PDA

View Full Version : Bowcase

Shooter
04-10-2013, 10:17 PM
So I am looking for a good quality soft bowcase. Any recommendations from any of you guys? Ideally I would like to be able to leave a quiver on and would like it to be "semi rigid" not just a bag. I just don't like how big and bulky the hard cases are and really I just need a case to keep my stuff together and get me back and forth to the range and perhaps the odd 3D shoot for now.

OOBuck
04-10-2013, 10:28 PM
SKB other than the latches suck. But they do replace them for free..

Shooter
04-10-2013, 10:35 PM
They are only hard cases tho right?

I am considering one of these but they are pretty pricey. I like the fact that I could strap it to my quad tho.

http://www.lakewoodproducts.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=53

Sofa King
04-10-2013, 10:38 PM
mine's a soft one, but it's great.
it's quite firm, not a sloppy bag by any means.
i use a kwikee-quiver, so it just slides right off and goes in it's own zippered part.
plus it has two pockets for a range finder and everything else.

don't know the name off hand.

RoscoeP
04-11-2013, 06:42 AM
I have a "Blacks Creek" soft case really nice. Got it from Archers Nook in London Ont. Cheers Ross

allan
04-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Plano 44, hard case but you can leave the quiver attached, I made brackets to quick release it to my rear rack on my quad.

Bowzone_Mikey
04-11-2013, 08:05 AM
you are hard pressed to beat a Lakewood product ... any issues that come up they fix promptly ... and they not "Offshore" built 100% in Wisconsin
What I like the most about them is that they are soft, water repellant ... yet rigid enough for airline use. by the way they all are designed to float when fully loaded ...

I also like the Easton Elite bags
http://www.abbeyarchery.com.au/mm5/graphics/Easton_Elite_Bow_Case_Black_Orange_large.jpg

Shooter
04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
I haven't found any Canadian retailers yet for the Lakewood cases. Did you order yours from the states? I am looking for 2 cases and I havent heard back what the shipping would be but it is probably a deal breaker.

Shooter
04-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Im also considering these cases....

http://www.opticsplanet.com/tenzing-tz-sb39-hybrid-bow-case-39.html

Bowzone_Mikey
04-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Maple leaf archery in Spruce Grove Alberta stocks them and are the CDN distributors IIRC
I know that the shop in Quesnel has brought them in (I dont recall the name right now)

Seeing as your on the rock ... I would suspect that the place in Duncan (Buckys????)will bring it them in if you placed an order ...

failing all that shipping from the states isnt that expensive I would either order it... or cross the line into Washington and get it at Riverside in Mt. Vernon

dave*
04-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Dont discount some of the soft double gun cases for bow applications.

I use a cabelas soft double rifle case and a 5.11 soft double rifle case for a few of my bows. Contender/737

Only problem is this style of case doesnt work well with a heavily reflexed bow ie alphaburner due to lack of width.