PDA

View Full Version : Nikon under fire over rifle scopes designed for 'dangerous game' hunting

2chodi
04-10-2013, 07:53 AM
This article is from a photography website. The comments are interesting.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/04/03/nikon-under-fire-for-making-rifle-scopes

Kudu
04-10-2013, 08:19 AM
What a load of Bollocks.....

Sofa King
04-10-2013, 09:01 AM
wow.
i'm a photographer, but lots of those comments are ridiculous.
i can see the point in the main article though.
in one breath nikon is talking about the peaceful beauty of capturing that photo of a magnificent creature, then in the other trying to make money off the killing of them.
it is actually pretty hypocritical.
but, it's nothing new.

Mr. Dean
04-10-2013, 09:25 AM
wow.
in one breath nikon is talking about the peaceful beauty of capturing that photo of a magnificent creature, then in the other trying to make money off the killing of them.
but, it's nothing new.

Hypocritical?
Really????

I enjoy both activities so where is the hypocrisy in trying to satisfy my needs?

boxhitch
04-10-2013, 10:05 AM
On one hand Nikon shows how their equipment works for capturing beautiful shots of wildlife
and on the other hand shows how their equipment works for taking beautiful shots at wildlife.
No hypocrisy there

Jagermeister
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
On one hand Nikon shows how their equipment works for capturing beautiful shots of wildlife
and on the other hand shows how their equipment works for taking beautiful shots at wildlife.
No hypocrisy there
That's a worthy analogy.

Whonnock Boy
04-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Perfect timing on the post! The comments posted linked to an article about the Tanzanian Govt's plans to evict the Maasai from their land to allow lion trophy hunting, with the Avaaz spearheading the campaign. My cousin recently posted the FB, read and share propaganda article on her page. Of course the usual "Poor lions", "Obviously the penis enlargement didn't work" type comments came up. Naturally, I had to share my comments. :twisted: Thanks......

Lionhill
04-11-2013, 08:48 AM
You guys must have some bad ass scopes, my scope has never killed anything.

TheProvider
04-11-2013, 10:09 AM
People will always complain. Funny though how hunters hunting the dark continent help employ hundreds of people. Plus the meat is given to local villages. So hunters help employee people and also feed thousands of people in need. Hunters are horrible.

wrenchhead
04-11-2013, 10:27 AM
Poor scopes get a bad rap. All mine is for is looking through, the bullet usually does the bulk of the killing.

Rackmastr
04-11-2013, 11:16 AM
wow.
but, it's nothing new.

No....its not hypocritical at all. Maybe an anti-hunter may see it as hypocritical, but pretty ignorant to draw that conclusion IMO....