PDA

View Full Version : For all you rabbit hunters......

Dirty
04-06-2013, 10:07 PM
For all you rabbit hunters......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNxo7GFEXWw

treehugger
04-06-2013, 10:34 PM
I've seen it done with a fish bonker too. Also if you wet them down before you skin em it helps keep hairs off the meat.
Cheapest meat as far as feed for weight gain... not to mention delicious!
and their poo goes right on the veggie garden! no composting it first like with chickens
it's a shame they're so damn hard to breed... oh, wait

mbway
04-06-2013, 10:34 PM
You got to be a seasoned bunny killer to kill them that way.

sparkes3
04-06-2013, 10:52 PM
sure easier than holding them up for dad to skin

warnniklz
04-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Elmer Fudd could learn a thing or two... this guy didn't even get shot with his own shotgun... a true pro

DeerWhisperer
04-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Is he dead??

pnbrock
04-06-2013, 11:04 PM
couldn't do it too damn cute,and i don't eat rodents!!

anglo-saxon
04-06-2013, 11:08 PM
In a pinch, lay them across the knee and stroke them rear to front to relax them, then hang them upside down by the back feet and give one decent open handed (karate) chop to the back of the kneck and it's game over. "Peeling" a rabit is like taking your sock off: no skill required at all.

Beware of rabbit starvation! :wink:

MOOSE MILK
04-07-2013, 01:25 AM
As a rabbit hunter I never did get one back to the house and dispatch it that way. Once they were shot my dad showed me how to do a quick field clean, first you make a small incision from the anal up to the start of the rib cage, then you took hold of the bunny by the two front legs and the head kinda holding it by the neck with the head and feet in both hands and swing the rabbit like your hitting a home run with a baseball bat. All the innards fly out and you don't get a spot of blood on ya.
Never had one of them fancy hanger up things for skinnin bunnies we used two nails about 5" long drove through a piece of 2x4 about 12" long and nailed to the shed wall with the pointy end of the nails pointing slightly up, all you did was push the nails through the hind legs between the bone and tendon and start skinnin' just like in the movie.

adriaticum
04-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Kill da wabbit!

yamadirt 426
04-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks dirty. I just shot a wild one on thurs and I've got 3 domestic to take out this week. The pellet gun method is too messy