PDA

View Full Version : leh application privacy

olympia
04-13-2013, 12:20 PM
how do you guys feel about the fact that you just stick you stamp on the back of the leh application with the their address pre-printed on it? im still putting in but now the postal employees know you are a "big bad animal shooter" as they are handling your mail when they flip it over and see your name and address.

Weatherby Fan
04-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Put them in an envelope and mail them,problem solved.

Drillbit
04-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Envelopes are the way to go, you can put bribe $ in with your card too, or multiple cards.

Weatherby Fan
04-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Envelopes are the way to go, you can put bribe $ in with your card too, or multiple cards.

With the amount $$$ of my bribe this year they already sent me the Kamloops Sheep draw, I would like to thank Big Boar for his tips in this process :mrgreen:

swamper
04-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Who really gives a fat rats ass what some postal employee thinks about the fact that you are a hunter. People seem to forget that for the most part, hunters are the real conservationists and the stewards of the land. Be proud of the fact that you hunt. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

Moosehunter64
04-13-2013, 12:51 PM
When I sent mine last year at the post office the lady behind the counter said Oh its that time again I have to get mine in soon. So hunters are every where, you can`t worry about what some people think.

Gateholio
04-13-2013, 01:01 PM
PO around here always jokes about how many last minute hunters courier their cards over. If you are worried about your privacy, use an envelope. I've always used envelopes anyway, because I send in all the cards at once.

It's really a non issue.

BiG Boar
04-13-2013, 01:24 PM
My question is why are you only putting in one LEH?

cameron0518
04-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Be nice when they get with the times and do it electronically and then you could get confirmation they got it. I wonder how many people think theirs made it and never did not counting being late.

palmer
04-13-2013, 01:46 PM
We really are starting to get paranoid....I've mailed mine for 30years and never had a problem.....And proud for people to know I HUNT

olympia
04-13-2013, 02:17 PM
i put mine in an evevelope last year and was worried that somehow they might overly picky and not consider them valid since they were not sent how they were intended to, this is only my second time applying so but i will just stick them in an envelope. I was worried that it was gonna be like applying for a passport where even one little mistake resulting in a rejection, this is a government agency folks lol

Gateholio
04-13-2013, 02:23 PM
http://anonymouscollegegirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/newdoublefacepalm.jpeg

BiG Boar
04-13-2013, 03:04 PM
If I sent mine in individually surely someone in the post office would take the $20 bill taped to the back of it almost every time. Use an envelope, its fine.

Weatherby Fan
04-13-2013, 03:13 PM
If I sent mine in individually surely someone in the post office would take the $20 bill taped to the back of it almost every time. Use an envelope, its fine.

$20........you told me $100 for the rosie draw.....you said you need to send more cash for high odd draws.....WTF

blackwater
04-13-2013, 03:14 PM
http://anonymouscollegegirl.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/newdoublefacepalm.jpeg

Going to have to give that a big AMEN Gatehouse.

BigSlapper
04-13-2013, 03:32 PM
.12 cent envelope ....non issue.

lilhoss
04-13-2013, 03:41 PM
how do you guys feel about the fact that you just stick you stamp on the back of the leh application with the their address pre-printed on it? im still putting in but now the postal employees know you are a "big bad animal shooter" as they are handling your mail when they flip it over and see your name and address.

All our postal workers,here in Ladysmith, already know I'm a "big bad animal shooter",.....especially when I have to get my Duck licence there.....oh,and when I get my harvest data questionare,oh...ya,and when I send and receive my papers for my PAL.,...and when I registered my firearms,back in the day.
Seriously,most have no idea what that LEH card is or give a damn.

BiG Boar
04-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Plus groups and shared hunts it says they have to be In one together.

ruger#1
04-13-2013, 05:40 PM
$20........you told me $100 for the rosie draw.....you said you need to send more cash for high odd draws.....WTF
It is only money from his monopoly game.

tomahawk
04-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Who really gives a fat rats ass what some postal employee thinks about the fact that you are a hunter. People seem to forget that for the most part, hunters are the real conservationists and the stewards of the land. Be proud of the fact that you hunt. It is nothing to be ashamed of.
Couldnt agree more!

Camp Cook
04-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Well I give a fat rats ass but not that it has anything to do with I am a hunter has to do with spreading the word that I am a firearms owner.

I don't need someone that I do not know seeing that there is the potential that I own firearms and having them record my address down.

Other than one neighbour no one else in my neighbourhood knows that I own firearms why should I broadcast it out to others.

olympia
04-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Well I give a fat rats ass but not that it has anything to do with I am a hunter has to do with spreading the word that I am a firearms owner.

I don't need someone that I do not know seeing that there is the potential that I own firearms and having them record my address down.

Other than one neighbour no one else in my neighbourhood knows that I own firearms why should I broadcast it out to others.

thats kinda what i was gettin at but i guess some couldnt read between the lines, i dont need my house gettin broken into for my guns or some lib post office employee giving out addy's to some animal rights activist painting my driveway red

Ry151
04-13-2013, 07:16 PM
i send all my cards in an envolope what have a tracking number so I know they get there. Not worried about it being removed but if they get lost i can send more in before the deadline. worth the $10

Drillbit
04-13-2013, 09:32 PM
thats kinda what i was gettin at but i guess some couldnt read between the lines, i dont need my house gettin broken into for my guns or some lib post office employee giving out addy's to some animal rights activist painting my driveway red

Supposed to be 25 years for gun theft.....they can have mine if they want, they're locked up according to the law and insured, I'll get brand new ones. That what this system we have set-up for us is for, not our problem.

Camp Cook
04-13-2013, 09:58 PM
I can see your point if you only have generic over the counter firearms but if you own firearms that are not made any more or are extremely hard to find your schit out of luck on replacing them = I'll keep my profile as low as possible and will do everythig I can to avoid some low life scoring my firearms.

olympia
04-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Supposed to be 25 years for gun theft.....they can have mine if they want, they're locked up according to the law and insured, I'll get brand new ones. That what this system we have set-up for us is for, not our problem.

supposed to be 25 years but its more like 25 days and the owner gets hassled even it they locked up in room "difficult to break into" lol

yennek
04-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Envelope, simple solution