PDA

View Full Version : Fort Fraser/Fraser Lake Whitetails

roboto88
04-05-2013, 03:50 PM
Anyone hunt near Fort Fraser for Whitetails? I went once last year, buddy saw a doe and I saw a nice rack on a fence post. Just wondering if its a decent spot and worth another try this year.

BromBones
04-05-2013, 04:27 PM
You see the odd few here and there but they're not very thick. More mulies around.

todbartell
04-05-2013, 05:32 PM
There's been a few huge WT bucks taken between PG & Fraser Lake over the years, but they are where you find them.

moosinaround
04-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Any place with an open season is worth a try!! Up the Sutherland FSR and along the gasline there would be good for grazing I'd bet! Along the south facing slopes in the big ole firs would probably show whities and mulies. Of course any of the north side hills of Francois lake would produce deer. I've seen them south of Canfor's mill off the kluskus FSR but there is quite a bit of private land round those parts! Maybe even try north of the hoof too dog Creek FSR towards Ft St James? Moosin

dellis
04-05-2013, 10:05 PM
I find a few whitetail in pockets......but most of the good WT land is on private property. More mulies than WT in the area, and some good deer, but deep snow and tough winters, and wolves, keep the populations kinda low.
Darcy