PDA

View Full Version : Goldbridge goats

afflicted 1
04-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone has put any time in hunting goats in gold bridge bralorne area. I've been sledding out there before the area looks beautiful, and really rugged.

edg
04-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Just wondering if anyone has put any time in hunting goats in gold bridge bralorne area. I've been sledding out there before the area looks beautiful, and really rugged.

Noel Basin behind Bralorne

geoskier
04-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Haven't drawn a tag there yet but there are quite a few between Hope Creek/Noel and the Birkenhead. I have skied within 200m of a family of 7! Fairly easy goat hunting if you ask me.

steel_ram
04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
I heard Heli-tours from Whistler and back country snow mobilers horassed a lot of them out of Noel Crk area.

geoskier
04-04-2013, 11:12 AM
That wouldn't surprise me. They probably moved east into the Birkenhead protected area. I doubt they went west towards the cat ski op.

Gateholio
04-04-2013, 02:11 PM
I heard Heli-tours from Whistler and back country snow mobilers horassed a lot of them out of Noel Crk area.

It's long been an issue.

afflicted 1
04-04-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm sure the snowmobiling and Helis have moved them around a fair bit it sure is a nice area out there.

Rob
04-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I spent a couple days scouting for my goat draw up Truax last year and didnt see a thing. No deer/bears(shit only)/goats. Nice country but kinda disappointing.

REMINGTON JIM
04-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Hi I Was born In Pioneer - Bralorne - i have shot 3 goats there years ago 1 in Piebiter Creek - and 1 in Noel Creek and 1 up the Backside (west) of Noel Creek . We came in from the Hurley River side :-D ! Noel Creek is always a good Bet . There was lots of G Bears in that area then too ! Good LUCK ! :-D

Cheers RJ

ufishifish2
04-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I have hiked there a tonne and seen many goats over the years because the wife had a cabin on Gun Lake. Saw lots near Slim Creek Ice fields while hiking and have seen them all over those hills from the window of helicopters for work.
I have a friend who guides in the Carpenter Lake area for goats. I have seen the animals he has guided for and in truth, wasn't overly impressed. I will continue to hunt goats in other areas of the province because for some of us, size does matter! ;)
Just my 2 cents!!!

REMINGTON JIM
04-05-2013, 10:36 PM
I spent a couple days scouting for my goat draw up Truax last year and didnt see a thing. No deer/bears(shit only)/goats. Nice country but kinda disappointing.

I lived at the base of Truax in the 50-60 's there were not many goats up there - Noel creek was a Much better hunting area ! :) RJ