PDA

View Full Version : Howe Sound fishing?

albravo2
04-26-2013, 05:37 AM
I live in Squamish and have been seriously considering picking up a small runabout to put some crabs and prawns on the table. I also really want to check out some of the terrain in 2-5 for hunting this fall.

How is the fishing in the Howe Sound in the summer and fall? I regularly fish many of the rivers up here so I know there are a fair number of salmon moving through the sound at various times of the year but I rarely see anybody out fishing.

Any insights appreciated.

RB2
04-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Probably some feeder springs around defence islands right now.

The Silent Stalker
04-27-2013, 07:48 AM
There's great fishing around some of the islands, pink salmon out by Mcnabb Creek is always a great day. I think it's time I start looking a boat too.

albravo2
04-28-2013, 10:07 AM
My question isn't so much about what is biting right now, just about the utility of having a boat through the course of the summer.

Is there any reason to catch pinks in the ocean instead of a river? I'm really looking forward to hitting them with my fly rod on the local rivers this fall. I've found them to be fair eating early in the season. Good smokers and canners for sure.

CHEAM
05-02-2013, 08:34 PM
The Pinks on a fly in the chuck are better than in the river. Out there they run 360 deg. Around your boat.