Okay boyz, just got the new rig in yesterday:

2006 Reflex Highlander, 50-60#, Slam & a Half Hybrid Cams
Cobra Sidewinder Plus 3 pin sight
Wisker Biscuit QS B2 Rest
Trophy Ridge Xchanger Stabilizer
Tru-Fire Judge Buckle release
Easton Excel "Carbonaeros"

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/Item/41/73/30/i417330sn02.jpg

I'm not over the moon with the arrows - never been a Duravanes fan, but they will get me shooting, and I'll build my own based on Gold Tips in the coming months.

Doing the setup and basic tuning today. Wish me luck!

Now who can get me out to the range?

Bow Walker
12-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Congratulations.

I'd love to! That would mean I didn't have to work.....but,
Maybe we can get out NYr's day - depending on the weather of course.

Great basic setup Franko, you're right about the arrows though. They'll get you out to the Jan. 14 shoot and won't let you down, either. But I suspect that you will want to change a few things in the coming months.

Have fun with this one first, then take your time before making any changes. "Act in haste and repent in leisure."

Now you can get a head start on You-Know-Who:twisted:

The Hermit
12-30-2006, 03:02 PM
ARRRRGH!!! Excellent Franko. Did all the noted gear come in teh package price on the bow or did you buy the goodies from John?

Elkhound
12-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Congrats Franko........thats the package from Cabelas is it not? Nice......seems like alot of bows this christmas

bsa30-06
12-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Congrats Franko, lookin forward to seeing some of your bow taken game pics. With all the new bows bought this year we should see an increase in bow taken game pics, and i'll do my best to take something with mine as well.

jessbennett
12-31-2006, 12:40 PM
excellent first bow franco. that bow is the old hoyt ultramag. had one. very very nice bow to shoot. congrads on getting bak into the addiction we call archery8)

Franko Manini
12-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Congrats Franko........thats the package from Cabelas is it not? Nice......seems like alot of bows this christmas

I ordered the bow from a Hoyt/Reflex dealer in early December. Got all the accessories from John at Island Outfitters.

Franko Manini
12-31-2006, 07:21 PM
excellent first bow franco. that bow is the old hoyt ultramag. had one. very very nice bow to shoot. congrads on getting bak into the addiction we call archery8)

I used to shoot Olympic recurves, and hat a Hoyt that I loved... I know Reflex is kinda the "plain brown wrapper" division of Hoyt and this bow fits me like a glove. Shoots SMOOOOOOOOOTH compared to the old wheelie bow that I have.

Can't wait to get back into it. It's like the addict taking a hit off the hooka after 15 years clean!

The Hermit
01-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I used to shoot Olympic recurves, and hat a Hoyt that I loved... I know Reflex is kinda the "plain brown wrapper" division of Hoyt and this bow fits me like a glove. Shoots SMOOOOOOOOOTH compared to the old wheelie bow that I have.

Can't wait to get back into it. It's like the addict taking a hit off the hooka after 15 years clean!

Now THAT explains a lot of things!!! :razz: I know, I know... takes one to know one! :arrow:

jessbennett
01-01-2007, 04:17 AM
good to hear. im glad it feels good. hope to see you round at the shoots this year.

Franko Manini
01-02-2007, 12:16 PM
good to hear. im glad it feels good. hope to see you round at the shoots this year.

I will be there!