PDA

View Full Version : TBBC Championships /Roundevous Reminder !!!!.

greybark
04-29-2013, 08:41 AM
:-D A reminder that the TBBC Championships and Rondevous is fast approaching - 18 , 19 , 20 May at Rock Ceek . Three days of camping , shooting and entertaining on one of the nicest Club grounds and the 3-D course is one of the nicest I`ve shot .
The draw and raffle prises are many and of good value , donations of prises are encouraged .
:-D Again Mike Soth will be donating a Hog (yep the whole thing) and his skills to provide a delishes free Pig Roast .
The Rock Ck kitchen Gang offer very good meals at a very decent price ....
Cheers .....

Spy
04-29-2013, 08:45 AM
Any more info like where it will be held would be great. Thanks :-)

The Hermit
04-29-2013, 08:49 AM
The shoot is at Rock Creek again this year Mike. I'm going if you want to share ride/ expenses... I'm pretty sure you can shoot but not compete with your compound or I'll lend you a trad bow and by the end of the weekend you will have picked up the beginnings of yet another addiction!! ;-)

J_T
04-29-2013, 09:09 AM
We'll have a good crew there. Plan on a day or two early to relax. Re the above: I don't think you can bring a sewing machine to a knitting rendevous, targets aren't really set up with the trajectory of a compound in mind. But there will be lots of sticks to use if you choose to come.

It is a good time though.

Onesock
04-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Should be there Friday. See you boys then.

Spy
04-29-2013, 09:21 PM
The shoot is at Rock Creek again this year Mike. I'm going if you want to share ride/ expenses... I'm pretty sure you can shoot but not compete with your compound or I'll lend you a trad bow and by the end of the weekend you will have picked up the beginnings of yet another addiction!! ;-)You are a really really bad influence.:-) now where is Rock Creek lol.Lets get together this weekend so you can give me a lesson. Talk to you tomorrow.

The Hermit
04-30-2013, 08:33 AM
We'll have a good crew there. Plan on a day or two early to relax. Re the above: I don't think you can bring a sewing machine to a knitting rendevous, targets aren't really set up with the trajectory of a compound in mind. But there will be lots of sticks to use if you choose to come.

It is a good time though.

I thought I'd bring along my crossbow this year.

Onesock
04-30-2013, 02:34 PM
You might get one good shot in and then you would look like a porcupine! ha

greybark
05-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Alex and Bill of AL Custom Bows will be attending with several bows that are a joy to shoot . Some pleasent surprises for those trying them out .
Looking forward to seeing these two at Rock Ck .....
Cheers

Ruger4
05-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Alex and Bill of AL Custom Bows will be attending with several bows that are a joy to shoot . Some pleasent surprises for those trying them out .
Looking forward to seeing these two at Rock Ck .....
Cheers

I'll be camping close by on the long weekend, going to come out and 'chek' out some of your set-ups !!

hardnocks
05-02-2013, 09:09 AM
I am planning to come with some of my yew wood selfbows.

greybark
05-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Hey Hardnocks , you would fit right in with several selfbow archers who regularly attend this shoot .
Cheers

Stéphane
05-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Looks like a pass for me. I was hoping to go, but I haven't touched my recurve since I began my hunting training for bear.

J_T
05-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Come on Stephane, what do you mean? Are you suggesting one should practice before attending the Rendezvous? It's about getting together with like-minded people and sharing stories and BS. You should come.

Onesock
05-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Just like hunt'in camp right?

