PDA

View Full Version : region 5, moose hunting blockade..whatever happend?

olympia
04-08-2013, 11:36 PM
i plan on hunting the region 5 area or black bear and even put in for leh, whatever happened to all that talk about a certain group stopping another group from hunting it? has all that blown over or is it still on? anyone have any experiences?

warnniklz
04-09-2013, 07:04 AM
bears are no issue... probably never will be and S.F.A.

one-shot-wonder
04-09-2013, 07:56 AM
The issues were around the delcine of Moose numbers in the Chilcotin.
By all means head up that way bear hunting. You will be helping out the moose and the local economuy in the area.

olympia
04-09-2013, 10:23 AM
i just bought a half acre near lac la hache and plan on spending more time in that area with my family and hunting buddies, i was just making sure i wouldnt run into any issues with people consideringme an outsider

Hunt-4-Life
04-09-2013, 02:24 PM
From a neighbor in the 108, welcome to the Cariboo! I'll think you'll find that this side of the Fraser is quite different from the Chilcotin side of Region 5 regarding blockades, etc. Cheers!

.330 Dakota
04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
i just bought a half acre near lac la hache and plan on spending more time in that area with my family and hunting buddies, i was just making sure i wouldnt run into any issues with people consideringme an outsider

As a fellow Hacher,,,welcome,,no worries around here, as Hunt-4-Life said all that BS is west of the Fraser,,they even had a refridgerator van out there this year so they could slaughter moose I was told

srupp
04-10-2013, 10:33 AM
hmmm LEH #'s are down....still no need for aboriginals to give any accounting of #s shot..and still very high level of cows being shot ....figure one more year and there will only be enough for substanance use..and ceremonial sales..OOOPS steven

Singleshotneeded
04-10-2013, 10:57 AM
One set of regs and laws for everyone living in Canada regardless of colour...while there's still game left alive!

twinpeaks3
09-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Kinda glad we didnt get our Oct 1 draw this year. Nothing will ever change up there.

whitlers
09-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Well that's fun..I'm heading up there tomorrow for two weeks right around gang ranch..

jessbennett
09-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Well that's fun..I'm heading up there tomorrow for two weeks right around gang ranch..

good luck...... the 2800 rd to the big meadow camp is blockaded off...... no logging trucks, no forestry workers, and no non first nations hunting. Mr. full of $hit himself Joe Alphonse was on the radio yesterday yippin and yapping about how they are peacful roadblocks. Yet the usual facemasks, guns pointed at the vehicles being turned around, snooping around and looking in vehicles, kicking tires, blah blah blah blah blah....... sounds peacful. then you get the guys at the fuel stand in the afternoon bragging about how they have already shot 5 this week, and his cousin "will" has shot 4............. bunch of horse$hit...... anyways best of luck to ya.... p.s. dont plan on heading out big creek way either. the groundhog at the 81 km on the 2000 rd is blocked as well .

Burny
09-29-2013, 11:39 AM
We were just in 5-14, we never saw any road blocks and talked to a few other groupsthat had bull draws as well, we did not see one camp or talk to anyone who had filled there LEH. It was like the moose have been pushed to the brink out there. I will not be putting in for a draw west of the Fraser again. We would have done our part with the wolves but didn't see a fresh track.

Whiterock
09-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Dont get me started guys,,I for one am so sick of the 2 and 3 sets of rules in this country,,we need ONE rule for all,,and till our polititions grow a spine, it will be our fish and game that suffers!

jessbennett
09-29-2013, 12:54 PM
see them everyday.... the wolves and the blockades...... really dont know whos killing more moose out there honestly. there should be a closure on ALL moose hunting to EVERYONE until the population can recoup if its that bad. If everyone could work together on a solution we might get something done. Honestly first nations cant try to claim and be the "stewards of the land" or "the protectors of the land", when they can try to stop me from feeding my family because the populations are too low, but they can go out and slaughter them all over the place. Its plainly obvious that they really dont care about the situation with the moose, because if they did, they wouldnt be hunting them either. jesus, goo out and kill more deer, leave the moose alone...... since seeing some of what is going on out there, i have been packing a camera in the logging truck and im going to have to buy a new memory card..............

IronNoggin
09-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Jack is a Good Buddy of mine, but NO he is not on this site.
I will be passing through his neck of the woods tomorrow, and having a chat. I'll suggest he have a boo here...

And Lord Help ANYONE of ANY color that stands between me and the road to where I'm heading to... :evil:

Cheers,
Nog

whitlers
09-29-2013, 07:11 PM
good luck...... the 2800 rd to the big meadow camp is blockaded off...... no logging trucks, no forestry workers, and no non first nations hunting. Mr. full of $hit himself Joe Alphonse was on the radio yesterday yippin and yapping about how they are peacful roadblocks. Yet the usual facemasks, guns pointed at the vehicles being turned around, snooping around and looking in vehicles, kicking tires, blah blah blah blah blah....... sounds peacful. then you get the guys at the fuel stand in the afternoon bragging about how they have already shot 5 this week, and his cousin "will" has shot 4............. bunch of horse$hit...... anyways best of luck to ya.... p.s. dont plan on heading out big creek way either. the groundhog at the 81 km on the 2000 rd is blocked as well .

Thanks for the info. There is a ton of land up there, I'm sure we will find a spot.

mots
10-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Why is it that every year I get super pumped to head up to Region 5! Then I have to read this! Sigh! I will have to agree that I havent seen as many moose as I have before! However im hunting deer so I hope I have no issues!

frenchbar
10-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Dont get me started guys,,I for one am so sick of the 2 and 3 sets of rules in this country,,we need ONE rule for all,,and till our polititions grow a spine, it will be our fish and game that suffers!
me and you both jeff ..welcome back to hbc ..stick around and talk some hunting !