PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Ranger range finder

LYKTOHUNT
04-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Does anyone have one any comments good or bad

mike-juliet
04-12-2013, 07:35 AM
So far so good, Equal quality to the Leupold and Bushnell that are in the same price range. No ballistic compensation built in but I wouldnt use it anyways, to many variables with those generic built in programs. Ranging accuracy is good, lives up to the advertised claims of accuracy and the effective range so far has been spot on, keep in mind how many things affect the accuracy and effective range of a laser rangefinder. In short you will be happy with this product, I'd buy another one.

mikeboehm
04-14-2013, 05:16 PM
read the reviews on cabelas and bass pro. i wouldnt buy one

mike-juliet
04-15-2013, 06:37 AM
read the reviews on cabelas and bass pro. i wouldnt buy one

The problem with online reviews, those who know the least know the loudest.

LYKTOHUNT
04-15-2013, 08:47 AM
The problem with online reviews, those who know the least know the loudest.

Ya that is the way sometimes, I did look on the reviews on those sites but unless I am missing something, it seems most reviews were mostly favorable

mike-juliet
04-15-2013, 09:44 AM
The thing that nobody seems to get is that rangefinders are affected by so many outside factors that will effect their performance. People also assume that a 1000yd rangefinder will pick up any target at 1000yds on any day in any condition and this is simply not true. Granted some Manufactures have better ranging technology than others(Leica is among the best in my opinion) but the Ranger will meet or excede the performance of any similar priced product.

Cyrus
04-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Got one for xmas..love it! but it has yet to be tested on anything besides my jack russell....

Singleshotneeded
04-16-2013, 11:47 AM
The best thing about it is the lifetime warranty, that's awesome for an electronic item that's used in the bush!

elitehuntergreg
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
I just bought one. absolutely love it. would recommend it to anyone! In my opinion the best ranger for the price.

elitehuntergreg
04-19-2013, 09:23 AM
but as stated above Leica is probably the best out there if you want to fork out the money.