PDA

View Full Version : 100 mile big buck contest link

mark
12-28-2006, 01:07 PM
For anyone that wants to check it out heres the link to the 100 mile buck contest i join every year. Only 29 entries out of 115 hunters, not very good! No hogs either! Most of the hard core mulie nuts up there that i would consider to be the biggest competition, didnt even have an entry this year! Wasnt the place to bag a booner this past season! :-(

http://www3.telus.net/public/birchfr/opener.html

Sieg-MM
12-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks for sharing Mark. Looks like awesome club to be a part of. I bet the banquet is a absolute blast.

mark
12-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Anyone can enter the contest, the dinner party/awards night is a great time! I think jan 21???

CHilko21
12-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I was at that banquet a couple years ago, 04 or 05 I think, it was definately a good time. Seems like everyone in the cariboo area is having a hard time finding the big deer this year. The largest I saw taken were two 4 points that really, while nice deer, weren't even close to trophy quality. It'd be nice to know where the buggers were hiding this year.

boonerbuck
12-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Right on mark. I had no idea there was a web page for it this year.8-)

I suppose you will be there this year?

I'll try and put time aside for the Banquet.

mark
12-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey chilco, were you in the contest? Are you this year? are you going to the banquet next month? Jan. 05 was the year i won it! Hunters i talked to up that way say the deer were there, they just couldnt see them. Some loggers up there say they saw lots of deer at night when heading into the bush to work, but none come daylight! They figure, the deer were more nocturnal than usual!

mark
12-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Booner, the web address is different from last year, i had to phone to get it! I'll be there again, with no entry this year as my reg. 8 buck isnt eligable. Its a good time, i like to see what was taken up there, and BS with the hunters too. You should stick around for the dinner this year!

boonerbuck
12-28-2006, 04:51 PM
I think I will this year.

I was in rough shape on that day last year. Sleep deprivation.......:lol:

xcaribooer
12-28-2006, 05:33 PM
It was kinda neat checking out the pics ,there is one of Bruce Higginbottom, the last time I saw him he was a 10 year old kid tagging along behind his dad.I remember his dad and some of the other long time "Clintonites" sure had a reputation for finding big bucks as well as sheep.