PDA

View Full Version : Youth hunting question

Red Foreman
04-28-2013, 04:36 PM
My son just turned 10 and we've been studying for his core.Once he passes will he be able to get his own licence and tags,or does he have to hunt off my licence and tags?

The Dawg
04-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Own license, own tags

Red Foreman
04-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply NoahDawg

The Dawg
04-28-2013, 04:46 PM
No worries. Glad we are adding another young hunter to the group!

With his own license , he's also eligible for his own leh as well

sarg
04-28-2013, 04:47 PM
My son passed is core a few weeks ago and he is 11, we already got his LEH'S in the mail and license and a bear tag bought, :) good luck to ur son

Red Foreman
04-28-2013, 04:47 PM
I thought it was this way but the guy at the sport shop was telling me he couldn't get his own tags until he was 14.

The Dawg
04-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Nope. 14 is the cut off for the Junior License where you don't need a CORE- that's where you hunt on the others tags and Bag limit.

drgame
04-28-2013, 05:25 PM
the changed the age to 10-17, its a called a youth license. They dont need their core but they hunt under your license, they can carry a gun and harvest an animal but it goes on your tags. Great way to introduce the youth into hunting.

bc_archer
04-29-2013, 09:55 PM
So many people make that mistake, they get confused between the youth licence which are under any adult hunting licence holder which they accompany and when they pass the CORE and are eligible for their own hunter number and ensuiing licences and tags. All four of my kids passed their CORE and got their hunter number and then were able to get their own licences and enter their own LEH draws. Of course hunters under the age of 18 still need to accompany an adult licence holder (18 or older) when hunting.
Congratualtions go out to all those who encourage and accompany our young hunters.

Whonnock Boy
04-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Another thing to note is that when youths do get their hunter number and license, the parent has to sign a declaration stating they are responsible for their child while hunting, or that they are in the care of a hunter over the age of 18 who holds a valid hunting license.

Steeleco
04-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Just got 2 over the weekend, DON'T leave the store without the retailer filling one out for you. Tis bad!! But they are FREE

(2) An "Acknowledgment of Responsibility" form must contain

(a) the name, birth date and address of the child or ward applying for a licence, or on whose behalf the application is made,
(b) a statement that the parent or guardian will be fully responsible for the actions of his or her child or ward while the child or ward is hunting or carrying a firearm,
(c) a statement that the child or ward will be accompanied and under the close personal supervision of a person of at least 18 years of age while the child or ward is hunting or carrying a firearm,
(d) the name and signature of the parent or guardian, and
(e) the date of the signing of the form.

Whonnock Boy
04-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Yeah, what he ^^^^^^ said. :wink:

hare_assassin
04-29-2013, 10:48 PM
Very good info! Thanks to the OP for asking the question. I was under the impression my daughters had to wait till 14 to do CORE.

My youngest will be super excited to hear this!