Dont laugh its not funny!:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXV1qN7wiH8

BCLongshot
12-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Ya that's pretty bad isn't it ?

Hard to stomach the stupidity !

Caveman
12-28-2006, 09:25 PM
Would be nice to see them shoot a few standing shots rather than letting fly as everything is running. Even the big buck trotting could have been stopped for a good standing shot. Hopefully there isn't a bunch of deer out there packing a little extra lead in their draws after that.

Odd-6
12-28-2006, 09:38 PM
That was bad:frown: ! Just shows what happens with no practice, skill, or knowledge. Can't believe one would film that and post it...just shows what type of idiots are "hunting".:cry:

browningboy
12-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Funny somewhat, its always easier to critisize others , but wow, the hillside has lead poisoning? Buck fever I guess?? Lets take a deep breath etc....:lol:

.308win
12-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Hope none of those deer are running around wounded or crow feed...Not good.

eastkoot
12-28-2006, 09:53 PM
They are on a website .. they shoot whitetails the same way. Check out "menoutdoours.com"

kootenayelkslayer
12-28-2006, 10:48 PM
I've seen a bunch of these guys videos. I'm certainly not a big fan of the way they do things. Throwing hailmary shots at running animals isn't my idea of ethical hunting.

mcrae
12-28-2006, 10:57 PM
All I can say is " WOW " I sure wouldn't want to be in the same area as these guys. To each there own I suppose but in that wide open terrain I don't understand why they are taking running shots? I figure they would have lots of time to set up and take one good shot.

hunter1947
12-29-2006, 05:33 AM
I guess in there early hunting days ,they were not brought up to no the difference on when to shoot and when not to shoot. hunter 1947.

mapguy
12-29-2006, 08:50 AM
geez thats really bad . maybe the target range should be part of the hunter training course . I don't think there even sighted in .

chola
12-29-2006, 09:06 AM
Geeze,that just ridiculous.......and to vidoe it and then post it...WOW
I would love to be hunting there though..looks like an awesome area

dawn2dusk
12-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Just more fuel for the anti's......makes us ethical fair chase hunters look bad

valleycowboy
12-29-2006, 09:57 AM
i definately don't agree with the running shots but in their defence,judging distances in open country like that is tough.they do need practise and should maybe invest in a range finder.

ryanb
12-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Everyone misses at some point, but to start blasting-away at a running herd after a miss is just plain ridiculous.

Murder
12-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Are they Americans?

wetcoaster
12-29-2006, 10:41 AM
That was just plain awful. Their lack of skill is glaring!

NEEHAMA
12-29-2006, 10:42 AM
to hunt like that they will need a m16 with lot's of clips. i think i seen the jaw fly off one of the deer!

geologist
12-29-2006, 11:08 AM
That disgusted me so much, I couldn't finish watching the video.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-29-2006, 11:31 AM
One good reason for wearing blaze orange in Sask. From other videos I've seen from Sask it's more common than you would hope for. The videos I am referring to are the series where the shoot that huge muley, Mr Majestic, that was featured in Big Buck mag. From all the other footage it seems to be the norm for them.
And to think my buddy only took 8 bullets to Sask this past season:oops: .

SSS

Franko Manini
12-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Geeze... I haven't fired that many rounds in the past 3 seasons combined!

Maybe those guys should have a look at this:

http://gallery.menoutdoors.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4681&cat=1031

I'm not sure that this is ethical either, but at least they are connecting, and obviously they are well practiced marksmen.

The Hermit
12-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Long range is right... it is kinda cool but it isn't "hunting" to me. Its spot and kill not spot, stock, and kill. Too easy with that gear me thinks. Reminds me of the video of a Canadian soldier credited with the longest sniper kill using gear like that...

Those yahoos in the first video need a good solid kick in the ass!

Gateholio
12-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Long range is right... it is kinda cool but it isn't "hunting" to me. Its spot and kill not spot, stock, and kill. Too easy with that gear me thinks. Reminds me of the video of a Canadian soldier credited with the longest sniper kill using gear like that...

!

Yup, it's all the gear...Too easy with al that gear. I mean..*ANYONE* can pick up a long range rifle and instantly become an expert marksman, right?

