PDA

View Full Version : 7-02 LEH Grizzly hunt

ktt
04-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Hi all, this year I got a draw on above area, I never been in this area or never hunt grizzly before, could someone here please point me the direction, or share me the light where I should head out and try my luck. I'll be very appreciated. Please send PM or reply here. Welcome all inputs and advises.
Thank you.

The Dawg
04-18-2013, 11:16 PM
First post and its asking for where when and how to hunt grizzly. And in an area you've never been.

Awesome. Yup I sound like a dick, but ffs.

REMINGTON JIM
04-18-2013, 11:19 PM
Are you KIDDING us? :confused: RJ

warnniklz
04-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Breaking some serious cardinal rules here.

No introduction?
No joke?
Asking for spots without having a spot to trade?

I did a quick search of the area on google earth. Lots of great looking terrain (I've never hunted the area either). Try google earth, pick a spot and head out hunting.

And if you haven't been lurking HBC at all... I'll let you know that this place is a field of daisies, just be careful not to step in the bull shit

moosinaround
04-19-2013, 12:11 AM
Google earth is your friend. Try bingmaps too, use birds eye view. If it is your first time in an area head out take 10 days and explore. Look for what the bears are looking for, food and love!! Can't point you to any place in particular but the fun is in the hunting. Ummm maybe a search of the site data base might help too?!! Just prepare for spring in the mountains which will include snow rain and wind. Good hunting to ya. Moosin

ktt
04-19-2013, 07:31 AM
First post and its asking for where when and how to hunt grizzly. And in an area you've never been.

Awesome. Yup I sound like a dick, but ffs.

Good morning All, last night I posted and went to bed right the way.
Yes. I should introduce myself abit,
I'm a Chinese Canadian , lived in Burnaby for over 30 years, and have been hunting for sometimes, but never hunted Grizzly before, this year I'll try moose LEH at region 4 ( same time hunt the ELK ). Now I head out to work , talk you guys this evening.

Wild one
04-19-2013, 04:19 PM
ATV or boat are important tools for this area truck access is poor. Good grizz population if you hunt the right terrain and time it right.

If you are seeing lots of black bears you are not in the right area

My crew has 3 draws for the area this spring so I won't give locations this spring.

Do some research on the terrain grizz like in the spring look at a map and you should be able to find them