OOBuck
05-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Can I bring my traditional crossbow?

greybark
05-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Hey 00Buck , This is the only event the TBBC members voted in to ban crossbows .
Shurly you have the decensy to respect that and not to mischief troll . LOL
Cheers

OOBuck
05-03-2013, 01:03 PM
respect that and not to mischief troll

What, I can't show up with a homemade medieval crossbow and join in the fun?? :o)

Onesock
05-03-2013, 01:05 PM
00 Buck..........Don't worry about a pandemic, stupidity is spreading way faster.

greybark
05-03-2013, 06:54 PM
What, I can't show up with a homemade medieval crossbow and join in the fun?? :o)

The targets would be too far for you ! LOL
Cheers

J_T
05-03-2013, 09:18 PM
00. You'd have a bitch of a time pulling bolts out of some of those targets. With steal targets and moving targets (missing with high velocity) you'd go through the bolts man. But seriously. If you like simple things good bs great people you don't need a bow to come out and feel like you participated. But, if you want to shoot, I have extra bows and just made arrows for em. You'd be welcome to one of them. Sometimes the best memories are quietly sitting one on one and talking to a kindred spirit.

Onesock
05-04-2013, 07:18 AM
You guys want salmon or oysters?

OOBuck
05-04-2013, 07:31 AM
But, if you want to shoot, I have extra bows and just made arrows for em. You'd be welcome to one of them. Sometimes the best memories are quietly sitting one on one and talking to a kindred spirit.

Thanks for the offer Jim!! I was actually looking at a website the other day on building medieval crossbows seeing how my attempt at a longbow didn't work. Also I was trying to get captain Kirk worked up just a little bit.. Toooooo busy hunting on permits to do anything extra right now. I did make hermy use his crossbow on one site just because I've seen him shoot a traditional!!! LOL

Islander
05-04-2013, 08:00 AM
We want salmon and oysters

Onesock
05-04-2013, 06:09 PM
00-- bring ur x-bow. You could look like a porcupine too!!!!

J_T
05-04-2013, 07:43 PM
You guys want salmon or oysters?
I agree. i think you meant "&" not "or". What about those large prawns too?

Onesock
05-14-2013, 08:43 PM
You boys pumped for the weekend?

aggiehunter
05-14-2013, 08:48 PM
who can I shoot with on Saturday? I mean I can only make it for one day of ass kicking Onesock!

The Hermit
05-15-2013, 06:46 AM
I somehow f'ed my back, herniated disk and sever pain right to my big toe... won't be able to drive that far or pull my bow. Hoping to be ready for elk season... :icon_frow

J_T
05-15-2013, 08:54 AM
I somehow f'ed my back, herniated disk and sever pain right to my big toe... won't be able to drive that far or pull my bow. Hoping to be ready for elk season... :icon_frow Somehow? Probably table dancing at Kira's wedding. So here we are again, you're telling me, that without Heather's massage, Starbucks, internet service and a hot pool, you're out?

Aggie, i was saying to Dougler it would be great to do a 'hunting camp round'. You, Mont, Doug, myself, small group, a couple of beer, quick and clean. An extra evening round. But, if you're only coming for one day, I suspect you'll have to shoot with Greybark or Onesock and make your point.

aggiehunter
05-15-2013, 09:00 AM
I'll see you boys on Saturday morning..early....I'll fit in with someone...

rollingrock
05-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Greybark has already been there....what a keener! So we will be camping there as well. We definitely are 'intimidated' by all you good shots...so we had to practice a little. Don't laugh....:mrgreen:

For warming up....;-)

http://youtu.be/ebAz1ZMXLpM

Onesock
05-15-2013, 10:36 AM
You can shoot with me Aggie-------your insurance paid up?

J_T
05-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Rollingrock. We'll be rolling the big base speakers as well, that's usually why most people camp a ways from us. Love the 'just go out and shoot' attitude. Great relaxation. Good work.

rollingrock
05-15-2013, 11:09 AM
So people will be all over the place there instead of camping at the club? I've never been there and don't know how it is like.

J_T
05-15-2013, 12:20 PM
So people will be all over the place there instead of camping at the club? I've never been there and don't know how it is like. Close to the club house is where the action is. Lots going on. You don't want to miss a beat.

rollingrock
05-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Gotcha! I know where I will be then...:D

Hodaka
05-17-2013, 01:27 PM
There is a *slight* chance I will be rolling through Rock Creek this weekend - is there an admission charge to stop in and say hi? No plans to participate, as I would be on a bit of a mission - i.e.: no time to hang out long.