PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing successes!

DropTines
12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
I thought I would make a thread for people to share their recent and past ice fishing experiences!
Here is a couple ideas of stuff to post(off the top of my head):
Boots,
Gloves,
Toques,
Snow suits,
Rods,
Sizes of fish caught,:lol:
How many fish caught,
Temperatures,:sad:
Places to fish,
Bait the fish seem to be attracted to.
And pretty much anything more you would liek to tell.
I thought I would make thi spost because I don't know how many of us fellow hunters ice fish, and thougth it would be a helpful place to go to read up on the fishing lately and help be prepared for weather or what not.

December 29th:
We arrive at the lake at about 8:15am and head out to a guy that had beaten us to where one of my uncles had been fishing the day before, he told us he had only been there for about an hour before us and I was surprised to see he had allready had three fish on the ice, after only about 10 minutes I had a pretty weak bite, and I didnt set the hook quick enough, in about 20 minutes or so I had yet another bite but again the fish had the last laugh...My uncle who had been fishing the day before and had caught 6 fish. He drops his line and not even a minute later he had a bite and brought up the first of his five fish. By the time I got my next bite the guy who had been on the ice when we got there had caught his six when he was leaving I brought up a pretty small fish so I released it, and then had a couple more bites after that. We left at about noon because it was probably -25 with the wind chill.