PDA

View Full Version : Graham-Laurier Provincial Park

igojuone
04-12-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm new to the Fort St. John area and am looking for areas to hunt this fall. Can anyone tell me about the Graham-Laurier Prov. Park? I realize it's a huge area but what kind of terrain am I looking at hiking into the park close to where I would have to park the truck. I see some of the park is open to quads but I'm on foot the whole way.

Also are there any white-tails in the area?

canishunter22-250
04-12-2013, 01:43 PM
I would say not a great place to go whitetail hunting, but there would be a few around. I haven't actually hunted them there, so who knows how much my advise is worth. If you're strictly after whitetails, I wouldn't go that far into the mountains.

I have seen a quite a few further to the east along the 95 road and on the horseshoe creek rd. I'd try out there.

I think you'd have a tough time getting too far into the park on foot anyways. It's pretty remote, especially without a quad.

igojuone
04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks, whitetails are not the only thing I'm after but definitely in my cross hairs along with mule deer, elk and moose. I'll look at the areas you mentioned, thanks for the help.

igojuone
04-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Is it a lot of private land out Horseshoe Creek area or is there some public land?

canishunter22-250
04-12-2013, 09:38 PM
The majority of it would be crown, but there's private land along the halfway river in the main valley. A half a dozen big ranches.