PDA

View Full Version : Leh Second choice

Gunpoint
04-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Just had a question about the LEH card. Does my second choice have to be for a second area? OR can it be for the same area? Example: Any bull being my first choice and cow and calf my second for the same area? Just a little unsure about this, the instructions only say it has to be the same species. Just looking for some clarity before I mail in the cards.

Krico
04-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Just has to be a different hunt code for the same species.

SingleShot
04-13-2013, 04:55 PM
As long as the second choice has a different hunt code # it should be ok.

CraigOC
04-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Has anyone ever hit on a second choice? The way it works is pretty strange

jml11
04-14-2013, 06:51 PM

Yes I have but it was a goat draw that had no first choice applicants (0:1 odds). You will only get the second choice if the that hunt code had less than a 1:1 first choice odds in the year applied (i.e. not all authorizations awarded on first choice selections). If you put in a hunt code that is always above a 1:1 odds ratio you might as well have left the space blank as there will be no authorizations left over for the second choice draw anyways - and yes you can leave the space blank.

Rackmastr
04-14-2013, 06:55 PM

Works pretty simple in my eyes. I planned a back up option and drew my 2nd choice for spring grizz this year. Just applied for a tougher zone on my first application and picked a good second choice to ensure I would draw.

Savage230
04-15-2013, 07:51 AM
I also hit on my second choice but it was a mule deer draw. Good luck with your draw.