PDA

View Full Version : Mu 6-17

Quesnel Kid
04-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Ok not to be to fishy but has anyone out there hunted this MU? It looks interesting, I like the limited road access just wondering what game numbers are like in there. What about outfitters, does it get hit hard by guides and pack trains? Whould hate to pack in there and be competing with guides and clients, that would really cramp my style. Cheers guys and Gals.

PS I m moving to Terrace in 10 days can not wait to get up there and start exploring!!!!:-D

kitnayakwa77
04-28-2013, 10:25 AM
That is a wild and rugged MU. Not much in the way of trails....lotsa jungle, bears and goats though....fair share of bad weather.

kilometers
04-28-2013, 11:37 AM
The upper stikine and klappen gets hit pretty hard but also has a good population of moose. Most acces is by river boat. Looks like the upper skeena might get you into that mu. but I also assume others go in that way, Never hunted in their but I seem to remeber it being thick forest by the looks of the drive by highway to dease. Around iskut looks really good nice swampy and not to thick, we usually go right into dease. Theirs lot of game up their from moose caribou, grizz and goats.
The nass area is shut down for moose. So I wouldn't suggest trying that way.
Lots of bears around terrace to be had.

40incher
04-28-2013, 09:30 PM
6-17 is split by Hwy. 37 but there is very little road access off of the Hwy.

Lots of Grizz and Mtn. Goat but hard hunting. Some moose but not your best bet.

If you have a jet boat that opens up some options.