I guess anyone that hunts with gear more advanced than a sharp spear is using gear that makes hunting too easy.8-)

talver
12-29-2006, 01:14 PM
those guys in the first clip should spend more time at the range in a couple of those clips the shooter is asking where he hit if he doesbt kbow where he is hitting he should not be shooting

Walksalot
12-29-2006, 01:38 PM
I had a fellow relate a similar story to me and thought he was a great long range shooting Hiawatha. The deer suffered for hours as he watched it hopeing it would die because he ran out of bullets. Eventually he had to leave to get more bullets.
He didn't have to wonder what I thought of him.

Chuck
12-29-2006, 01:56 PM
That's just brutal,like lake fishing with dynamite. What seemed to be the problem boys!

sawmill
12-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Christ,they can`t shoot,they can`t run a camera and they don`t have enough sense to NOT post their huge shortcomings(polite word for ****ups)on the web for all the world to see?That`s the kind of crap that keeps the Greenies in donations.:mad:

Will
12-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Everyone misses at some point
True, but Not 17 different times in a 1 minute Video........:lol: :lol:

abbyfireguy
12-30-2006, 10:52 AM
I was totally appalled by the Saskatchewan shooters in the first video...
They need to practise more,,,do some accurate range estimating in the off season and learn some basic hunter safety..
Hope no one was in or near any of the barns behind several of the deer being machine gunned . That was very dangerous and stupid tactics....

Red Foreman
12-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Why would these boneheads even show that film to anyone?Do they think normal hunters are going to give them a pat on the back.Christ it makes us all look bad.With them blasting off rounds like that it shouldn't be too long before they end up shooting one another.I wouldn't feel safe hunting with them bozo's,wouldn't mind checking out that area though.lol

livingston
12-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Check out these two video's.

The guys are just shooting at anything that moves and most of the time it doesn't even look like they check to see if they even hit the animal.

Plus there was a couple times when they asked "where's the whiskey" and in a couple of the shots a night they don't look sober.

http://gallery.menoutdoors.com/gallery/images/mm-ms.gif (http://gallery.menoutdoors.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4551&cat=1015)

http://gallery.menoutdoors.com/gallery/images/mm-ms.gif (http://gallery.menoutdoors.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4553&cat=1015)

ruger#1
12-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Well i would say that first video is a discredit to hunters. Not a positive thing either. on a scale of 1 to 10 . I give it a -10 . what crap

oscar makonka
12-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Sad thing is that the shooting ability of the average 'hunter' is pretty similar to what is displayed in those videos. I see people shoot at game like that more often than not. They don't practice, don't know when or when not to shoot, let alone care, they see game they start blasting... can't kill it if you don't shoot at it attitude. See guys like that at the range just before hunting season, they know it all but can't hit shit, they cheer when they hit a 16" steel gong at 300 yds off a bench 1 out of 5 tries and think they are a sniper. It aint a Sask thing, it is everywhere.

Gerry
12-30-2006, 06:56 PM
I agree with oscar. The only thing that I thought was funny was that they chose to play "Dueling Banjos" as their theme song.....bunch'a hillbillies. When I retire I want to open up an ammo store.

huntwriter
12-30-2006, 08:06 PM
I only watched the first video. I guess the hunter had a bit of “stage fright”. This is a professional video company that just got into the hunting market. From experience I know that it is not easy to have a camera in you back going; “Shoot, Shoot, Shooot maan”. It’s a take out that they don’t put into the finished video. If it would be me I wouldn’t have put onto “YouTube” either, bad advertising move. But kind of funny to watch how he shoots and keeps shooting with nothing happening. :smile:

kootenayelkslayer
12-30-2006, 08:41 PM
These guys are just terrible, what a joke. Is it just me, or was that one guy in the second video looking a bit tipsy when he was talking about his scope fogging up...?

elkguide
12-30-2006, 09:00 PM
I am baffled that anyone could have that low a level of ethics. Guys like that should have to bow hunt or nothing at all. what ever happened to teaching the one shot one kill method.

Will
12-30-2006, 09:26 PM
Geezus....I'm speechless:|

Rainwater
12-30-2006, 11:35 PM
Maybe they should have a "special" season for rifle hunters in Sask.!!

Gilmore
12-30-2006, 11:57 PM
My old man would kick my ass if he ever caught me shooting like that! Those boys must be orphans.

Chad

Byson
12-31-2006, 12:13 AM
you think they would of edited there vid before with pure luck they did get a few nice bucks and still can tell there buddies what good hunters they are

J_T
12-31-2006, 10:50 AM
From what I observed, these guys didn't think there was anything unethical or in poor taste in this style of hunting. Why else would they post the www.saskatchewanoutdoors (http://www.saskatchewanoutdoors) at the end. They probably believe they are promoting tourism in Sask.

