PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Contest Team#2 2013

bcbrez
04-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Team #2

Ok, The Danglin' Snoods this is your page to post pictures, scores and anything else you want to talk about between your selves.
Remeber to post a picture along with the score of your bird here and on the 2013 Spring Turkey Contest Scores thread.
Here is the link to the NWTF scoring calculator - http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html (http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html)

Team score:

Team members;

burger
hunting_princess
dukeshow
elkeater
Krico
Wrayzer

Krico
04-12-2013, 09:18 AM
All right guys & gal. Good luck hope everyone gets out there. Team name ideas? I tried coming up with something original I hadn't heard before. Anyone else?
Dead Redheads
All Beards No Moustachios

Wrayzer
04-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Right on, Im heading out to the Gar next saturday for a shot at one.

OutWest
04-13-2013, 09:42 AM
How long are you here for Wrayzer? We should get together for a beer and what not.

Krico
04-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Cool. Heading south late next week and have 5 full days to hunt, really hoping to bag a bird this year. More so for my son, so he can experience and enjoy the success and not get discouraged. He came for his first try last year(only my 2nd) but came home empty. He is so excited he has been asking daily for a couple weeks how long until we go.

when are the rest of you team 2 members heading out? Are any of us locals or are we all travelling?

burger
04-13-2013, 10:03 AM
I am leaving next friday for not sure where yet. We will be somewhere in the rock creek cristina lake area but we are open to suggestions. It is my first time going so I am pumped but a little blind so to speak on where to go. I have 5 days to wet my feet.

How about Turkey Lurkers
Gobble Getters

Wrayzer
04-13-2013, 10:09 AM
How long are you here for Wrayzer? We should get together for a beer and what not.

You bet man, I'll be staying with Dwayne at the RV Site Saturday, pop in for a beer and BS. I'll let ya know which site.

.300WSMImpact!
04-13-2013, 10:11 AM
You bet man, I'll be staying with Dwayne at the RV Site Saturday, pop in for a beer and BS. I'll let ya know which site.

castelgar rv park, site 8

Wrayzer
04-13-2013, 10:29 AM
I am leaving next friday for not sure where yet. We will be somewhere in the rock creek cristina lake area but we are open to suggestions. It is my first time going so I am pumped but a little blind so to speak on where to go. I have 5 days to wet my feet.

How about Turkey Lurkers
Gobble Getters
I'm a rook to turkeys too, we're lookin like the underdogs at this dance.

as for team names...
The Danglin' Snoods
Hobblin' Gobblers
Readheaded Step Childs
The Neards (neck beards)

Krico
04-13-2013, 10:45 AM
The Danglin Snoods. Love it!

burger
04-13-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm a rook to turkeys too, we're lookin like the underdogs at this dance.

as for team names...
The Danglin' Snoods
Hobblin' Gobblers
Readheaded Step Childs
The Neards (neck beards)

Dont they say the rookies have all the luck!!!

Were the team anchor!! HAHA

elkeater
04-13-2013, 05:43 PM
hi there teamates i have opening day off (sweet). and if any of you are in grand forks area soon slide me a pm and maybe we can meet up. i may know a couple of spots here. hint hint

Krico
04-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Dukester...Princess...you out there? What's everyone's vote for team name?

.300WSMImpact!
04-14-2013, 02:23 PM
I keep the princess pretty busy ;)

hunting_princess
04-14-2013, 02:28 PM
The Danglin' Snoods sounds good to me. We are not rookies, I'll be hunting with Dwayne but I will take first shot at the first nice tom..haha:-D

Wrayzer
04-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Danglin' Snoods dounds like the name.

We all better get movin out there soon, down two birds to team 5.

dukeshow
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Danglin' Snoods I like it.

elkeater
04-15-2013, 08:58 PM
well im on some birds now. i just got to close the deal

Krico
04-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Danglin' Snoods it is! Good luck out there everyone, my hunt will hopefully start Friday for 5 days. Elkeater are you chasing those birds in the am?

elkeater
04-16-2013, 03:50 PM
nope i think its too cool in the morning for them to fire up. im heading out soon though. i have to work this week

Wrayzer
04-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Anybody Get out yet? I have to get through a long day of work then its off for a couple days

Wingman
04-18-2013, 09:17 PM
nope i think its too cool in the morning for them to fire up. im heading out soon though. i have to work this week

I watched 3 toms strut an gobble for 2 hours this morning 6:00am to 8:00 am - 2C...... since when do cold sheet slow down a horny teenager.:wink:

Grant

elkeater
04-18-2013, 09:38 PM
well maybe they do. im still a rookie. ive never had luck in the mornin

bcbrez
04-19-2013, 06:06 AM
well maybe they do. im still a rookie. ive never had luck in the mornin

I've always had the mmost luck in the morning. They seem to be more vocal too.

boscheefish
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I've never had luck in the pm aswell , I've seen them but that's about it,
there is something magical about the morning, all of my hunts for turkey have been done by 7 am.

Krico
04-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Anybody Get out yet? I have to get through a long day of work then its off for a couple days

Started hunting this morning. Saw nothing,heard nothing. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have advice for a newb in Creston. Good luck everyone!

hunting_princess
04-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Well we have tomorrow morning left out of our 4 day trip...unfortunately I have not got a shot at anything :( Not looking so good. If castlegar doesn't work hopefully on a weekend will have to try get one closer to kelowna!

Krico
04-21-2013, 09:27 PM
It has been tough hunting for us too. Have seen a few birds but mostly on private land we couldn't hunt. Finally got permission somewhere, and had our kids all hidden in the bush with decoys out and a big Tom gobbling 75 yards away when some neighborhood jerkoff pulls into the property and makes a scene. Ruined the experience for our kids. Too bad as most of the locals we met were very friendly. We have left the valley and trying further north for a couple days.

dukeshow
04-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Well we have tomorrow morning left out of our 4 day trip...unfortunately I have not got a shot at anything :( Not looking so good. If castlegar doesn't work hopefully on a weekend will have to try get one closer to kelowna!

Try Merry creek in Castlegar lots of Turkey's up there

elkeater
04-22-2013, 10:36 PM
wow. i had two toms come in to thirty yards and stop tonight. im thinking i need some decoys. boy it was fun though!

bcbrez
04-23-2013, 05:50 AM
wow. i had two toms come in to thirty yards and stop tonight. im thinking i need some decoys. boy it was fun though!

Thirty yards.....why didn't you shoot?

elkeater
04-23-2013, 04:08 PM
they where in waist high shrubs and i couldnt se them well enough but i thought about it

Brez
04-23-2013, 04:22 PM
I tried shooting through buck brush (ceanothsis?) at about 5 yds one time and ended up with squat. Best to be sure. Good on you.

burger
04-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Really bummed out. Had to cancel my trip last minute as work commitments could not be taken care of. Great to be busy at work but there is a down side...will try later this month!!

Krico
04-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Well guys I gave it my all but came home empty handed. Hunted dawn till dusk for 5 days, plus the evening I arrived and and the morning before the drive home. Birds were real tough to find, and would either not respond to calls or simply go quiet after a few gobbles and head in the opposite direction. Our kids however still had a blast which is what this trip was all about. Turkey season is really the only time I dislike living so far north as there's just no way to make more than one trip a year for them. I really envy you guys who can weekend it and sneak out in mornings before work or evenings after.

elkeater
04-27-2013, 08:03 PM
found some cool moose sheds while out looking for a bird today so it wasnt a total bust