PDA

View Full Version : Pit Lake Bass

gbrown001
04-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Tried fishing the waters beside the dikes at Pit I walk to hunt ducks and geese. Little action in the middle of the day, only caught 1 Bass about 1/2lb. Might be better later on, or earlier or later in the day. My dogs were baffled as to why I kept walking past the ducks and geese and not shooting them!

pnbrock
04-25-2013, 10:10 PM
doesn't that feed to the fraser river?

pmj
04-25-2013, 11:19 PM
doesn't that feed to the fraser river?
Yup.
The bass there will bite better when the water they are in gets warm like tea, end of June and in July. In August the lilly pads get really thick in some areas and water levels drop. It makes it tougher to get your weedless lure to sink and to move it through the cabbage with out constantly getting hung up.

yakideath12
04-26-2013, 12:16 AM
right now is spawning season for bass which means its best time to fish for them.

They are sitting near spawning ground to protect their nest. Bass attacks whatever near by nest.

Find little deeper water then you will get non stop bite over there.

pnbrock
04-26-2013, 04:39 AM
How did they get in the lake,aren't they now going to spread to many lakes? Not sure why they would introduce these fish to such a major salmon river system.

BigfishCanada
04-26-2013, 08:34 AM
Fished there all my life, didn't start catching them until around 10 years ago. Now every time I fish there I catch them, they were illegally put there by stupid people, and these people will deny it and even say that there has always been bass there...nope. I also caught a crappie there a few years back and sent the pic to a CO, said he was already aware. I have no respect for the bass fisher association, although I target these fish once in awhile, doesn't mean I support how they got here

Big Lew
04-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Fished there all my life, didn't start catching them until around 10 years ago. Now every time I fish there I catch them, they were illegally put there by stupid people, and these people will deny it and even say that there has always been bass there...nope. I also caught a crappie there a few years back and sent the pic to a CO, said he was already aware. I have no respect for the bass fisher association, although I target these fish once in awhile, doesn't mean I support how they got here
My sentiments as well, all too often an individual or group of self-centered, disrespectful of the environment, stupid, and/or ignorant person(s) will introduce an alien species without any research or concern of the possible harmful consequences to the resident populations just for their selfish interests.

Amphibious
04-26-2013, 08:57 AM
My sentiments as well, all too often an individual or group of self-centered, disrespectful of the environment, stupid, and/or ignorant person(s) will introduce an alien species without any research or concern of the possible harmful consequences to the resident populations just for their selfish interests.

+1. We have Lrg Mouth, Pumpkinseed, Sunfish, and yellow perch showing up all over the Okanagan. Goodbye Kokanee, it was nice knowing you....

I pulled a 8lb Large Mouth out of Wood lake last year.

Wild one
04-26-2013, 09:30 AM

The bass have been there for around 18 years that I know of. Crappie have been there way longer as my dad would catch them as a kid.

I don't agree with bass being moved around but they are not going anywhere so I might as well enjoy fishing for them. There are now bass all over the lower mainland and I even seen one caught on a spin n glow in the fraser over 10 years ago. Fisheries has tried to remove them from a few waters but it just ands up temporary lowering the numbers and wasting money.

Would be nice if the guys moving them were nailed but with the time and numbers of bass around they are here to stay now

sparkymacker
05-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Interesting, I have caught perch in Woods lake did not realize the bass were in there as well.

+1. We have Lrg Mouth, Pumpkinseed, Sunfish, and yellow perch showing up all over the Okanagan. Goodbye Kokanee, it was nice knowing you....

I pulled a 8lb Large Mouth out of Wood lake last year.