Sure there are lots of things they could have and should have done differently, starting with a bit more respect for the animal, but that's my opinion. If they grew up there and that's how they've been mentored to hunt, well, that's how it is. Why are we all sitting back judging them?

I'm sure lots of us have taken shots we'd rather not talk about.

JT

huntwriter
12-31-2006, 05:28 PM

JT

For some it's easier to hold a mirror up to others rather than look at themselves in the mirror.:lol:

oscar makonka
12-31-2006, 09:04 PM

Sure, but most of us try not to repeat it over and over hunt after hunt year after year. Seen many of their videos, all display similar abysmal shooting skills, they need some self control, calm down take their time, make the shot count instead of spray and pray.

Byson
12-31-2006, 09:26 PM
they need some self control, calm down take their time, make the shot count instead of spray and pray. Patience patience patience took me a few years to learn when i first started out its one of the main ingredients to being a successful Hunter. Im sure we all have taken shots that we wouldn't like to talk about. This video shows me they need patience

Greenhead
01-03-2007, 08:00 PM
It appears to me that the guy that did the video is a member on this forum? Curious why he hasn't defended himself? Maybe he hasn't read this thread?

Anyways, as for the video....... sickening! I am a bowhunter that gets harassed by my rifle hunting buddies all the time, can't wait to forward this link to them! HAHAHAHAH!!!

scoot
01-03-2007, 08:50 PM
My old man would kick my ass if he ever caught me shooting like that! Those boys must be orphans.

Chad

How true. Sad part is, their folks probably raisedem shootin like that. They had to get it from somewhere.

.308win
01-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Maybe they should have a "special" season for rifle hunters in Sask.!!

Heck pretty sure we all missed at least once(if your lucky only once), but i'm sure most of us(hopefully all of us) would stop shooting once the deer started to run. Maybe they sould lay off the rye, and spend a little more time on the range, Maybe a "special" freebe day or two from the local range!

SHAKER
01-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Good thing that wasn't done with a cross bow. Wow that was a gross display. Who ever did that should be shot and pissed on.

Islandeer
01-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Very poor form, they need some schoolin...

craigchaplin
01-10-2007, 07:06 PM
I agree.....that was horrible! Like has been said..i'm sure we've all missed but that was crazy! Long shots are one thing which can be done with practice but to shoot at running deer..again and again....WOW! Expensive on the ammo too. Looks to me that they need to spend some time at the range...maybe sight in??? No reason they shouldn't have dropped those deer with one careful shot....had lotsa time????!

longhairmtnman
01-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Well I can't say I saw anything illegal in the clips, I did see a grainery in the background of one of them(and it usually means a roadway) which they would have been shooting towards. The one clip of the guy on foot proclaims to be persuing mule deer in "rough terrain"!!! That boy would be lost here in b.c.:lol: I saw more nice deer in that 4 minute segment than I have seen while outdoors here in B.C. Them boys are spoiled rotten. A little patience before the shot would help the odds of hitting the target.:roll:

NightOwl74
01-12-2007, 03:26 AM
Only good thing I saw was the use of the bi-pod sticks. This sort of video is why I don't tell people I hunt anymore. I hunt every fall in Alberta west of Edmonton with some relatives and, I can tell you these video guys just look like the typical "Rig-Pigs". Youth with a lot of money and ego. This past Nov. I was following tracks in the hills above Kelowna when I came across a large splash of blood in the snow. Obviously a bullet impact. It was at the edge of a large clearing with a treestand someone set up at the other end. Someone obviously got off a shot, and thought they missed. I followed the blood trail for 2 clicks to no avail. Not a single human print to be seen in the snow besides my own. I could tell from the tracks he was hit left front quarter/leg, and with that much blood loss with 4 inches snow and -5, the yotes had a feast that night:cry: . We all make mistakes; I just don't think these clowns have the intelligence to change, which is too bad for hunting and the deer.

talver
01-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Is it me or does anyone else thing that they guys should spend WAY more time at the range????? I also noticed that these guys like to shoot at runnig game instead of just waiting for a better shot. Most of their videos make me sick its guys like these that give ethical hunter a bad name. Sorry but thats mt .2 cents just seen that antelope video he miss twice broad side at what he calims to be 150yard then shoots it on the run at 50 yards why shoot it on the run I dont understand?????????????????

Woodrow
01-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Drunk BAsterds can barley hit the ground when they pee