PDA

View Full Version : Wolf on Connector

Long bow
04-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I was driving between Merrit and Kelowna, over the connector, at about 1530 hrs. I was just over half way to kelowna when I saw what I thought was a coyote just off the game fence..but on the highway side. It suddenly occurred to me that I was still pretty far away from the "coyote"..to have him stand out like that..as I got closer, I lost sight behind barrier, and there it was..a huge grey and white wolf on the right side of the road..proud as punch...he was a huge, fully mature wolf. I had seen one before in 5-04 while moose hunting and this one could have been his brother..same markings...and did I say "Big"..I couldnt comprehend the size. I shoot a good bunch of coyotes, and hunt everything else...but I got to say..this guy was a big critter. I was just thinkng to myself that I hadnt seen many game trails or prints in the snow, or along the fence. It was Easter sunday, so the traffic volume was up there..lots of traffic, and it didnt bother this critter one bit. He was 50 ft off the rd looking into the fence..
Under other circumstance, I'd have shot it in a heart beat..its only my second sighting. An old trapper once told me that if you cant see the wolves and coyotes when you are out in the woods..there are still to many...and when you start to see em..there are way to many..

one-shot-wonder
04-03-2013, 09:54 AM
A colleauge of mine hit a wolf crossing the connector west of the Aspen grove turn a couple months ago. It was a fair size by the amount of damage inflicted on the Prius's front grill and valance.

I agree with the old trapper, there are too many wolves in areas where there havent been any in decades.

Steelwheels
04-03-2013, 12:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PUusEBRHgfo#t=0s

Charts
04-03-2013, 05:23 PM
whats this youtube video to do with anything? stupid if you ask me

Steelwheels
04-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Who's Asking...??

Good2bCanadian
04-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Hey that was a sweet commercial!