PDA

View Full Version : bear hunt kamloops area

mr7mm
04-16-2013, 07:51 PM
I just thinking I may have taken my holidays a little early has anyone been out bear hunting in the kamloops area if so have you been seeing any sign and if anyone can tell me what snow conditions are like

Thanks
Wayne

HarryToolips
04-16-2013, 09:10 PM
Been out a few times here in the Okanagan, same with some friends, we haven't seen any sign yet..I bet it's early pretty much everywhere..

Caveman
04-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Heard reports of three bears spotted n the Loops area

Jelvis
04-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Bears are out and some seen already, lots ah ticks, snow is retreating on the south, s/east and s/west facing slopes.
Bears are plentiful in the Kamloops area. Any way you drive out, some experienced bear hunters I know hit Jamieson Creek road for a black bear. Water, green up, warmer weather, still dead animals after snow melts, some carrion.
Grasses, bearberry, bugs and whad ever.
Some say if your hunting near the Creek in spots up J-My-Son Crick and eating a thick extra crunchy peanut butter sandwhich, make sure you cover your rear lol.
Jelly Mu 3-28 J-My-Son Black Bears .. .. .. Rock -- always check for MU Boundaries in the Jamieson Area off west of main.
Turns into different MU 3-29 west of White Lake from 3-28 check map to see where and what .. Peanut Butter Sangy :-D real Tangy
As you pass White Lake on the Jamieson Creek fsr going north you will hit Mu 3-30 to the west --
MU 3-35 Perry River is filthy with big black bear. Go on Perry River logging road. goat leh and other big game ..
occasional grizz, moose and mule deer besides tons of Black Bear. MU 3-35 rugged country
MU 3-36 has black bear also

skibum
04-17-2013, 10:35 AM
I live downtown Loops - every second night for the last week the dog has woken me up barking at a f'bear in the yard

russm86
04-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Been out a few times now. Still quite a bit of snow in the hills. It has greened up pretty good down low in the valley around Kamloops but I have yet to see any tracks or scat so far... I think still a little early yet.

Jagermeister
04-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Find someplace with a south exposure where the grass is starting to green up.
Bears are bound to show up sooner or later.

finngun
04-17-2013, 12:50 PM
I live downtown Loops - every second night for the last week the dog has woken me up barking at a f'bear in the yard

oh.. that must bee jelvis own pet bear-- winni pooh-pooh:mrgreen:

Steelpulse
04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
a friend of mine saw one walking around beside the highway half way to sunpeaks turn off from the loops yesterday morning

Darksith
04-17-2013, 02:30 PM
probably still too early. The plateau will be snow heavy still, so accessing some areas could be tougher than you think. Down low you might get lucky, but not a lot of animals down low. Jameson and batchelor/red lake area will have the mains plowed, but the side roads this time of year are usually undrivable, so I would guess the animals are still sleeping up there

mr7mm
04-17-2013, 03:48 PM
ski bum i took my woman to work this morning and saw the bear most likely waking you up a good sized cinnamon just above by pass of peterson bridge i took 1 week may off and maybe any luck in finding one

skibum
04-17-2013, 04:13 PM
mr7mm - he is cinnamon - nice colour, but the one around my place (west end of town) looks like this is his first spring waking without mama. Guess there are more than a couple hanging out in town.

Ya it is going to be like deer season - f'ers hanging out around my place, and not seeing anything in the bush