PDA

View Full Version : Jet boating on the Salmon river 7-14 ??

digginsweatinswearin
04-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Just wondering if its possible to run a 16' sportjet on the salmon river that borders 7-14? It looks a little small to me.

The Dawg
04-28-2013, 03:38 PM
PM Nap. He's a pg guy with experience on the rivers here. He might know

ianwuzhere
04-28-2013, 03:55 PM
during the summer u mite be able to get a canoe down it if your willing to carry in shallow spots along the way.

Brett
04-28-2013, 09:03 PM
doubt it......post with your cell when you beach it ;)

Chopper
04-28-2013, 09:46 PM
You can ... it could be sketchy , you will have to start at the river mouth and you likly will not get too far past " Genteries Junction " ... is where the White River and the Salmon meet. I know the river well but have not been on it this year. It can get blown out and there can be logs across the river above water anywhere.

Not really worth it IMO. I know fisheries used to do it quite abit when i was a kid ... 25 years ago. I would not try and do 60mph up there thats for sure.

You will not get up it in the summer ... it will be way to low. Guys put rafts in at Big Tree Creek Steelhead fishing all the time. Sort of what that river is all about.

moosinaround
04-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Just wondering if its possible to run a 16' sportjet on the salmon river that borders 7-14? It looks a little small to me.
I have buddies who put their sleds in the Salmon and play in the water? Maybe an option?;) If your interested I can get some info for you? Seriously!!, well not too serious about the info, but dead serious about the sleds!!! Moosin

digginsweatinswearin
04-29-2013, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys, we also have an inflatable that might work for just drifting down, maybe thats the route we will go.

steel_ram
04-29-2013, 09:17 AM
You can ... it could be sketchy , you will have to start at the river mouth and you likly will not get too far past " Genteries Junction " ... is where the White River and the Salmon meet. I know the river well but have not been on it this year. It can get blown out and there can be logs across the river above water anywhere.

Not really worth it IMO. I know fisheries used to do it quite abit when i was a kid ... 25 years ago. I would not try and do 60mph up there thats for sure.

You will not get up it in the summer ... it will be way to low. Guys put rafts in at Big Tree Creek Steelhead fishing all the time. Sort of what that river is all about.

The other (one of) Salmon River.

Chopper
04-29-2013, 09:17 AM
Thanks guys, we also have an inflatable that might work for just drifting down, maybe thats the route we will go.

yes do that ! if you have a anchore even better.

billjc33
04-29-2013, 09:44 AM
An inflatable on a shallow river full of trees sounds like a terrible idea. I would take a canoe with waders or shoes your willing to get wet because your going to have to carry it over shallow spots and over trees.

nap
04-29-2013, 10:44 PM

Oh the mighty little salmon!! This time of year the salmon can be alot of fun but also deadly. That 16' footer you have will go miles and miles up that river, you will be able to go roughly an hour past the blue bridge on highway 97, the river splits into 1/2 dozen fingers into the trees, been like that for the past 5 years. Running it later in the year, middle of June on can be dicey, but all relative to wether you have a couple of pushers in the boat, count me in if you want to give it a try(In your boat). As for hunting season, Sept. I have floated it a few times in a canoe and have gotten real wet and cold. Would I do it again of course I would.

Chopper
04-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Ya ... im not too sharp ... disregaurd everything i posted , Wrong Salmon River . Srry missed the 7-14 part. I know nothing about that river lol