PDA

View Full Version : grand forks/christina lake turkeys?

Captainkf
04-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Hello All! I live in Grand Forks and know there are lots of turkeys between here and the Lake (border area) but am having trouble finding crown land on the river side of the highway. Are people getting their birds on private land or what? I am not looking for secret spots, well that would be nice though :wink:

I had some good feedback for goose hunting on here (thanks guys!!!!!) and am hoping that someone can lead me in the right direction as it is my first turkey season. I did well with deer/game birds last season (BC) and Caribou/game birds the year before (Nunavut) but am excited about turkey hunting!

Thanks again everyone!

goatdancer
04-28-2013, 09:41 PM
They are on the other side of the highway too.

Captainkf
04-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Yes indeed. We did some exploring yesterday and found one fairly high up (female) and then another near GF but could get close enough. Too bad there is no area to hunt around the border, they are everywhere down there. My little girl (5) loved using the wooden call box and having them gobble back at her. She was so upset that after being out for 7.5 hours of hunting with me we had to go home. I love hunting!

-Richard

d6dan
04-30-2013, 11:10 AM
PM sent.................

Captainkf
05-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Thanks! I'll let you know if we get something.