PDA

View Full Version : Fun day looking for bears!

Bromley
04-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Went poking around in the valley for bears today accompanied by my stick and string. Weather held out on and off blue sky, unusually high snow line, but still quite chilly. Did not see a bear let alone a dumpling pile; however that was expected this early! Just wanted to get out, and check around. Surprisingly not as much green as I expected though! What an awesome day got out and away and enjoyed the country. Just thought I would let y'all know my findings, hopefully it helps!

Feel free to let us know what you guys have seen so far!

Cheers,

Drew

Fella
04-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Was supposed to go out looking today but stuff came up last minute. Hoping to go out a couple evenings this week so I hope the weather warms a bit more

604redneck
04-14-2013, 10:20 PM
i was able to get out today around kelowna spotted my second of the year a nice dark chocolate boar that looked to be a pretty good sized boar......he was 368 yds on the range finder and with about an hour of light left and the fact it was steep shit my buddy decided he was gonna do the responsible thing and let him walk.

Bromley
05-05-2013, 09:37 PM
went out again today, things are much greener than two weeks ago. not much scat, only saw one fresh pile and a bear a few hundred yards away from it. What a scorcher!

Cheers,

Drew