is often (okay, always) followed by many new posts such as "long time lurker, first time poster.. got drawn for a samsquantch in 1-12 and would like to know where to go. Not looking for your special spot, but need some help". Good times really...

Epic! :lol:

caves16
05-14-2013, 09:58 AM
You have never recieved a response back with your unsuccsessfull draws and the odds that you missed out on?

caves16
05-14-2013, 10:05 AM
I see thanks for finding that,my point weather it was actually recieved or not,was that when i sent in 5 lehs and were sent back responses (weather successful or not) to 4 of them but no mention of my grizzly draw in past years ,im suspect.Especially when ive talked to other grizzly hunters and they have experienced the same.But i guess no one on this board has experienced that.I havent paid that close attention to the last year or 2 to see that they are no longer printing unsuccessful draws.i guess well never know if all our tags make it.

s0ylentgreen
05-14-2013, 10:08 AM
yes caves16 - good point

ive heard about that issue - the best way i think i can do it: is to pay the $11 and get a signature when delivered.

dogger
05-14-2013, 10:09 AM
I hated that damn NIL man!:???:

stillwater
05-16-2013, 10:27 PM
This ones a little different. First I've heard of with 30 yrs of the same damm cards. but this week we've had 4 customers in the store that have had at least 1 of their Leh cards mailed back to them. 1 guy went to the post office to find out why and he was told that the return address box was to big and the auto sort machines were picking it up instead of the leh address. He was also told by PO clerk to put a big To and From on the card, so he did as directed and the clerk remailed it for him. Just another reason to use an envelope. These guys all had time and remailed, it would be the shits if this happened next week. Good Luck to you all.

j270wsm
05-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Are you sending your spring grizz leh in with your other leh's? If you are, they might have thrown it out thinking you put the wrong hunt code on it. Spring grizz leh's aren't supposed to be sent in until February.

lilhoss
05-18-2013, 07:51 AM
Are you sending your spring grizz leh in with your other leh's? If you are, they might have thrown it out thinking you put the wrong hunt code on it. Spring grizz leh's aren't supposed to be sent in until February.

Bingo!
From the LEH regs,:
The deadline for the spring 2014 Grizzly

Bear and early Skeena Mountain Sheep LEH applications to reach the Victoria address is

4:30 p.m. Friday February 7, 2014

. Do NOT submit the application for the spring
2014 LEH draw until after July 31, 2013.
same thing goes for all the previous years...

Marlin375
05-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Bingo!
From the LEH regs,:
The deadline for the spring 2014 Grizzly

Bear and early Skeena Mountain Sheep LEH applications to reach the Victoria address is

4:30 p.m. Friday February 7, 2014

. Do NOT submit the application for the spring
2014 LEH draw until after July 31, 2013.
same thing goes for all the previous years...

They still accept them, they are not tossed or disqualified, they just prefer you send them in later, it makes it easier for all involved.

Marlin375
05-18-2013, 10:37 AM
This ones a little different. First I've heard of with 30 yrs of the same damm cards. but this week we've had 4 customers in the store that have had at least 1 of their Leh cards mailed back to them. 1 guy went to the post office to find out why and he was told that the return address box was to big and the auto sort machines were picking it up instead of the leh address. He was also told by PO clerk to put a big To and From on the card, so he did as directed and the clerk remailed it for him. Just another reason to use an envelope. These guys all had time and remailed, it would be the shits if this happened next week. Good Luck to you all.

Yup....see post #34, I put mine in an envelope now.

Darksith
05-18-2013, 03:00 PM
I would love it if they at least told you when you put your number in online as to which draws you were unsuccessful for rather than just saying NIL or no winning entries. At least this way you can see that your cards made it. Im not really suspect, but it would probably show some people mistakes, or DQ of certain LEH applications for whatever reason.

Deeboe
05-18-2013, 06:40 PM
I always express post mine in a single envelope for the same reason... you just never know.

Bowzone_Mikey
05-21-2013, 10:44 AM
when I got my spring grizz draw a few years ago ... I submitted them all together in the spring for the fall season ... When I was drawn I had completly forgot about it ... it was a nice surprise